Peace on the boards

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am vowing to end my defense of Mike Sherman on this site. Any future "cheap shots", blaming or sarcastic references will no longer get my ******* in a bunch.

Because of said references, I have found that I am not able to enjoy the retooling of the Packers as much as I should. It seems like we've turned this into a Sherman vs. TT board and I want to enjoy the successes that TT will have. Everytime TT makes a good move it is met with an anti-Sherman thread and vice versa. If TT screws up the Sherman supporters are ready to jump him like vultures. I think this is because of all the defending of Sherman that they had to do.

You guys know how I feel about Sherman and you know that I support TT so far. So let's quit pitting them against each other and enjoy Sherman's past successes (no matter how limited they seem) and look forward to TT's successes. It doesn't have to be one OR the other!!!

Damn, I bet that was a waste of time :cry:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I am vowing to end my defense of Mike Sherman on this site. Any future "cheap shots", blaming or sarcastic references will no longer get my ******* in a bunch.

Because of said references, I have found that I am not able to enjoy the retooling of the Packers as much as I should. It seems like we've turned this into a Sherman vs. TT board and I want to enjoy the successes that TT will have. Everytime TT makes a good move it is met with an anti-Sherman thread and vice versa. If TT screws up the Sherman supporters are ready to jump him like vultures. I think this is because of all the defending of Sherman that they had to do.

You guys know how I feel about Sherman and you know that I support TT so far. So let's quit pitting them against each other and enjoy Sherman's past successes (no matter how limited they seem) and look forward to TT's successes. It doesn't have to be one OR the other!!!

thanks for this post DePack...

people should be able to debate whatever they want to debate, but i think we can all agree that it's a bit much when a "Boerighter Released!" thread, winds up in the trenches of a "Sherman Playoff record" discussion. EVEN THAT wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen over and over again. i think we can all agree that when that argument leaks it's way into every other thread, it starts to hurt the boards.

nobody wants that. right?

Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
DePack said:

thanks for this post DePack...

people should be able to debate whatever they want to debate, but i think we can all agree that it's a bit much when a "Boerighter Released!" thread, winds up in the trenches of a "Sherman Playoff record" discussion. EVEN THAT wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen over and over again. i think we can all agree that when that argument leaks it's way into every other thread, it starts to hurt the boards.

nobody wants that. right?

That was so beautiful..... well said both of you! I'll drink to having more Packer based discussion. :cheers:

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
DePack said:

I'm in tears here buddy! I'll get on the fence with you, but do realize the disappointment I feel from you declining the Tequila challenge?

How long do you suppose the cease fire will last?

Damn, I bet that was a waste of time cry
Well I bonered that one!

I wrote: I'm in tears here buddy! I'll get on the fence with you, but do realize the disappointment I feel from you declining the Tequila challenge?

How long do you suppose the cease fire will last?

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK.

How 'bout we start a thread for the Sherman AND the TT haters?

Ready..??

Start yer hatin'...

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good post, DePack.

I personally don't see what revelence Sherman has on today's Packers anyways. TT is in his second year of his tenure. Regardless of anything Sherman did, or didn't do, it has absolutely no bearing on the Packers of 06 and the future.

TT is the only GM that really concerns me at this point. I am happy to praise him when he does something I agree with, and I will continue to criticize him when I feel he is doing something wrong. I sincerely hope he can learn from the mistakes he has made so far, and return the Pack to the upper tier of the NFL elite.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Well said!!! I liked Sherman and I dont care what anyone says on here about him we all have our own viewpoints. But Sherman did do lots of great things other then "one" bad season and you cant destroy a man because of that. Thats like bashing Favre for "one" bad season, you just cant do it. Both these men IMO our fabulous people.

I do stand behind TT now because we have to and hope for the best.

Damn, I bet that was a waste of time :cry:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me......i never hated any of them. They all have their good AND bad points. Just like all of us!
Heck, there were some things i didn't like about Holmgren when he was here. There were things i liked about him too! Pretty much the same with all the coaches and GM's. They all do good things, and they all mess up. Just being human i guess.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you have an outstanding post DP?
Is this your 1st one? j/k

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Me......i never hated any of them. They all have their good AND bad points. Just like all of us!
Heck, there were some things i didn't like about Holmgren when he was here. There were things i liked about him too! Pretty much the same with all the coaches and GM's. They all do good things, and they all mess up. Just being human i guess.

That's how I feel as well. As a fan I've criticized everyone at one point even Ron Wolf and Holmgrem. Does that mean I hate them? Of course not. You think the guys on PTI and Around the Horn despise everyone they criticize? Geesh, if so I'd hate to see the length of the list.

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
amen, depack. i'm takin bets on how long it'll last but...good post, nonetheless!

I've made it two days so far. Of course I've been at the beach all weekend and I haven't seen anyone rip Sherm yet.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone see Shermans sweater during the Texans\Broncos game?

It was uuuuuuuuuuugly!

(jk, except about the ugly part. It was. Im joking about the making fun of sherman part, hes a cool dude.)

Members online

Latest posts