1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PF.com Petition makes NEWS!!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

2. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Someone get Mark Owens (Signature #503) some help.

Get him help now!

3. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting this Zero, hopefully everyone that wants him back signs it...

4. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't pay :/

5. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    is that article new or older becuase the big one has 3400 some sigs and the other smallers one is close to 800 sigs

6. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Do any of you think that this is just added pressure on Brett??

What I am saying is the guy has got to know what the majority of the fans want him to do...

And IMO these just put more pressure on him to try and make people happy, or if he does retire maybe he will feel like an a@@ cuz he let you all down..

That is why I wont sign these..I want him back, but dont want to put any added pressure on him..

8. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    but thats like saying the chants after the last home game this year. "1 more year" is putting more pressure on him too. these petitions just show him something he already knows.

9. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The petitions aren't even on his radar.

10. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    IMO, I would feel GREAT if I had so many people behind me that still believed in me. Everyone needs exceptance, it has to be making him feel good. The bottom line IMO is that HE himself will make his decision whatever or whenever that will be no petitions in the world will change that. But it can't hurt either to sign these so I will. Brett still needs our support as fans!!!

11. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
  12. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Please dont get me wrong, I dont think the petitions are a bad thing at all...Brett might even love the fact they are out there..I am sure he knows all about them, after all these petitions are posted on his site, and DAVID prob has said something to him..

My previous post was me thinking WHAT IF...Wanted thoughts on it..

13. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Try to make the connection.

A newspaper noticed the peititons.

This newspaper askes Brett questions.

They COULD ask Brett about said petitions an what his feelings are about them.

14. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Word and word.

15. vegOmatic

vegOmatic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

16. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    longtimefan,

Your point and thoughts are just as valid as any of ours on this matter. I guess, because none of us know Brett in person, we will never really know "exactly" how he will feel if he reads them. My hope would be he would see them as "Support and Motivation" but not "Undue Pressure".

I can understand your point of view however and respect your opinion on why you are not signing them. I think the last thing "any" of us wants is too make him feel the way you described above.

I have a question for you however, without meaning to start a debate. Is a little pressure ( if that is what happens ) really such a bad thing when a man who is waivering so close one way or the other on retirement; could in one last year , ( at minimum ) see him close out his career with both the all time wins record and the all time TD record that he may very well regret not coming back for the rest of his life ?

Just a question longtime fan, but the man can still play ball and it's not like there is any "male testostorne" to push him in his home anymore (and that is no knock on his wonderful wife and daughters), just reality because of the sad passing of his father a couple of years ago.

Cheers friend

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I cant answer if it is a bad thing..Only Brett can answer that..

I have said I dont think these petitions are a bad thing for those that made them or those that are signing them..

For me I feel that Brett knows what the fans want, he has heard the chants of 2 more years, 4 more years etc...

Us fans want him back for selfish reasons..To go out a winner, to see him break records, to witness him playing just one last time, and things of that nature...It would be AWESOME if he were to say, the fans want me to play again, so I will...But I dont think that will ever be said, do you??

But this decision is about Brett, his family/friends and what THEY WANT as a whole...Do they want him to break records, do they want the schedule of the NFL for another season, and him missing out on certain things along with regular things that go on day to day as being part of a family..

All of those things are what is truly important..But the most important part is this..

Is his love for the ENTIRE part of being a NFL q/b going to out wiegh EVERYTHING else that is in his life...