Peter King's take on all of this

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
johnny_blood said:
Brett "rolled out of bed" last year and outplayed everyone except Brady.

I don't care if Rodgers and McCarthy are sharing a bunk bed at Lambeau, this argument about offseason prowess isn't going to convince anyone but Aaron's dad.

He didn't roll out of bed last year.
Brett was DRAGGED out of bed wondering if he's gonna play or not...
Wondering if he's gonna have the 'motivation' etc..
and had to be ego stroked and coaxed into it...

AND he had to prepare like crazy w/core training etc...

So he had to bust his *** to keep his SPOT.

He outplayed everyone but Brady???

He outplayed both Mannings? umm...okay..

BRETT hasn't done squat like last year to keep himself in tip top shape.
So while Aaron's been RUNNING THE TEAM...Brett's been loafing around.

All I'm saying is that Brett's gonna have to TAKE the job from Aaron this time around. He's no longer keeping the seat warm.

And just because Brett played well last year doesn't mean he his head and shoulders better this year.

ALSO this "Aaron hasn't played a down yet" is not true. He played
in a regular season game. Phillip Rivers didn't play a DOWN for 2 years
and they still believed he should start.

It's not infallible for the Packers brass to have seen ENOUGH in Aaron to want him be the GUY from now on.

It's Natural. The old lion is not going to give up his spot easily and the young lion is not going to let him have it w/out a fight now.

Also Aaron's Dad's name is ED RODGERS...

not Cal2GreenBay..(my name's Mike)...
and last name's not Rodgers...

One, I didn't know you had a security camera inside the Favre's residence and you know that Favre hasn't done "squat". How do you know he hasn't been working out like any other season?

Two, you honestly believe that Favre wasn't one of the best QB's in the league last year? 4000 yards, 28 TD's? Your reply makes it sound like you don't evne think Favre was that impressive last year.

Three, Rodgers hasn't started a game, relax. "He had to bust his *** to keep his SPOT". HOW do you know that? Based on WHAT? I never read a single thing last year saying that Favre and Rodgers were competing and Rodgers evne had a CHANCE to take the job of Favre.

Your comments are not even supported by links or some kind of source. Your clearly related to Rodgers some how or roomed with him in college or something.

Like some people's comments that they see the potential is Rodgers, etc. Fine, everyone has an opinion. But to talk down to Favre based on no actual support, uncalled for.

I didn't say Brett had a bad season. I just don't buy someone else's notion that the only person that performed better than Favre last year was Tom Brady. Statistically Peyton was up there, and his younger brother BEAT Favre(or some would say Favre beat himself) to the superbowl.

So to say Favre was better than everyone but Brady is what I was questioning. Not that he had a bad season.

Dudes. Brett retired. Even Steve Mariucci on NFL network said Brett's not ever going to get OUT of shape..but he hasn't been training like he did last year.

MAYBE he's starting it now..

But as this article and what's going on suggests. He RETIRED
and now is getting the itch.

Last year he didn't retire and trained like he was returning.
Are you guys saying he's been in training camp shape even though
he retired?

It's neither extremes guys. I didn't say Brett was fat and out of shape, but somehow you guys allude to me saying that.

I'm SAYING..he's not as PREPARED for this season as he did last year
based soley on that he RETIRED.

And if he were to COME BACK..he'd need to catch up or kick up his regiment to prepare.

And while he's been DECIDING..his successor has taken command of the team and has the backing of his coach AND general manager...eventhough certain fans can't claim to do so because "he hasn't played a down".

Glad to see the one's who call the shots in the organization don't base everything on "hasn't played a down" mentality and have a keener eye
than any of us do.

Please don't claim I'm ED Rodgers (Aaron's dad).
Again, for the THOUSANDTH time, go on bearinsider.com and realize
I am one of MANY factoid Cal football alumni.

It's a brainy school fellas. Don't have to be a relative of the player to relay information.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe you wouldnt be called his dad if you stuck your head in some posts that had to do with other parts of the team.

The only time we hear from you is when some one dogs Rodgers out or you want to pat yourself on the back with an article on how good Rodgers is.

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson and McCarthy are in a no-win situation if Brett files his papers and wants to come back.

If they allow Brett to come back:

- Two months of meetings, OTAs, and mini-camps of a team that was gelling under Rodgers on the offensive side of the ball essentially get flushed down the toilet and you quickly have to retool in training camp back to a scheme that suits Brett's strengths. There's a reason McCarthy uses that time to make changes to the playbook, and then you hit the ground running in training camp to perfect it.

- Rodgers gets pushed back to the number 2 position again after being "the guy" for nearly 4 months, and Brohm gets relegated to number 3 because they won't cut a second rounder after one training camp. Flynn is essentially practice squad bound at this point. Favre will also force the Packers to carry 3 QBs into the regular season where it might have been more ideal to just carry Rodgers and Brohm and using Flynn's spot somewhere else where depth is needed like on our potentially banged up defensive line. It also becomes less likely Rodgers may resign with the Packers after 2009. There's no guarantee of this obviously, but I don't see a scenario where it becomes MORE likely since McCarthy and Thompson will essentially have to renig on their statements telling Rodgers he was the starter now and 3+ years of development and learning the offensive system would essentially be gone if he did leave. There's also 16 games of crucial development time Rodgers will not get in 2008 further purshing the "speculation" back as to wether he can lead an NFL team.

- Brett will need time to gel with new players, mainly Jordy Nelson and his new offensive linemen. He'll get that time in training camp, but that's time that could've been well spent in mini-camps had he not "retired" on March 6.

- Does this whole scenario of "Should Brett stay or go?" rear it's ugly head again after the '08 season?

If they either cut or trade Favre:

- TT and MM look like the biggest ********** in the world for getting rid of the greatest QB this franchise has ever known. And if Favre were cut and he would sign with a division rival, look out...

- If Rodgers struggles or gets injured, everyone will just scream all that much louder "why did you let Brett go!?"

One thing is for certain. I do not want to be Ted Thompson this week if Favre forces the Packers hand by filing his unretirement papers. This could get ugly in a hurry if not handled properly, and the decision the front office will have to make will have repurcussions with this franchise for years to come.

I'm not going to lie, but I'm ready for the Aaron Rodgers era to begin. Brett has stated he wanted to retire in March, and the Packers have gone forward without him. I think Cheesy put it best in that you can change your mind, but not everyone may agree with you.

Anything short of a Super Bowl championship under Favre this season would be a complete and utter waste of time in my opinion. Those are critical snaps Rodgers will need to show if he's the one to lead this team, and having to ride the pine for ANOTHER season will do very little in keeping his desire to stay with this franchise after 2009. If Brett comes back, and a rash of injuries occurs again and this team fails to make the playoffs, Rodgers has benefited little from another year of holding a clipboard and the speculation will continue if he's really the guy.

I'm also completely against an open QB competition. You either give Favre as many snaps as possible to get back in-tune with this offense or you give Rodgers the critical training camp snaps he'll need to be ready Week 1. Splitting them does little benefit for either Rodgers development or Favre's ability to get back intune with the offense. This is one instance where "open competition" will benefit neither side. This wouldn't be anything remotely close to Orton vs. Grossman in Chicago.

Either way, I will cheer for the Packers this year, but if Brett comes back and this team falls short of the Super Bowl again, Favre coming back was a complete waste of time in my book.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Who's to say Cheesy is intellegent with his 125 IQ? :shock:
Huh???
I thought my comments made perfect sense.
In reality, what happens with Favre is not in his control anymore. He took away that control when he retired. Now it's up to the Packers mgmt whether or not they let him play here, or send him away.
I'm totally torn on all of this.
The main reason being..........will the entire team rally around Favre if he comes back, or will they shun him because of his waffleing. Not just this off season, but the past 2 also. Yes, he deserved time to decide. And he did decide. Yes, from what we hear through the "grapevine" he has an "itch". But just how serious IS that itch?
None of us really KNOWS the answers to ANY of the questions posed. We just have opinions based totally on the small tidbits we hear. So who really KNOWS what the REAL truth is? Only Favre, and the Packers mgmt.
I'm surely not gonna start a war with my Packer "family" on here, based on nothing more then a bunch of rumors that NONE of us know are even true.
If the Packers welcome Favre back, i will cheer for him. If not, then i will cheer on Rodgers, or whoever is our QB.
All this mess could have been avoided had Favre said he was coming back all along. Even if he felt he wasn't, he could have more easily changed his mind during camp, and it would have been more accepted. Like "The man wanted to play, but realized he couldn't any more". That would have gone over easier, and no one would have got hurt.
Oh well......just my humble opinions.

Pooter!?
Just injecting off balance humor. not too many people have it on this thread. So I thought you could help me out.

