People won't truly appreciate Brett until he's gone

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Brett is gone and we see A-Rod consistently throwing for three yards on third and five, we'll truly appreciate Brett's greatness.

Well, next year, I'm pretty confident that we'll see Brett Favre behind the center for the Green Bay Packers. Sure, he's leaning towards retirement and might even be ready for the announcement, but come offseason, TT will make the right moves and Favre will think of one more ring.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will trade for some unknown 3rd stringer on someone else's team and we'll be just as blessed as the last 15 years. :D

He'll trade a first round draft pick and we'll all think he's out of his mind and flood John Jones office with letters and emails lol.

OP
OP
T

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
When Brett is gone and we see A-Rod consistently throwing for three yards on third and five, we'll truly appreciate Brett's greatness.

Well, next year, I'm pretty confident that we'll see Brett Favre behind the center for the Green Bay Packers. Sure, he's leaning towards retirement and might even be ready for the announcement, but come offseason, TT will make the right moves and Favre will think of one more ring.

Would you be interested in buying this bridge that I have for sale in Brooklyn? I can give it to you for a song.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
TOPackerFan said:

Would you be interested in buying this bridge that I have for sale in Brooklyn? I can give it to you for a song.

Right now I'm teary eyed not because it's new years, but because I truly believe my first sports hero is done. Love ya, Brett and thanks for the memories!!

Reaction score
Right now I'm teary eyed not because it's new years, but because I truly believe my first sports hero is done. Love ya, Brett and thanks for the memories!!

That put's my feelings into words, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Oh what I'd give to see the man play one game live @ Lambeau....

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too Cory. I can't bring myself to take off my Favre jersey.

Gosh it's so sad right now. Sure we will all get over it and move on, but this man started every game for us fans for 15 years straight. He was ALWAYS there every sunday or monday. Even when he would throw 3 ints and 0 tds as long as we were still in the game we always thought he gave us a chance no matter how he had played the rest of the game. I'm thankful for the great memories, the good, AND the bad because GB will never have a guy quite like Brett ever again. There will be other good QBs, possibly even great QBs but Brett is easily one of a kind. We all love ya brett!! Take care of that wonderful family and don't let the grass get too long.

Reaction score
Was it just me or did anyone else experience heavy emotion when Favre was doing his interview?

As soon as I saw his eyes go red, I think my heart stopped and I seriously thought he was going to announce his retirement right then and there......

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Was it just me or did anyone else experience heavy emotion when Favre was doing his interview?

As soon as I saw his eyes go red, I think my heart stopped and I seriously thought he was going to announce his retirement right then and there......

I'm still emotional over it. It's just so sad to think about and realize it's probably over. I mean when I think about him retiring I can't even believe I was almost hoping he would after last season...shame on me.

Reaction score
Cory, I got misty eyed when I thought he was gonna end it there, I honestly couldn't believe this was the same guy who a minute ago looked to still be near the top of his position and beat an elite team....

A part of me still can't believe I watched that, it's the closest we've been to seeing some acknowledgement from Brett that it is almost over, and wow that is a terrible feeling.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know why but something tells me he will be back(i hope that something is true).

their was nothing better than watching the packers with brett favre.

its hard to thinkg about how it will be without him.

btw happy new year and its my first post of 07.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont know why but something tells me he will be back(i hope that something is true).

their was nothing better than watching the packers with brett favre.

its hard to thinkg about how it will be without him.

btw happy new year and its my first post of 07.

I hope your gut feeling is correct, umair. I truly do....because mine is that he's done. I hope to hell that I'm as wrong as ever and to make everyone feel better about that, I frequently am wrong lol.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
TOPackerFan said:

I'm telling ya, Favre's going to be hungry next year. He knows he still has the skills. It's up to TT to deliver the goods. If he does, I could honestly see Favre coming back to a Packer uniform for one more year.

If TT fails to pick up anyone exciting in FA, Favre will retire for good.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Majority of true football fans already appreciate the man. We don't need to see Rodgers flop to appreciate him.

I hope he plays next year and announces that its his last season. I don't know why, I jus think that'd be the best way for him to go out. Kind of like Jerome Bettis, maybe.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Yeah definitly...I was I think my dad was too. After watching that neither one of us really said anything to eachother. Im going to be very emotional the day that he does retire. I get emotional just watchin his MNF game after his dad died. Not to mention it is going to be an emotional day im sure for BRett when he retires.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
Me too Cory. I can't bring myself to take off my Favre jersey.

Gosh it's so sad right now. Sure we will all get over it and move on, but this man started every game for us fans for 15 years straight. He was ALWAYS there every sunday or monday. Even when he would throw 3 ints and 0 tds as long as we were still in the game we always thought he gave us a chance no matter how he had played the rest of the game. I'm thankful for the great memories, the good, AND the bad because GB will never have a guy quite like Brett ever again. There will be other good QBs, possibly even great QBs but Brett is easily one of a kind. We all love ya brett!! Take care of that wonderful family and don't let the grass get too long.

Don't worry..

Ingle Martin is going to break every one of Brett Favre's records and play every game for 20 years...and people will say...

"Who was Brett Favre..?"

Members online

Latest posts