Peter King, Ranks Favre 10

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Donovan Mcnabb is the most overrated QB to ever play the game.
Hes terrible in big games and has the leadership ability of a blind goldfish.

the mere fact that his own fans would rather have jeff garcia as the qb... AND the fact that the philly team played just as well with garcia if not better than they did with donovan just goes to show you how overrated donovan is.
He has had one of the best multipurpose players ever in westbrook and still gets so much undeserved credit.

The list that matters. accounting for past progress and accomplishments and future promise. (using king's list)

1. Peyton Manning. (may very well be on his way to the best ever)
2. Drew Brees (watch him play. he isnt hyped he really is good)
3. Tom Brady gets the job done 9 out of 10 times.
4. Carson Palmer. (might have landed in a bad situation, but great)

5-7 are all at the same level right now. you definetly wouldnt pass them up and if you were stuck with them for a season... youd be a happy sob.
5. Brett Favre maybe living off legend... but still one of the best arms out
6. Matt Hasselback
7. Marc Bulger

the next 3 still have yet to play enough to warrant any major decisions but the upside is definetly there
8. Vince Young (unbelievable upside with a decent attitude)
9. Chad Pennington
10. Philip Rivers just not great yet... a great RB helps a lot.

the last 15 are all kinda jumbled together... very servicable but i dont think any of these guys are franchise qbs the way the top 5 could be.
11. Donovan McNabb some unique talents, but mostly overrated
12. Tony Romo - i cant believe he is even on this list really.
13. Ben Rothelisberger super bowl winner sure, but come on like he did it
14. Matt Leinart
15. Jay Cutler? this made me wanna puke... how is he the 15th best qb in the league.... ridiculous.

Mike Vick isnt on the list and thats ridiculous. 1000 yard rusher at the QB position.... wether or not you think hes a thug. the kid is a good player... would take vick about 6th on this list... right behind favre.

I do agree with most of your post, except that Vick should be on the list because he gained 1,000 yards rushing. He gaining those yards rushing didn't help him be a better QB and if someone wants to say it did, then my gosh he's TERRIBLE! I think this list is based on QB talents. ie leadership, throwing power, accuracy, and ability to stay alive in the pocket to throw the ball, not to run for yards.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
throwing power and ability to stay alive anywhere on the feild... no one ranks higher than vick in either of those. leadership could use some work obviously but accuracy is not near as bad it seems. he has never had a decent receiver outside crumpler who is marginal at best. add all that to the fact that he is a scrambling qb who runs for 1000 yards and hes a top 10 QB easy.

and i understand people that dont like what heoffers... i guess.

but i think that if you were to strip every team of every player and redid it. Mike Vick gets taken before half of those QBs on the list, just because of the offense he brings.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the mere fact that his own fans would rather have jeff garcia as the qb... AND the fact that the philly team played just as well with garcia if not better than they did with donovan just goes to show you how overrated donovan is.
He has had one of the best multipurpose players ever in westbrook and still gets so much undeserved credit.

The list that matters. accounting for past progress and accomplishments and future promise. (using king's list)

5-7 are all at the same level right now. you definetly wouldnt pass them up and if you were stuck with them for a season... youd be a happy sob.
6. Matt Hasselback
7. Marc Bulger

the next 3 still have yet to play enough to warrant any major decisions but the upside is definetly there
9. Chad Pennington

the last 15 are all kinda jumbled together... very servicable but i dont think any of these guys are franchise qbs the way the top 5 could be.
14. Matt Leinart
15. Jay Cutler? this made me wanna puke... how is he the 15th best qb in the league.... ridiculous.

Mike Vick isnt on the list and thats ridiculous. 1000 yard rusher at the QB position.... wether or not you think hes a thug. the kid is a good player... would take vick about 6th on this list... right behind favre.

I disagree 100%. McNabb has had one good receiver since he has been with Philly, Terrell Owens. As bad as our receiving corps are McNabb had as much to work with as Favre. Difference--McNabb produced good stats, Favre played like he was 54 this past year. Us, as fans of Green Bay need to realize we are not getting the 30 TD 4,000 yard gunslinger back next year, were getting a 37 year old above average veteran.

Now back to McNabb. The question posed was, who are the best QB's in the NFL. NOT how do they produce in the playoffs. Therefore, McNabb is a top 5 QB, because when not injured he is a great QB. Look at the stats.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are you a Packer fan or a Philly fan...???

Favre played like he was 54? That's the most RIDICULOUS post I've ever heard on this forum (and i'm including all of Tromadz'szszz..)

I think Philly had more of a TEAM around McNabb the last few years than Favre has had in Green Bay....

Surely, you can't be serious...

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Therefore, McNabb is a top 5 QB, because when not injured he is a great QB. Look at the stats.
Shucks, you know my weakness!

Donovan McNabb

His low INT is 'great', but that's about it.

Since we're gonna use stats, let's see how each faired :)

McNabb's career
Games 104
Attempts 3,259
Completions 1,898
Comp % 58.2
Yards 22,080
TD's 152
INT's 72
Rating 85.2

For Brett's first 8 years (including Atl)
Games 111
Attempts 3,752
Completions 2,318
Comp % 61.7
Yards 26,803
TD's 213
INT's 118
Rating 89.15

I think that speaks for itself...

