Peppers says he's coming back

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I posted elsewhere. I would be in favor of bringing JP back...at the right price of course. What he adds to the Packers in big play ability, depth, leadership, etc. is worth something. While he isn't an every down guy, the Packers learned how and when to play him to get quite a bit out of him. What that value should be priced at, I don't really know and may depend on if they can resign Perry.

When was the last time Peppers missed a game due to injury?

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted elsewhere. I would be in favor of bringing JP back...at the right price of course. What he adds to the Packers in big play ability, depth, leadership, etc. is worth something. While he isn't an every down guy, the Packers learned how and when to play him to get quite a bit out of him. What that value should be priced at, I don't really know and may depend on if they can resign Perry.

When was the last time Peppers missed a game due to injury?

I'd say a million for 1 year. He's the second best olb on the defense behind Perry. But unlike Perry and Matthews he's highly durable. Hasn't missed a game in about 9 yrs!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'd say a million for 1 year. He's the second best olb on the defense behind Perry. But unlike Perry and Matthews he's highly durable. Hasn't missed a game in about 9 yrs!!

He would be a steal at $1M IMO, here I was going to say $2M lol

but yes, durable, knowledgeable and manages to help the Packers win at least one game a season with an impact play.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Think the guy's ego would allow him to play for the league minimum like that?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well he's surely going to cost more than league minimum. That's silly talk. But if Perry gets taken away, I'd like Peppers back as a situational rusher. He can still contribute quite a bit in that role.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he's surely going to cost more than league minimum. That's silly talk. But if Perry gets taken away, I'd like Peppers back as a situational rusher. He can still contribute quite a bit in that role.

The only way Peppers plays for minimum is if he gets to choose where he thinks he has the best shot at a ring. As much as I hate to say it New England comes to mind. New England always comes to mind when thinking ring.

Here is my prediction. Peppers goes to New England for minimum, he plays great and is instrumental in the Patriots winning it all, he decides he is still having fun, he signs somewhere else for several million and BB gets a 4th round comp pick in 2019. We might get a 7th rounder in 2018.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The only way Peppers plays for minimum is if he gets to choose where he thinks he has the best shot at a ring. As much as I hate to say it New England comes to mind. New England always comes to mind when thinking ring.

Here is my prediction. Peppers goes to New England for minimum, he plays great and is instrumental in the Patriots winning it all, he decides he is still having fun, he signs somewhere else for several million and BB gets a 4th round comp pick in 2019. We might get a 7th rounder in 2018.

You would think the team that he's already a part of and coming off a NFCCG appearance would rate high on his list.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You would think the team that he's already a part of and coming off a NFCCG appearance would rate high on his list.

No cause he rode that pony and it didnt work out and he is smart
enough to see all the holes coming up. My money says he goes to Carolina.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's gonna ask for too much money, sadly. I'd love to have him back for one more year.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

On the other hand, he watched, as a part of the Packers' D, Atlanta put up 44 points and then get less than half of that against the Pats. I'd say sschind has a point.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New England is the most realistic in terms of winning a ring.. but he's born and raised in Carolina. Might wanna go home. Tough to call.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to keep Julius Peppers. That's our "old guy". Keep the guy, 3 million tops. It would be great to see him get a ring with the Packers. Quality character, works hard, great locker room presence...a living legend. Perfect situational pass rusher. Matter fact, why not go after a few other older pass rushers along with Peppers, and draft a few young guys. You can never have enough pass rushers. Re-sign Nick Perry. Trade or restructure CM3. Go after DeMacus Ware and Lorenzo Alexander. Create a real rotation.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the free agent part of my prediction was meant as a joke it would not surprise me to see old Julius in a Patriots uniform next year. Of course it wouldn't surprise me if he is somewhere else either. He could stay here as I do think the Packers will be in the running again next year but I just get the feeling TT is done with him. Carolina is a distinct possibility, I didn't know he was born and raised there. I think he is the type of guy who would relish a return to his beginnings as it were. There are probably a half a dozen to 10 teams that he would consider and for the right price I think any one of them would be foolish not to try to fit him in. I don't think he will want a lot of money and for a situational pass rusher I think he will be worth whatever he signs for ( I think the 3 million that was mentioned would be reasonable and a pretty decent value) That said I don't think he will be playing for the minimum and I do think it will be for one more year only. One last hurrah and an attempt to get a ring.

D

Deleted member 6794

While in my opinion it was smart to limit his snap count last season it seemed Peppers didn't like being reduced to a situational pass rusher. It's possible he signs somewhere else where he's promised to get on the field more often.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if you can get Peppers signed for less than 3 million.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd give him a million. I wouldn't be upset if it was 2, though at that point we're alreadypaying for what he was and not what he is. I'd have trouble swallowing 3 million, but if it didn't really affect other decisions, i could live with it i guess if he got us 8 sacks or so at opportune times.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While in my opinion it was smart to limit his snap count last season it seemed Peppers didn't like being reduced to a situational pass rusher. It's possible he signs somewhere else where he's promised to get on the field more often.

With our injury prone olb's he's guaranteed to not be just a "situational" pass rusher. I'm willing to guarantee that he plays a lot if he resigns due to that reason alone.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Why would Peppers play for 1 or 2M after he's played well on a 3 year deal for 26M in GB?

D

Deleted member 6794

Why would Peppers play for 1 or 2M after he's played well on a 3 year deal for 26M in GB?

There's no way Peppers will sign for $2 million per season but he will have to agree to get less than three years ago.

Members online

Latest posts