Peyton and Eli

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/11400/peyton-surprises-eli

SAN FRANCISCO -- Peyton Manning didn't tell Eli Manning he was coming to watch him in the NFC Championship Game.

But big brother was there to hug little brother after the Giants' 20-17 overtime win over the Niners to go to the Super Bowl. And Peyton could not be happier for little bro.

"I’m just proud as a quarterback to see the way he’s played," Peyton told reporters after the game. "I’m even more proud as his brother."

Peyton said that he and Eli have spoken every Friday to go over defensive coverages and the two broke down the Niners and the specific coverage San Francisco showed when Eli threw a 17-yard touchdown pass to Mario Manningham on third-and-15 in the fourth quarter.

“It’s an eight-man coverage,” Peyton said. “We talked about the certain holes and windows in that coverage. It was a great throw. That was really the pivotal play.”

Peyton marveled at his brother's calm demeanor in the fourth quarter and overtime of the NFC Championship Game.

"Eli is just as calm in the fourth quarter as he is in the first quarter of a preseason game,” Peyton said. “They expect to score. That’s impressive.”

Peyton declined to talk about his neck injury or his future. When asked about the Jets, Peyton replied, "It is Eli's day. Go Giants."

“I told him I loved him,” Peyton said. “I told him I was proud of him.”

“This is Eli’s day," he added. "I was glad I was here to witness it. I look forward to watching him in two weeks.”

Latest posts