Paxton Lynch QB 6'7" 244 pounds.....

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4.86 40yd dash? 36" vert? wow.
How many teams would like to jump up to the end of the 1st and swipe a franchise QB from the crap teams salivating at the begining of the 2nd round??? #27 could get us a nice return if we play the cards right....

Pats?

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from Memphis and really like Lynch. My fear is him going to a rival of ours. Many have him going to the Broncos at 30 or whatever they have, so someone could trade up to get ahead of them.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm from Memphis and really like Lynch. My fear is him going to a rival of ours. Many have him going to the Broncos at 30 or whatever they have, so someone could trade up to get ahead of them.
I think his value will go up, until the draft. He is going to be hard to take down. Like big ben. Getting a hand or an arm on him doesnt work...

D

Deleted member 6794

I don´t consider Lynch a first-round talent. He benefited from a high percentage of his throws being either screens or designed rollouts. His accuracy seems to wane when he tries to throw with velocity at the short to intermediate level nd was poor outside of the numbers (49 percent, which was one of the lowest numbers in college football last season).

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t consider Lynch a first-round talent. He benefited from a high percentage of his throws being either screens or designed rollouts. His accuracy seems to wane when he tries to throw with velocity at the short to intermediate level nd was poor outside of the numbers (49 percent, which was one of the lowest numbers in college football last season).
A player of his stature, who is a dual threat would be a perfect prospect to develope behind a veteran. I read he has good accuracy down field on the run. Sort of conflicts with the idea that he is only 49% from outside the numbers... But if i had a choice. I would take accuracy on the run down field, over accuracy on short to intermediate , high velocity throws... Seems the short throws could be fixed with a little coaching. Where as the deep throw accuracy on the run is more of a difficult quality to find in a rookie QB...

The size though. He will be hard to bring down. Plus ability to scramble... He could be special.

If I was a GM looking for a QB. I go after him. Every QB is a project. But this one has inherent advantages to build on... And if i think he is the one, I dont wait and hope he slips to me in the 2nd... Speculating a crumby team picking near the top of the second will be looking at him more than the teams who already have a good QB... Putting myself in the position of a GM needing a QB and wanting this one... I trade up and over pay one perspective. But gain the QB of the future, which is a huge win!

early 2nd and 3rd rounder for #27? It would make for a very lame day 1, and a great day 2 and early day 3 with 3 4th rounders...

D

Deleted member 6794

A player of his stature, who is a dual threat would be a perfect prospect to develope behind a veteran. I read he has good accuracy down field on the run. Sort of conflicts with the idea that he is only 49% from outside the numbers... But if i had a choice. I would take accuracy on the run down field, over accuracy on short to intermediate , high velocity throws... Seems the short throws could be fixed with a little coaching. Where as the deep throw accuracy on the run is more of a difficult quality to find in a rookie QB...

Lynch is extremely inaccurate when he throws the ball to a receiver trying to catch it outside the numbers and is inconsistent when throwing on the run. His ability on deep balls are tough to predict as he only threw three balls travelling more than 40 yards all of last season.

BTW he's not a major running threat either.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, only reason Lynch got his name this past season was that lowly Memphis went into Jordan-Hare Stadium and beat the Auburn Tigers..................when Auburn ended up being a bad team anyway. So in the end, it wasn't that impressive.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, only reason Lynch got his name this past season was that lowly Memphis went into Jordan-Hare Stadium and beat the Auburn Tigers..................when Auburn ended up being a bad team anyway. So in the end, it wasn't that impressive.
They beat Ole Miss, a 10 win team and the only one in the nation who beat the championship Alabama team. That's when he went from being unknown to a first rounder. The talent is there, but the talent around him was not (his first 2 WRs are walk-ons). Teams figured out how to stop them, so his production went down at the end of the season. And their defense was atrocious, so he was never in a good position.

He impressed me, but he's extremely raw(as are all rookies). But he showed incredible improvement last year. He's not a Newton type running threat, but he's got a good burst and extremely quick feet for his size.

I predict if he falls out of the first round, either SF, Philadelphia, or LA will take him. I have a hard time believing NE or Denver Will, because they are so conservative and shrewd.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They beat Ole Miss, a 10 win team and the only one in the nation who beat the championship Alabama team. That's when he went from being unknown to a first rounder. The talent is there, but the talent around him was not (his first 2 WRs are walk-ons). Teams figured out how to stop them, so his production went down at the end of the season. And their defense was atrocious, so he was never in a good position.

He impressed me, but he's extremely raw(as are all rookies). But he showed incredible improvement last year. He's not a Newton type running threat, but he's got a good burst and extremely quick feet for his size.

I predict if he falls out of the first round, either SF, Philadelphia, or LA will take him. I have a hard time believing NE or Denver Will, because they are so conservative and shrewd.
Pats spent (i think ) a 2nd rounder on Mallett, when they thought Brady might need replacing...

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pats spent (i think ) a 2nd rounder on Mallett, when they thought Brady might need replacing...
I believe he was a 3rd rounder. I forgot they had no first round pick, so I wouldn't be surprised if they picked him in the second if he were still around.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe he was a 3rd rounder. I forgot they had no first round pick, so I wouldn't be surprised if they picked him in the second if he were still around.
Im starting to remember being wrong on the round he was drafted in, before...

im also seeing Paxton Lynch popping up in the 1st round of mocks every once in a while... (one at #8 i think???lol)
i would not under estimate the value of a franchise QB to these crappy NFL teams... The "unknown" of Lynch having just come into focus, might just set off a feeding frenzy? Im thinking it will. After all the true 1st round prospects are gone, around 20 or 25. Teams will be looking to make a move to get Lynch...

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im starting to remember being wrong on the round he was drafted in, before...

im also seeing Paxton Lynch popping up in the 1st round of mocks every once in a while... (one at #8 i think???lol)
i would not under estimate the value of a franchise QB to these crappy NFL teams... The "unknown" of Lynch having just come into focus, might just set off a feeding frenzy? Im thinking it will. After all the true 1st round prospects are gone, around 20 or 25. Teams will be looking to make a move to get Lynch...
They did draft Garropolo (?) In the second round, so your point is still valid. Who knows what we'll see. QBs are drafted much too early like EJ Manuel, or some top prospects fall later than anticipated, like Derek Carr and Aaron Rodgers. It would be nice to get a good trade, though we need first round talent on the team.

D

Deleted member 6794

It would be nice to get a good trade, though we need first round talent on the team.

That's pretty important to remember. If there's an inside linebacker or defensive lineman worthy of a first-round pick available at #27 there's no reason for the Packers to trade back as the team is in need of an upgrade at those positions.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a tidbit from nfl.com that falls close to this.
5. Rams move up from No. 43 to 27 (Packers) to select QB Connor Cook

I'll be surprised if a team doesn't move into the late part of the first round to snap up a quarterback. I expect the top three prospects will be gone by the mid-first round, so Cook will be coveted as the fourth-rated passer. The Rams are certainly in the hunt if they don't select Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch, or Carson Wentz in the first; plus, they have two second-round picks, a key bargaining chip. The difference in value between picks 27 and 43 is minimal in this year's draft if you're not looking for a future starting passer, so Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson would gleefully take the 43rd and 45th pick (or maybe even a second- and a third-rounder) in exchange for the 27th selection. Others potentially looking to get ahead of the Chiefs, Cardinals, and Broncos in the late first round include the Cowboys and Bears, as well as the Browns and 49ers if they choose not to pick up Goff, Lynch or Wentz early on.

Follow Chad Reuter on Twitter @chad_reuter

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a tidbit from nfl.com that falls close to this.
5. Rams move up from No. 43 to 27 (Packers) to select QB Connor Cook

I'll be surprised if a team doesn't move into the late part of the first round to snap up a quarterback. I expect the top three prospects will be gone by the mid-first round, so Cook will be coveted as the fourth-rated passer. The Rams are certainly in the hunt if they don't select Jared Goff, Paxton Lynch, or Carson Wentz in the first; plus, they have two second-round picks, a key bargaining chip. The difference in value between picks 27 and 43 is minimal in this year's draft if you're not looking for a future starting passer, so Green Bay general manager Ted Thompson would gleefully take the 43rd and 45th pick (or maybe even a second- and a third-rounder) in exchange for the 27th selection. Others potentially looking to get ahead of the Chiefs, Cardinals, and Broncos in the late first round include the Cowboys and Bears, as well as the Browns and 49ers if they choose not to pick up Goff, Lynch or Wentz early on.

Follow Chad Reuter on Twitter @chad_reuter
Crazy how Greenbay only gets a 2nd and a 3rd... When Gb trades up to snag Clay Mathews, we got #26 and 162. They got #41 #73 and #83. That's two early-mid 3rds.... two 2nds at LEAST!

I think Lynch will be there at #27. But his stock is going up... never know anymore. But if he is there. I bet we get offers for our pick.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crazy how Greenbay only gets a 2nd and a 3rd... When Gb trades up to snag Clay Mathews, we got #26 and 162. They got #41 #73 and #83. That's two early-mid 3rds.... two 2nds at LEAST!

I think Lynch will be there at #27. But his stock is going up... never know anymore. But if he is there. I bet we get offers for our pick.
Lynch will be gone i'm thinking, the writer above was talking about someone coming up for Cook, which I wouldn't think is needed.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed on Cook. But im thinking some of these mock draft writers are throwing together their picks off of paper. Where as real scouts arent as high on Lynch... So in my mind he is still a 2nd rounder who could move up to late 1st from a desperate team reading too far into his potential...

D

Deleted member 6794

Here's a link to the draft trade chart a lot of NFL teams still use. There's no way the Packers would get two second rounders from a team trading up 15 spots.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/draft/draft-trade-chart/

Lynch will be gone i'm thinking, the writer above was talking about someone coming up for Cook, which I wouldn't think is needed.

Agreed on Cook. But im thinking some of these mock draft writers are throwing together their picks off of paper. Where as real scouts arent as high on Lynch... So in my mind he is still a 2nd rounder who could move up to late 1st from a desperate team reading too far into his potential...

Aside of Goff and Wentz no other QB should be drafted in the first round. Most likely teams will reach for potential help at the game's most important position though.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynch has dropped from top ten early this year to 15-31 now. Lynch will be a good qb in this league.
When I started looking at mocks, over half I would say. 2/3 maybe, didn't even have Lynch in the 1st round.... so is his stock going up or down?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts