PF.com Petition makes NEWS!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Press-Gazette

Green Bay Packers fans have gone to the Internet to try to convince Brett Favre to return for one more season as quarterback in 2007.

They've started at least two online petitions.

The larger one, entitled "Brett Favre Cannot Retire This Year," has more than 2,500 signatures. It's at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/number4/index.html

Part of its plea: "We ask that you come back for just one more year, and take us back to the promised land. ... You, Brett Lorenzo Favre, must come back for one more year and end this chapter of your thrilling career, and make one last run to the Super Bowl."

The smaller one, entitled "Brett Favre 07/08," has more than 500 signatures. It's at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Favre0708/index.html

Part of its plea: "We, the Green Bay Packers fans from around the world, would love nothing more than to see Brett return for the 07/08 season and provide one more year of the most exciting football played in the NFL. It will be a sad day when Brett does retire, however, we are not ready for that to happen quite yet!"

Favre, 37, said after the Packers' season finale on Dec. 31 that he expected to decide "soon" on whether he'd return for his 16th season as the Packers' quarterback.

In 2005, he waited until March 10 to announce his return. Last year, he waited until April 25, four days before the NFL draft, to say he'd be back.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is that article new or older becuase the big one has 3400 some sigs and the other smallers one is close to 800 sigs

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Do any of you think that this is just added pressure on Brett??

What I am saying is the guy has got to know what the majority of the fans want him to do...

And IMO these just put more pressure on him to try and make people happy, or if he does retire maybe he will feel like an a@@ cuz he let you all down..

That is why I wont sign these..I want him back, but dont want to put any added pressure on him..

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but thats like saying the chants after the last home game this year. "1 more year" is putting more pressure on him too. these petitions just show him something he already knows.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, I would feel GREAT if I had so many people behind me that still believed in me. Everyone needs exceptance, it has to be making him feel good. The bottom line IMO is that HE himself will make his decision whatever or whenever that will be no petitions in the world will change that. But it can't hurt either to sign these so I will. Brett still needs our support as fans!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO, I would feel GREAT if I had so many people behind me that still believed in me. Everyone needs exceptance, it has to be making him feel good. The bottom line IMO is that HE himself will make his decision whatever or whenever that will be no petitions in the world will change that. But it can't hurt either to sign these so I will. Brett still needs our support as fans!!!

Please dont get me wrong, I dont think the petitions are a bad thing at all...Brett might even love the fact they are out there..I am sure he knows all about them, after all these petitions are posted on his site, and DAVID prob has said something to him..

My previous post was me thinking WHAT IF...Wanted thoughts on it..

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
steveGB said:
these petitions just show him something he already knows.

The petitions aren't even on his radar.

Try to make the connection.

A newspaper noticed the peititons.

This newspaper askes Brett questions.

They COULD ask Brett about said petitions an what his feelings are about them.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What I am saying is the guy has got to know what the majority of the fans want him to do...

And IMO these just put more pressure on him to try and make people happy, or if he does retire maybe he will feel like an a@@ cuz he let you all down..

That is why I wont sign these..I want him back, but dont want to put any added pressure on him..

longtimefan,

Your point and thoughts are just as valid as any of ours on this matter. I guess, because none of us know Brett in person, we will never really know "exactly" how he will feel if he reads them. My hope would be he would see them as "Support and Motivation" but not "Undue Pressure".

I can understand your point of view however and respect your opinion on why you are not signing them. I think the last thing "any" of us wants is too make him feel the way you described above.

I have a question for you however, without meaning to start a debate. Is a little pressure ( if that is what happens ) really such a bad thing when a man who is waivering so close one way or the other on retirement; could in one last year , ( at minimum ) see him close out his career with both the all time wins record and the all time TD record that he may very well regret not coming back for the rest of his life ?

Just a question longtime fan, but the man can still play ball and it's not like there is any "male testostorne" to push him in his home anymore (and that is no knock on his wonderful wife and daughters), just reality because of the sad passing of his father a couple of years ago.

Cheers friend

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I have a question for you however, without meaning to start a debate. Is a little pressure ( if that is what happens ) really such a bad thing when a man is waivering so close one way or the other on retirement could in one last year , ( at minimum ) see him close out his career with both the all time wins record and the all time TD record that he may very well regret not coming back for the rest of his life ?

Cheers friend

I cant answer if it is a bad thing..Only Brett can answer that..

I have said I dont think these petitions are a bad thing for those that made them or those that are signing them..

For me I feel that Brett knows what the fans want, he has heard the chants of 2 more years, 4 more years etc...

Us fans want him back for selfish reasons..To go out a winner, to see him break records, to witness him playing just one last time, and things of that nature...It would be AWESOME if he were to say, the fans want me to play again, so I will...But I dont think that will ever be said, do you??

But this decision is about Brett, his family/friends and what THEY WANT as a whole...Do they want him to break records, do they want the schedule of the NFL for another season, and him missing out on certain things along with regular things that go on day to day as being part of a family..

All of those things are what is truly important..But the most important part is this..

Is his love for the ENTIRE part of being a NFL q/b going to out wiegh EVERYTHING else that is in his life...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts