Perfect Passer

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Rodgers has looked perfect. If receivers didn't drop balls then his completion rate would be near 100 percent. First half he didn't complete 3 passes. 1 spike and 2 dropped passes.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting thing about Rodgers begs the question; who is teaching him to play at this high of a level? Is it self-taught and comfort in the system? Is it the QB coach? Is it MM mentoring and tutoring him with this offense? Is it what he learned NOT TO DO while watching Favre throw into triple coverage?
Make no mistake, right now Aaron Rodgers is the BEST Quarterback in the NFL. It makes it easier him having the personality he does: quiet confident guy. A couple years back when he was getting killed, I kept asking myself, if this guy had a line that could pass block, would he be better? The answer is undoubtably yes. His confidence has gone from a 45 out of 100, to 100 out of 100. That is all the guy needed - confidence, and a line to protect him.
In my opinion, he is going to make Packer fans forget Favre. If they haven't done so already. To me, there is no comparison. Rodgers won't put himself at risk to hurt his team, yet at times rolls the dice. It is a nice combination. Rodgers is not a me player. It is obvious. It doesn't hurt that his head coach isn't a me coach either. I think Rodgers and McCarthy collaborate extremely well, and that relationship has brought about astounding results.
Rodgers is making it look easy. The big question is, where does he go from here? What he has already accomplished is beyond comprehension, are we witnessing the next Montana? It begs the question.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Can't remember which program I was watching but the guy was analyzing Aroge's throwing motion and how smooth and mechanically sound it is. He was showing film of his throwing motion when he first came into the league and now. Rodgers spent one off season completley changing his throwing motion into what it is now. He did this on his own. Now having Big Mac's Quarterback School and having two of the most brilliant coaching minds in the game teaching you how to read defenses most certainly has helped him. But the coolness, the ability to quickly go thru his reads, never throw into traffic and the accuracy of his throws are all Rodgers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to rewind the game when he made an incredible completion between two Vikings defenders.
I don't remember who caught it, but there was very little room for the catch.
Dude can thread a needle from like 20 yards away.
He is not only good but he just keeps on getting better and better.
We have not seen him hit his peak, fortunately.
The best is yet to come.

Members online

Latest posts