1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Personalized jersey for adult male

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by SanDiegoCheese, Oct 18, 2011.

1. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Hey Guys,

My wife wants to buy me a personalized Packers jersey (bless her heart) I'm not too sure how I feel about this. I'm a 30 yr old male and I think I might be a little old for a personalized jersey with a nickname or last name (still not sure) Now, I do wear jerseys on game day I have a Rodgers home and a Sterling Sharpe home that I rotate throughout the season.

What do you guys think, am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

Or, is there an age limit where a guy should no longer wear a personalized jersey?

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    I dont think it is a big deal...I dont have any, but when I see on I dont think bad of the person

• Like Like x 1
  3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    If you really don't want it, ask for the money and spend it on something Packers related that you really want instead.
    Otherwise, I don't think one can ever be too old for this.
    Better yet, offer to get her a personalized jersey as well. Go out in public wearing them to show your love for each other and the Packers at the same time.
    Nothing could be sweeter than that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    according to Jay Z you are too old.

5. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    What a great idea, FF. I was going to go with the "too old" theory until you made that suggestion. I think you should charge for your services....opinion services, that is.

6. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    thanks guys

7. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Jay Z? How so?? Are we really taking advice from a guy with 2 letters as a name?? LOL!!!!

*seriously..how so?!?!

• Like Like x 1
  8. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    Jay is a hipocrite. He wore a Padres jersey in the video for the song Girls, Girls, Girls.

That song was on the Blueprint album (Released in 2001)

He's 41 yrs old 41-10 = 31 yrs old at the time he made the video in which he's wearing a jersey. BOOOOOM!! :p

• Like Like x 1
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,078
    those 2 letters were good enough for Beyonce. BOOM

• Like Like x 1
  10. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    I don' t think there is an age limit on this. Many people wear them who are much older than you. I do, however, think that you might feel uncomfortable and may not wear it except to watch the game at home. You need to talk about this with your wife, and be honest about what you might really like. (Perhaps a share or two of stock?) If she wants a personalized jersey herself, maybe you could get her that for Christmas.

As an aside, my 87-year-old mother asked for a Packer shirt about a month ago. I had worn one on a visit home this summer (I went back for the Shareholders' meeting:)), and she liked it so much she asked me to find one for her. She has worn it several times, and a bunch of the other elderly ladies in her apartment complex discussed trying to find them so they could all have one and wear them on the days of Packer games! Packer fan-dom has no age limit!

• Like Like x 5
  11. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Just try to be careful with the numbers and you should be fine. Ex. don't do a retired number or #12. Also this is an issue that comes up a lot (elsewhere in the sports world), and if you are willing to wear a jersey, then don't mind the customization. The worse that happens is some stranger dislikes you, but 90% of those strangers will dislike you for the fact that you are a fan of the Packers in general. The rest are some grumpy Packers fans who still aren't over Favre.

12. Packer fan forever

Packer fan forever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +36
    I doubt that there are still any Packer fans who are not over Favre. After the "photo fest" fiasco and his having worn a purple jersey, I know I will never view him the same way. Besides, Rodgers has not only done an outstanding job at QB but at public relations (what a class act!) so I think you would be hard-pressed to find a Packer fan who doesn't recognize that he is the best thing to have happened to the Packers in a good many years.

This team - led by Aaron Rodgers - just brought home the Lombardi trophy. Now they are 9-0 and looking better than ever. What more could we ask for? Wear your jersey with pride!

13. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +185
    Yeah, Packers # 4 with the name STERGER on the back, wouldn't look too good. :D

I get what you mean, I'm going for it. And you right if peeps have a problem it is with the fact I am a Pack fan, not the jersey. :rolleyes:

14. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    I had forgotten I posted in this thread....when I saw your post,.. I was thinking..well whoever he quoted doesnt' know how to spell Jay Z ...cuz thats 4 letters! Turns out it was ME!! :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Er1c

Er1c Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    You're never too old.

16. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Never too old. I am only 37 and I have figured out I really don't care WHAT people think of my wardrobe. Always been meaning to get a Jersey with 'Skarecrow' and the #7 on it.. been my "internet handle" since 1998. And if you are looking at rap musicians for fashion tips... pull up your $@%&# pants!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Can you get fractions put on jerseys?
    How fun would that be with 1/4 on it with the name "Curly" (As in Three Stooges, not Lambeau) on the back!

18. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    It's funny that you mention the gangsta's style of pants wearing.
    Just the other day I was re-watching the underrated comedy movie High School High.
    Check out the guys in the background starting with 5:41 and watch them.
    And if interested, watch the rest of the movie starting with part 1.