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not comparing Favre as an 8 year starter to McNabb, thats ridiculous. I am comparing a 37 year old Favre to a primed McNabb, and in my opinion the comparison is clear. Favre makes bad decisions, too often. He does not have the arm to make those incredible throws anymore. He has lost some of his ability, and he is now nothing more than ordinary on the field. 18 TD's and 18 INT's don't do it for me. No way is he one of the top 5 in the NFL, and I love Favre.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I am not comparing Favre as an 8 year starter to McNabb, thats ridiculous. I am comparing a 37 year old Favre to a primed McNabb, and in my opinion the comparison is clear. Favre makes bad decisions, too often. He does not have the arm to make those incredible throws anymore. He has lost some of his ability, and he is now nothing more than ordinary on the field. 18 TD's and 18 INT's don't do it for me. No way is he one of the top 5 in the NFL, and I love Favre.

Couldn't have anything to do with the fact that the Packers are rebuilding now, could it...with a new coach...inexperienced O-line running 1/2 the playbook, and the only WR threat being Donald Driver again, now could it..???

No...couldn't be that...has to be that FAVRE is to blame...

Alrighty then... :thumbsup:
:roll:

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I am not comparing Favre as an 8 year starter to McNabb, thats ridiculous.

Hey, just putting the stats on the same level. Not sure if its ridiculous either. McNabb played for eight years and those stats are Favre's first eight years.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said McNabb was better than Favre all-time. Thats not true. But right now in 2007, McNabb > Favre. Its my opinion that McNabb is one of the best in the NFL, your not forced to agree with me.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic,

Jay Cutler is at least number 11. He is a Bronco, so that is hard for me to admit but I am still a realist. This kid is better than Bulger, Lienart, Rothlesberger, and Romo.

Brett is not number 5.... but a number 10 at best. (Which is incredible for his age.)

Vince Young is at least a number 5 and will be climbing fast. Faster than you can even imagine.

Raider Pride

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only reason mcnabbs INT's are low is because he doesnt get the ball near anyone. He throws its WAY too hard and over the heads of everyone.

Hes semi-ellusive and has a strong arm. that doesnt put him in the top 5. Forget all the stats. Westbrook deserves at least half of those completions. i mean any qb can have a lot of completetions when the coach throws 3 out of 4 times and 2 out of those 3 times is to a wide open RB in the flats.

All im saying is ... if your drafting a brand new QB im taking brett and vick before McNabb is even thought about.

and Raider id agree hes better than Roth, Romo and Leinart... but he hasnt touched Marc Bulger yet.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
  • 1. Tom Brady.
    2. Drew Brees.
    3. Peyton Manning.
    4. Carson Palmer.
    5. Donovan McNabb.
    6. Brett Favre.
    7. Matt Hasselbeck.
    8. Chad Pennington.
    9. Vince Young.
    10. Philip Rivers.
    11. Tony Romo.
    12. Matt Leinart.
    13. Marc Bulger.
    14. Ben Roethlisberger.
    15. Jay Cutler.

I still think this is an accurate order as I could do within 5mins.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I HATE when people bump up ancient threads!!!
Here i THOUGHT i was reading something new........I would have just started a new thread for this. But thats just me.............

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Here i THOUGHT i was reading something new........I would have just started a new thread for this. But thats just me.............

Someone did start a new thread on this same issue here, thats why I brought it back. I, for one don't want to go through the few minutes of reposting what I did jus a few months ago. :)

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Carson Palmer
5. Brett Favre
6. Donovan McNabb
6. Marc Bulger
6. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Chad Pennington

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Someone did start a new thread on this same issue here, thats why I brought it back. I, for one don't want to go through the few minutes of reposting what I did jus a few months ago. :)
"Copy and paste" would have worked!
It's not really a big deal.......just messed with my mind is all.
(And that can be dangerous!)

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66
Conference MVP

Post subject: Peter King, Ranks Favre 10
Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 07:10 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Marc Bulger.
6. Matt Hasselbeck.
7. Philip Rivers.
8. Donovan McNabb.
9. Tony Romo.

Peter King's an idiot...

Romo sucked at the end of the year...

I wouldn't even put Favre behind Brees...or any of the above mentioned guys here...

C'mon TT...give the guy some weapons....this is a reflection on your skills as a GM...don't embarass us anymore...

Tony romo does suck, the only reason he had any success is that nobody had any film on the guy so he could pick apart any defense, then as we all saw when people got film on him he sucked, hes an average QB at best.
With that said, i would put favre at the top of anylist, because all the miracles hes pulled out and all the magic hes made happen, you can always count on him in the last 2 min, he may throw an interception and blow the game, but with him, you always have a good chance.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony Romo.....Tony f'n Romo........Better than Brett friggin Favre?????

Peter King is a Fat friggin clown....

I guess it was the "intangibles" that put him over :rotflmao:

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony Romo.....Tony f'n Romo........Better than Brett friggin Favre?????

Peter King is a Fat friggin clown....

I guess it was the "intangibles" that put him over :rotflmao:

I love how Romo does in pressure situations.

I wish I could see him against the Packers. I'd bring a box of Kleenex just in case he starts crying again when he bobbles the ball and blows the game.

Brett Favre will be the 9th best in '07 (my prediction, take it with a grain of salt because my crystal ball is currently broken). He's the best all-time among current QBs.

Lynch

Cheesehead
Reaction score

6. Matt Hasselback
7. Marc Bulger

9. Chad Pennington

14. Matt Leinart

[align=left]You´ve right about Vick, he is a very good QB, not best aiming but good power in his throws and a great runner. He´s much better then the most on that list.
And McNabb shouldn´t be on that list at all, perhaps 15 but not higher[/align]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts