Peter King's 2007 quarterback success predictions.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is ranked 14th. 5 below Kitna. THIS CHART IS NOT JUDGING INDIVIDUAL QUARTERBACKS. It is predicting success based on team, situation and last 2 years stats.

LINK

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the article above the rankings, King states that Kitna is gonna throw for 4300 yards again.

Really?! Who's gonna rush to counter the pass for Detroit? Why the Hell is everyone talking about the genius of Mike Martz, but look at what he had in STL. Marshall Faulk, an innovator of the RB position. Last year, when Kitna threw for 4300 yards, Kevin Jones was there.

Kitna may very well explode the first game or two, but I guarantee that teams load up the defensive backfield to stop the Martz attack, and Detroit is unable to run the ball.

King is usually pretty solid, but I couldn't disagree with him more on this one.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitna will throw for 4000 yards but the Lions will finish in 3rd or 4th in the NFC North as always. Though I did like what they did this past Draft.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what anyone writes, no one has a crystal ball into the future.
It is ALL just guessing.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Ahh. I compared this with the list King did four months ago in Feb and was confused. This list is based on stats from the previous two years, not his sole opinion.

Some comments here made me think King rated Favre 14th, but it was actually the stats of the previous two years that placed him there.

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI the lion's will have a runing game this year. instead of whatever dude they can hire off the street as back up we have tatum bell and TJ duckett. Kevin Jones was hurt most of the season. we also have two new starters on the offensive line. you can't watch all those receivers and stop the run. with johnson and williams it will be tough for defenses to cover. Also say what you want about furrey but he was 2nd in receiving last year in the nfl. even if Jones never stays healthy with bell and duckett the lions will be fine. Our offense is going to have a great year......our defense however is a whole other story.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Big3... I have to agree so far on Paper that O looks pretty balanced and potent... whom is going to pitch the rock though?

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitna. he's all we have. and with some help from the offensive line he can throw for 4,000 yards again. hopefully with fewer turnovers this time.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitna is a good QB.

If his team is behind in many games he will throw for a lot of yardage.

The Lions most need linemen on both side of the ball to improve or be replaced by better players.

The Lions will not be last is the division this year. The vikings are working very hard to achieve that.

That Thanksgiving game is their biggest game and they will be up for it.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't this typical of a fan from another team coming here with some negative opinion to stir and agitate?

It looks like he has succeeded...

What do they call people like this?