Hey, let;s go get one of those ice cream dishes at Curly's!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok I have a deal for you. We will stop accusing you of being Aaron's dad, if you find out more about Allison Stokke (Hot pole vaulter that goes to Cal). You know, maybe find out if she's single, get her phone number, etc..

I'm just kidding........ Maybe.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Selfishness and arrogance, and believe it or not, I'm NOT talking about Ted Thompson.

I've been away from here for a couple of years. In that time away(due to a number of factors including the death of my mother and handling her estate) I've done a 180 on Ted Thompson. I was wrong about Ted and rebuilding the Packers. The real star of Green Bay is Mike McCarthy, who I dissed early and often. So I had it wrong on both guys, and I admit it.

But one guy I had it right is Brett Favre. There was a time when I thought Brett walked on water. I wondered what was going on when he first pulled the "riding my tractor" bit to Peter King years ago. But friends, what we have here is a guy who thinks he is above the rules of others, and is making a complete fool of himself and his "legacy".

In checking all the media today, it is clear Favre will ask to come back, and the Packers have little choice but to bring him back. In my view, on the opening of camp, I would call the team to the middle of the field and hand Aaron Rodgers the football. "Here's your starting QB, and anyone else who thinks they are better prove it". Unless Brett could prove he could out-do Aaron without an off-season workout and practice regime, he would be #2. So he could sit on the bench this season unless he could absolutely prove he still was the better QB. He turns 39 this year. It would solve the problem of 'what happens if Aaron gets hurt?', but this really sucks.
Brett, this sucks. Even a warrior like Bart Starr had to admit it was over.

Grow up, Brett, stop being arrogant and selfish and truly mean it when you say you'd never do anything to hurt the Packers.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Selfishness and arrogance, and believe it or not, I'm NOT talking about Ted Thompson.

I've been away from here for a couple of years. In that time away(due to a number of factors including the death of my mother and handling her estate) I've done a 180 on Ted Thompson. I was wrong about Ted and rebuilding the Packers. The real star of Green Bay is Mike McCarthy, who I dissed early and often. So I had it wrong on both guys, and I admit it.

But one guy I had it right is Brett Favre. There was a time when I thought Brett walked on water. I wondered what was going on when he first pulled the "riding my tractor" bit to Peter King years ago. But friends, what we have here is a guy who thinks he is above the rules of others, and is making a complete fool of himself and his "legacy".

In checking all the media today, it is clear Favre will ask to come back, and the Packers have little choice but to bring him back. In my view, on the opening of camp, I would call the team to the middle of the field and hand Aaron Rodgers the football. "Here's your starting QB, and anyone else who thinks they are better prove it". Unless Brett could prove he could out-do Aaron without an off-season workout and practice regime, he would be #2. So he could sit on the bench this season unless he could absolutely prove he still was the better QB. He turns 39 this year. It would solve the problem of 'what happens if Aaron gets hurt?', but this really sucks.
Brett, this sucks. Even a warrior like Bart Starr had to admit it was over.

Grow up, Brett, stop being arrogant and selfish and truly mean it when you say you'd never do anything to hurt the Packers.

Amen to that. He has not only put the Packers in a very tough position, but he has also manged to split the fan base. Way to go Fav-re.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he SAID he was retiring, the packers prepared for the season without him, & NOW he wants to come back...whether or not favre gives the pack the best chance at success, the man gave his word! if he doesn't stand by what he said to the entire friggin world...i got a problem with that! i don't care WHO he is, get on national tv, announce you're doing one thing & then months later, you decide you changed your mind?? that's just a HUGE credibility issue with me. do i think favre gives a ***** what i or any of the rest of the fans think? sadly, i used to believe that - now? not so much!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think trying to judge the position of TT and the Packers at this time is rediculous quite honestly.

Brett has been talking retirement for three years now and the Packers have had to prepare for that. I think they have done a very good job by building a strong ballclub that is deep with young talent. The last place a team would want to end up would be with an older group of players left behind a retiring superstar. Your talking YEARS to recover now.

Brett made his decision and the organization went into "Plan B" mode. I am not sure exactly what they were supposed to do other than this. Now Plan B has shifted back to possibly Plan A and the Packers are in a little bit of flux as to how to deal with it. GEEZ. Imagine that.

Of course everyone has their theories and opinions and that's all fine but I see no justification for ripping TT and the organization that has retooled this team in three years from the coaching staff to the roster and bringing the team up from the brink, and I mean the essence of the word, DISASTER.

You know we could be sitting around here talking about a team that nosed dived in '05 and never recovered like SO MANY TEAMS out there that went bad and cannot find their way back.

I think people around here are forgetting that it was TT who hired Mike McCarthy who is the coach that turned Brett Favre around in his approach to this game. Does anyone around here really think Favre would have had a year like that if Mike Sherman was still around? Please. He was an interception magnet in Sherman's system.

Of course what happened when Sherman got fired? TT got ripped a new one.
Then, of course, there's always Mike WHO?

What happened when TT made it known his intentions of "building thru the draft?" Of course, TT got ripped for not ""doing enough" for Favre.

Go ahead and rip TT all you want. I BELIEVE that Brett Favre was still around to have the year he had last year AND might very well want another shot this year BECAUSE of Ted THOMPSON'S moves otherwise Mr. Favre would be LONG GONE by now.

Many here don't like that picture now do they? Of course not.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I think Favre is reminding me of Doc's character in Tombstone.. even though gambling for hours on end, drinking and such were the very thing he should have avoided, he can't pry himself away from the table.

Favre is addicted to the game of football, the emotions of the game, the cheer of the fans, the ultimate highs and lows of the game. Even though he gave his word that he was through.. the lure of the game is comming around, and he knows he has a few hands left to play. And just in the case of Docs character in the move.. he will not be pawwed at to leave the table if he has his mind on dealing again.

Two quotes from the movie stand out in this reference..

First.. (Albeit a Wyatt quote)

You tell them I'm coming . . . and Hell's coming with me! You hear?! Hell's coming with me!

or

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Monthly Mandatory Tombstone reference accomplished, my job is done he for the month.. you may proceed now. :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always comes back to Tombstone with you.

I hate people who are obsessed with ONE friggin movie or franchise. I mean, come on.

Pack93z

Reaction score
It always comes back to Tombstone with you.

I hate people who are obsessed with ONE friggin movie or franchise. I mean, come on.

LOL.. yep "it appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Hey.. one more quote to the above reference..

Brett to Ted... (After Ted feels Brett cheated him in this little game of cards.)

"Why Ted does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ted, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it! "

Okay it appears I really have no bounds.. :lol:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tombstone is an awesome movie...much better than the Kevin Costner version "Wyatt Earp" even though I was told that Costner's movie was much more realistic...

Pack93z

Reaction score
I'm also completely against an open QB competition. You either give Favre as many snaps as possible to get back in-tune with this offense or you give Rodgers the critical training camp snaps he'll need to be ready Week 1. Splitting them does little benefit for either Rodgers development or Favre's ability to get back intune with the offense. This is one instance where "open competition" will benefit neither side. This wouldn't be anything remotely close to Orton vs. Grossman in Chicago.

Excellent post.. however I tend to disagree a little here.. while I agree to a point with sharing the time an such, the truth of the matter is I think they won't have a choice at all in the matter. They have retooled the offense through camps, tailored for Rodgers strengths, but it is different from last year.

So both need reps in the sets, both have something to prove and both would feel a certain agnst to start, so through camp and the first couple of weeks of the preseason, I think it would have to be an open competition, then make a decision on a starter early in the preseason, deal with the fallout of either not becomming the starter (cuz I think both would make a public fit out of it) and get ready for the season with the winner of the battle.

Additionally.. if Rodgers beats out Favre in early play, it would minimize the fallout in the fanbase if they at that point decided to trade Favre away.. both sides would come out okay publicly and the Packers would minimize the effectiveness that Favre might have in another offense with limited time to prepare for the season. If it is reversed, Brett beats out Rodgers, then they sell it as either he needs another year of seasoning or he might not be the guy to replace Brett, couldn't beat him out in year 4.. would he ever?

To me.. it might be the best out for a very potential uncomfortable situation.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RainX said:

Excellent post.. however I tend to disagree a little here.. while I agree to a point with sharing the time an such, the truth of the matter is I think they won't have a choice at all in the matter. They have retooled the offense through camps, tailored for Rodgers strengths, but it is different from last year.

So both need reps in the sets, both have something to prove and both would feel a certain agnst to start, so through camp and the first couple of weeks of the preseason, I think it would have to be an open competition, then make a decision on a starter early in the preseason, deal with the fallout of either not becomming the starter (cuz I think both would make a public fit out of it) and get ready for the season with the winner of the battle.

