Pessimistic view

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:( Just a pessimistic view of the coming season: First T.T. fires a winning head coach; second he hires a coach from an organization that has had problems winning for some seasons now; while having failed to provide the needed players for the last coach. The new Head coach is apparently hiring many old buddies while getting rid of some proven assistant coaches (Bieghtol,etc.). Not too concerned with the loss of Bevel but think getting rid of Duffy a major mistake. It's obviuous that T.T., from the beginning wanted to build a team his way. Not convinced he has the ability. Either way! Next season arrives with the loss of a number of free-agents; Longwell among them and the liklihood of no Favre. A team that has no direction and few NFL status players, (49ers?). My guess is that it will take at least four yrs. to see another major winning season and possibly another long term failure per pre-Lombardi yrs. Hopefully I'm wrong on many counts and this will be another banner yr. for the Pack. but, I'm a pessimist!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup..........who really knows what will happen? It's easy to be pessimistic, being as all of this is an unknown. But to stick with what was, wasn't really working, was it? Yes, the Pack won some games, but when it came to the playoffs, they did NOT do well. So, stay with the way it was, with no real hope of improving, or go for broke and maybe get back to the Super Bowl. They were 4-12 last year, so it's not like they were right on the edge of becoming world champs. I say.....why not try for it? And hopfully Brett will come back for a year or two.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup 4pack! I TRY to look on the bright side........heck, NONE of us knows whats going to happen. Who of us would have though the Pack was going to be that bad last season? I sure didn't! I just hope for another GREAT season!

OP
OP
C

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Yup 4pack! I TRY to look on the bright side........heck, NONE of us knows whats going to happen. Who of us would have though the Pack was going to be that bad last season? I sure didn't! I just hope for another GREAT season!
That's because most Packer fans tend to believe all they hear and little of what they see! I predicted a 6 & 10 season. and everyone chastised me for my lack of faith!!! :) I've been watching Packer football since 1942 now and tend to believe it when I see it and have in the past been fairly accurate in my predictions. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and then you can all cheer my humility!!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
:( Just a pessimistic view of the coming season: First T.T. fires a winning head coach; second he hires a coach from an organization that has had problems winning for some seasons now; while having failed to provide the needed players for the last coach. The new Head coach is apparently hiring many old buddies while getting rid of some proven assistant coaches (Bieghtol,etc.). Not too concerned with the loss of Bevel but think getting rid of Duffy a major mistake. It's obviuous that T.T., from the beginning wanted to build a team his way. Not convinced he has the ability. Either way! Next season arrives with the loss of a number of free-agents; Longwell among them and the liklihood of no Favre. A team that has no direction and few NFL status players, (49ers?). My guess is that it will take at least four yrs. to see another major winning season and possibly another long term failure per pre-Lombardi yrs. Hopefully I'm wrong on many counts and this will be another banner yr. for the Pack. but, I'm a pessimist!

You never can tell, but have faith.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I understand the original poster. In 05 the most games were close and entertaining. Going 4-12 and having a lot of games like the one against the Ravens is a possibility.

Change leads to uncertainty. Usually when you change this many coaches you change the team. Apparently a zone blocking scheme will be use by the offense. Changing how your offensive linemen are employed changes the offensive plays and playbook.

Now there will be a change in players for those who can run the new offense and those who cannot. Can current linemen do it? The University of Minnesota ran it and their Offensive linemen are amongst the top draft picks at their position. Don't be suprised if one is drafted.

With all of the changes the mini-camps will be more important than years past. That also means it is more important for the player to be signed for the mini-camps(except draft picks). Change requires time to get all the players to learn the new system.

Not all of the coaches hired will be successful and some will be fired after the 06 season. The same with players brought in this year.

There is a dismantling going on and rebuilding takes time. I did not think I had to be so drastic a demolition but in the last year of the CBA the packers now have the cap room to absorb a lot of dead cap on former players.

I'm sure many here will be suprise by the players traded/cut/not signed.
This will not be the Packers you have cheered and supported. We will have to see what it will become. The media doesn't know what will come of it but they know destruction. Don't anticipate any cheery forecasts but it will not be as bad as they will predict.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chibiabos said:
:( Just a pessimistic view of the coming season: First T.T. fires a winning head coach

yeah, sherman had all those superbowl rings. Ill give sherman credit, he was a regular season dynamo.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
chibiabos said:
:( Just a pessimistic view of the coming season: First T.T. fires a winning head coach

yeah, sherman had all those superbowl rings. Ill give sherman credit, he was a regular season dynamo.

I would like to modify that statement to 'end of the regular season dynamo' his teams didn't start off too well in the first half of the regular season lol

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chibiabos- From your posting on this topic Quote"That's because most Packer fans tend to believe all they hear and little of what they see!" unquote. Chibiabos are you talking about most fans in part of Wisconsin you live in, are like what you described in your post listed above. Sure aren't many fans in part of the Wisconsin where I live in, which is Green Bay Area just five miles from Lambeau Field. The air waves of Green Bay Sports Talk radio shows were filled with 4 hours a day with critical talk by Packer fans about how bad the Packers played last year , with plenty of" fire everybody over there" talk and Packer's People forum on the editorial Page of Green Bay Press-Gazette was filled with critical Packer fan's letter last year and this year coming from Packer fans from all over the USA and overseas. I would say a few Packer fans may be like you described ,but "most" is a very great exageration by you.and I think your low expectations of everything Packers isi naccurate, but only future will tell us.. Your attitude is your attitude- certanly not mine. We see things differently when we look at Packer situation this year that is what being a Packer fan is all about. You are free to have your opinion whether right or wrong.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
Chibiabos- From your posting on this topic Quote"That's because most Packer fans tend to believe all they hear and little of what they see!" unquote. Chibiabos are you talking about most fans in part of Wisconsin you live in, are like what you described in your post listed above.

Sure aren't many fans in part of the Wisconsin where I live in, which is Green Bay Area just five miles from Lambeau Field. The air waves of Green Bay Sports Talk radio shows were filled with 4 hours a day with critical talk by Packer fans about how bad the Packers played last year , with plenty of" fire everybody over there" talk and Packer's People forum on the editorial Page of Green Bay Press-Gazette was filled with critical Packer fan's letter last year and this year coming from Packer fans from all over the USA and overseas.

I would say a few Packer fans may be like you described ,but "most" is a very great exageration by you.and I think your low expectations of everything Packers isi naccurate, but only future will tell us.. Your attitude is your attitude- certanly not mine. We see things differently when we look at Packer situation this year that is what being a Packer fan is all about. You are free to have your opinion whether right or wrong.

There we go. A little bit easier now :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.......being optimistic or pessimistic is a choice. I choose to be optimistic. I went throughthe 70's and 80's, when they stunk. I always held out hope. If you don't, then why bother watching them? Will they be any better next season? Maybe, maybe not. But i'll be on my couch watching, and cheering them on! (If i'm not dead!) No matter WHO the QB is, WHO the running back is, and so on. As i see it, if they get guys healthy, and a half decent draft, why CAN'T they be on top next year? Other then the Colts this year, is there any GREAT team in the NFL? And who knows where the Colts will be next year? Manning could get hurt, they could lose too many free agents, and so on. So why NOT the Packers???

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i didnt like to see sherman go i didnt like when holgren left but you have to be on the side of the coach you get,and like anything you have to hope they make the right desions,we really wont know untill they are playing just what type of coach he really is.he was not a head coach for the 49ers,i hope he will be a good coach for us,and we also have to hope he has a good rapor with the players that means alot they are the ones who have to play the game the way you want,and if you dont have ther confidence it can mean failure,and you cant give into their demands and i think brett needs to know when he is out there he has a coach who will help in plays which they are saying that he is good at i feel brett will be back.

Reaction score
I like the moves so far. Young coaches with new ideas. and maybe some play calling with balls !!

Brett could have 2 more good years at least in him now.

Heres to a couple of FA signings and a good draft (AJ Hawk would be a good start) and we'll be looking better.

Keep smiling folks

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats it.....none of us can see the future, so why sweat it? It might turn out that this new coach is the shot in the arm the Packers need. Time will tell...........and look how the mighty Colts fared today! 14-2 in the regular season, and sitting at home watching the Super Bowl, just like the other 30 teams will be.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts