Perillo

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this is certainly a huge game coming up. I hope Perillo can continue to respond. That could make up for deficiencies in our w/o s abilities to get open. I don't really know much about him but he held on to the ball well (except once I think) last game. He also seemed to be able to get a little deeper than Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well this is certainly a huge game coming up. I hope Perillo can continue to respond. That could make up for deficiencies in our w/o s abilities to get open. I don't really know much about him but he held on to the ball well (except once I think) last game. He also seemed to be able to get a little deeper than Rodgers.

Perillo is a little bit faster than Rodgers, was able to get open vs. the Lions and it seems Rodgers is looking his way. I'm still not convinced he will constantly be a receiving threat for the TE spot as he lacks speed as well.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perrillo might end up being slightly more than average, but really he's just a guy.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Miles of heart will counter all the negatives ... If the guy has heart, I'll take him over a superior 40 time.... That's just me though. Chumura was "just a guy" until he went to his first Pro Bowl.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This draft should have some good TEs available....question is, do we go after one? Everyone seems to think we should go defensive heavy. I think if there is one year that TT may be more active in free agency, it could be next year.

jaybadger82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perillo is a little bit faster than Rodgers, was able to get open vs. the Lions and it seems Rodgers is looking his way. I'm still not convinced he will constantly be a receiving threat for the TE spot as he lacks speed as well.

I'm convinced we have offensive linemen that are faster and more sudden than Richard Rodgers. If he were a mauling blocker that would be one thing- Instead he's a slow, fairly unathletic TE with good hands. I want a TE that can create separation and I hope we upgrade the position soon.

Last edited:

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers and Khyri Thornton were probably 2 of the most puzzling 3rd round selections in the TT era. It's one thing to swing and miss on a 3rd round pick, but if you're going to take 2 guys who don't really seem to be on anyone's radar at that point, you had better be right. These are high, valuable picks.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Richard Rodgers and Khyri Thornton were probably 2 of the most puzzling 3rd round selections in the TT era. It's one thing to swing and miss on a 3rd round pick, but if you're going to take 2 guys who don't really seem to be on anyone's radar at that point, you had better be right. These are high, valuable picks.
I really think that's the only thing that matters. Whether the player drafted was the best player available. Nick Collins was a puzzling pick as well. Draft day reaches or draft day falls, just get em' right.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perillo doesn't have the look of a prime player to me, but he was productive. That's all that I ever care about. I hope that he succeeds with our team.

D

Deleted member 6794

I can remember several posters including myself being absolutely stunned by those picks told to relax because of Thompson's ability to find steals in the draft like no other GM.

Seems like he was the one being wrong after all.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur, Perillo is just the flavor of the week. This week it will be Janis getting some touches for a change (dont get me wrong I am a huuuge supporter of him) and everyone saying we had this diamond all along. All's im saying it was one week with a few catches.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur, Perillo is just the flavor of the week. This week it will be Janis getting some touches for a change (dont get me wrong I am a huuuge supporter of him) and everyone saying we had this diamond all along. All's im saying it was one week with a few catches.
I'm betting Janis will be wide open a few times today and Rodgers won't throw him the ball.
Back to Perillo.
He may be the flavor of the week but we need him this week.
I like the guy in the midst of a bunch of other so, so, talent.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings flagship station, KFAN, has been compelled for the past twenty years or so to air Packers Preview on Sunday mornings at 8am. It's the only NFL radio show run on a rival's own station... Before the game yesterday, the host was talking about Perillo. He said something to the effect of Perillo looks like the guy who would be wrenching on your car, not an NFL tight end.

Perillo had no catches yesterday. Rodgers had 3 catches for 7 yards. I'm not sure which is worse.

DMANDTM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Perillo had no catches yesterday. Rodgers had 3 catches for 7 yards. I'm not sure which is worse.[/QUOTE]

Vernon Davis had 6 catches for 68 yds and had some nice blocks that I saw while watching the Bears game doing some "scouting" for Thursday's game. I'm still disappointed that the Packers didn't at least look at getting him.

Members online

Latest posts