Additionally.. if Rodgers beats out Favre in early play, it would minimize the fallout in the fanbase if they at that point decided to trade Favre away.. both sides would come out okay publicly and the Packers would minimize the effectiveness that Favre might have in another offense with limited time to prepare for the season. If it is reversed, Brett beats out Rodgers, then they sell it as either he needs another year of seasoning or he might not be the guy to replace Brett, couldn't beat him out in year 4.. would he ever?

Aaron Rodgers has to be traded if Brett Favre comes back. how could he ever command this locker room again, if every single person in the locker room knew that Brett could come back at any time and do whatever he wants. Say he does come back and plays a year and then retires again... do you think anyone could get behind Aaron knowing that Favre is probably gonna walk back in at anytime. Aaron and the staff have set this team up to be lead by Rodgers himself, and Aaron loses any credibility in that locker room the first time Brett steps into it again. There is no going back now... It's either Favre or Rodgers. but not both.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you wouldnt be called his dad if you stuck your head in some posts that had to do with other parts of the team.

The only time we hear from you is when some one dogs Rodgers out or you want to pat yourself on the back with an article on how good Rodgers is.

Well most of the posts other than those are about Favre and I got tired
of reading and/or responding to those.

The Matty Flynn, Brian Brohm ones were interesting though.

I've also posted on Ryan Grant! =)

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
Ok I have a deal for you. We will stop accusing you of being Aaron's dad, if you find out more about Allison Stokke (Hot pole vaulter that goes to Cal). You know, maybe find out if she's single, get her phone number, etc..

I'm just kidding........ Maybe.

Oh yes...Allison...nice choice

Pack93z

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers has to be traded if Brett Favre comes back. how could he ever command this locker room again, if every single person in the locker room knew that Brett could come back at any time and do whatever he wants. Say he does come back and plays a year and then retires again... do you think anyone could get behind Aaron knowing that Favre is probably gonna walk back in at anytime. Aaron and the staff have set this team up to be lead by Rodgers himself, and Aaron loses any credibility in that locker room the first time Brett steps into it again. There is no going back now... It's either Favre or Rodgers. but not both.

I think just the opposite here.. if Aaron is back to a backup role, handles it like a man, I think players would have even more respect for Aaron as a leader. Thing is Aaron can't control what Favre does, however Aaron can control his own actions and words.

Being a leader isn't always being the top dog, sometimes it is helping guide a team or organization through a rough time even though you are not calling the shots.

In this case, Rodgers time will come to step on the field and lead his team, whether that is in Green Bay or elsewhere, so even though this might suck personally, he has a job to do and teammates that are counting on him. For a second lets say Brett starts.. Aaron is always just a snap away from taking the starters slot.. Brett has avoided the injury bug for a long time, but even things such as that don't last forever.

Buckle them up Aaron.. either way buckle the helmet up.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:
RainX said:

Correct. If Fav-re comes back, TT had better be damn sure that Brohm would be ready to take the reigns next year should Fav-re decide to retire again. I wouldn't be surprise if Rodgers demanded a trade the second that it was announced.

If I had to choose between Rodgers and Brohm to start for the Pack in 2009, I would chose Rodgers. That is the stickiest part of all of this. The Packers organization has done a good job of preparing for Fav-re's eventual retirement. Fav-re coming back will undo a LOT of those preparations.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I think just the opposite here.. if Aaron is back to a backup role, handles it like a man, I think players would have even more respect for Aaron as a leader. Thing is Aaron can't control what Favre does, however Aaron can control his own actions and words.

Being a leader isn't always being the top dog, sometimes it is helping guide a team or organization through a rough time even though you are not calling the shots.

In this case, Rodgers time will come to step on the field and lead his team, whether that is in Green Bay or elsewhere, so even though this might suck personally, he has a job to do and teammates that are counting on him. For a second lets say Brett starts.. Aaron is always just a snap away from taking the starters slot.. Brett has avoided the injury bug for a long time, but even things such as that don't last forever.

that is definetly the sane and logical way it could play out. but i dont think there is anything sane or logical about this situation at all. too many egos getting bruised, too many promises broken.... I just don't see how it could possibly end that well. but man if this all comes to a head... i really hope everyone takes your sane and logical path.

and really, it was hard enough for Arod to build the support he has now. He was having to replace a legend, and now that legend is undermining his support by saying... If I want to come back and take your job... nobody is stopping me.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I disagree. If Fav-re comes back, I don't think there will be a single person outside of Green Bay who would blame him for demanding a trade. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't ARod's 5 year, $7.7 million contract loaded with escalators for his eventual move into the starting role. http://gnb.scout.com/2/419067.html
He waited patiently as the majority of those escalator deadlines came and went. Now, in 2008, he is at his last chance to make more, and Fav-re could be coming back to kill that too.

Could you think of a more emasculating situation for ARod? If I was his agent, I would already be talking to the Packers about contingency plans.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Brett will need time to gel with new players, mainly Jordy Nelson and his new offensive linemen. He'll get that time in training camp, but that's time that could've been well spent in mini-camps had he not "retired" on March 6.

Several of the points I agree with you, but this one I strongly disagree. We pretty much have the same team as last year, except a few players. I think on O, the only significant addition will be a TE and or course Jordy, but Donald Driver and Gregorious will still be our starting WRs, Donald Lee will still be our starting TE, Ryan Grant and B Jack will be our #1 and #2 RBs, the OL will most likely be the same, maybe shifted around a little, but our starters will be pretty much the same team.

Brett knows them all well and they all know and trust Brett well.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I disagree. If Fav-re comes back, I don't think there will be a single person outside of Green Bay who would blame him for demanding a trade. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't ARod's 5 year, $7.7 million contract loaded with escalators for his eventual move into the starting role. http://gnb.scout.com/2/419067.html
He waited patiently as the majority of those escalator deadlines came and went. Now, in 2008, he is at his last chance to make more, and Fav-re could be coming back to kill that too.

Could you think of a more emasculating situation for ARod? If I was his agent, I would already be talking to the Packers about contingency plans.

Wait so Arod can be larger than the Packers, because he would now have to compete for his starters spot?

Make no mistake, I am not for Favre comming back and being handed the job, but I really don't think that any one player should be that stuck on the idea that they don't have to earn the right to start. That is like CT in the Vikings last year, he handled it the right way, put his nose to the ground and played hard, had a good year and put the Vikes in a very good position with a 1 2 punch at RB.

Now I agree, QB is a different because you don't split reps during the game, but the principle is the same in a sense. You don't have a right to the starts spot because it was handed to you by default or because you have practice for it for three years.

You earn it on the field of play, not by a flip flop decision in the offseason. Which by the way isn't the best of situations, but by all accounts it appears it is a situation that needs to be dealt with, like it or not.

The best thing, with the cards as they are, is for the Packers to have Rodgers and Favre compete for the starting spot, if either balks at being a backup.. you work a trade in the preseason after the starter has earned the right to start, and you move forward. It happens all the time in the sport, why should this be any different.

Ego's don't make a football team, performance and talent do.. I personally would have no issue with the Packers dealing Favre if he lost outright to Rodgers in camp. Or vice versa, if either can't be man enough to accept a backup role for the good of the team, then you cut the line and move on.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arod and all the fans need to put their big boy shoes on because looking outside in the plain truth is no matter how it's served up having Brett back with Rodgers behind him is a better deal for us than Rodgers/Brohm. Period.

I could very easily see a come back, a consecutive game streak end, and, ultimately a SB victory here with both Brett and ARod contributing greatly. It might all sound so horrible and what a terrible dilemma now but I wonder how much of that will go away once #4 is running around on the field.

What a problem. Two guys that can play QB. Hell, 25 teams out there would give their left nut for this problem. Look right at it:

Packers QB dilemma: Favre or Rodgers?

Bears QB dilemma: Rex vs. Kyle

Vikings QB dilemma: TJack vs. Frerotte vs. Booty

MANY teams have QB problems of some nature. Like the guy starting ain't any good for one. I'd rather have ours than that thank you very much.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Arod and all the fans need to put their big boy shoes on because looking outside in the plain truth is no matter how it's served up having Brett back with Rodgers behind him is a better deal for us than Rodgers/Brohm. Period.

Exactly.. having both on the roster makes us a stronger team overall.. regardless who starts.. sounds like a bunch of childern.. I didn't get to start so I should throw a fit.. grow a set, man up and play ball.

Lets coddle them a little more at this point.. rumors have floated around about Rodgers fragile ego before.. maybe they are true. And Favre..for someone that was tired.. he sure brings more attention to himself.

The very thing that I hate about sports is poor sportsmanship, and if either of these guys (Rodgers or Favre) play the pity card.. the amount of respect I had for either gets reduced instantly.

I know, like that is a big deal overall, but in my sons eyes and how he is learning to play sports, it most certainly is.

Members online

Latest posts