• No, he retires

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No, he's released

Votes: 11 16.4%

• Total voters

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Per ESPN's Bill Barnwell, "Thompson's cap sheet is pristine, which leaves him without many bad deals to prune. His quickest route to extra cap space would be releasing 36-year-old outside linebacker Julius Peppers, a move that would turn his $10.5 million cap charge into a $2.5 million hit on Green Bay's cap, saving $8 million. Unless Thompson breaks the bank by re-signing starting guards Josh Sitton and T.J. Lang (each in the final year of their respective deals) to mammoth extensions, though, the Packers won't need the cap room that would come with cutting Peppers."

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm in total agreement. Sitton is one of the best guards in the league and deserves to get paid.

Sitton is one of the best guards but the team has to take a close look at his back problems before signing a soon-to-be 31 year old to a lucrative deal.

Sky King

Reaction score
Sitton is one of the best guards but the team has to take a close look at his back problems before signing a soon-to-be 31 year old to a lucrative deal.
Yeah, it kind of resembles the Marco Rivera situation some years back. You hate to lose a player like that because they can be productive well into their 30's just as long as they are able to stay reasonably healthy. But...

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, it's being reported that Peppers does plan on playing next season. Do we keep the veteran who led the team with 10.5 sacks? Or do we cut him and save some dough?

I think we should keep. Peppers is a great presence to have on your team, and he can still make a difference on the field. I'd love for him to have another shot at getting a ring.

What do you guys think/want?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep unless Von Miller is signing here in the offseason, then I'd be ok cutting to make more room :)

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you have to keep him. Heres no guarantee clay moves back out. Neal and Perry are good rotational guys but not strters, and we could lose them. Plus, i still think peppers is a much better edge rusher than matthews. Reality is GB has nobody in line to replace him with right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts