Patriots do what Packers should have done

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not one of those TT haters and I don't think he is to blame for not signing Vinitieri but today the Pats signed the guy I mentioned when AV signed with the Colts.......Martin Grammatica.

Maybe TT did not get my message, but I like Grammatica alot more than Cundiff. The guy was money for awhile but when he started to struggle TB pulled the plug a little prematurely in my opinion.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah..man..that's a no brainer..

I didn't know he was a FA...

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah but he WAS celebrating. Cundiff has never done that because he has never put one between the uprights

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from espn.com;

Gramatica, 30, has been plagued by injuries the last two years but is said to be healthy again, and the Pats are hopeful he can return to his prior form.
---
seems kinda....risky. riskier than cundiff(if possible). also, you dont even know how much the contract is, but GB should have done it?

this isnt madden. I wish it was.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hahahaha... i liked gramatica. too bad i have to be spiteful and hate him now. that's how it works. TT ****** up any chance for martin and i having a friendship

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
yeah but he WAS celebrating. Cundiff has never done that because he has never put one between the uprights

his career stats for plus 40-Fg's are pretty good someone said.

as well as his kickoff distance

he is also familiar with kicking in bad weather

but ...yeah...ok

Im willing to give him a chance, hes gonna work on his game, and compete with some other kickers to EARN the job. if he can win the job, then good for him.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, The Great Kazoo, Martin Grammatica.

Tro, I know you love TT but to me anyone is better than Cundiff.

An Injury Prone Kicker? C'mon! The guy is not relied upon to tackle RB's or Run Routes. All he has to do is put the Ball between the Yellow Pipes. Something Grammatica knows alot more about than Cundiff. Grammatica has been successful, Cundiff has been a big-time choke artist. You have to believe you can make kicks and to me I can't see where Cundiff could have got that confidence from!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cundiff and gramatica...flip a coin. its not like this is cundiff or akers here..

its ****ing gramatica the *******.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Gramatica is not likely to be any better than Cundiff. He is an aging kicker that had a few amazing seasons followed by utter crap coming off an injury. I would rather take a chance on a younger and hopefully improving Cundiff than an injured declining kicker.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but they GO NUTS! Not walk back to the bench with their tail between their legs while Parcells is waiting to rip him a new one.

C'mon Tro do you disagree just to Disagree

Where did Cundiff get his experience kicking in Bad Weather? Texas Stadium is a Dome/Half Dome. The weather in Dallas is a little Different then GB.

Percentage wise Gramatica is about 76% and Cundiff is 73%

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 percentage points

and cundiff is younger with more upside

i dont disagree to disagree

like i said, its Cundiff and Gramatica, not Cundiff and Akers.

Im done on the subject, ill let others discuss this "great swing and a miss by TT"

later

this should be in NFL news btw.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cunduff played his college ball at some ****** school in iowa. i read that in the article on packers.com. that's what he was talking about.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cundiff played at Drake here in Iowa. Iowa weather can be pretty brutal and according to that article Drake's field was pretty horrible.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
Cundiff played at Drake here in Iowa. Iowa weather can be pretty brutal and according to that article Drake's field was pretty horrible.

Any idea what his percentage was like there SuperRat ? Just Curious !!!

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
College Career

Cundiff finished out his career at Drake owning 15 school and five Pioneer League records, including career marks for points (284), field goals (49-of-79), and PATs (137-of-151). He also ranks 14th on the NCAA I-AA career field goal list connecting on 49 kicks. As a senior, he hit 11-of-17 field goals, including two from 50 yards or more. As a junior, he tallied 100 points as he connected on 20-of-27 field goals including one from 62 yards out, which placed him second in NCAA I-AA annals.

I also just found out that he has the NFL record for field goals in a game with 7 and has the Cowboys record for farthest field goals with a 56 yarder.

I think he is definitley still a work in progress but faced with the lack of any other viable alternatives, he should compete for the job with a couple undrafted rookie kickers.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the Touchbacks. Cundiff has had 5 in his 4 year Career. Grammatica has never had A WHOLE season with less than 5.

Tro, your facts to support TT are just wrong, so it is a good time "to be done with this"

Noone said this was a HUGE mistake but it was a mistake worth noting.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cundiff over Gramatica is not a mistake, and calling Gramatica over Cundiff wouldnt be a mistake either. Its a judgment call. Flip a coin. theyr eboth underachievers, except one is a young man with upside.

stop trying to bait me. it aint happenin.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I just want to know where you got your statements at. I am not trying to bait anyone.

You said he had good distance on Kickoffs when he never had a year with more than 3. Grammatica averaged over 7 a year and had 3 years with over 10

You said he kicked outdoors, and he kicked in a dome. You did not MEAN college.

You can debate me, but to make up stuff to fit your argument, just to disagree is the reason stuff gets overblown.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was refering to the article that talked about him kicking in harsh conditions in college so yes he did mean college. Also his kickoff depth is something like 7th in the league, i can't remember where i saw that and can't find it again for some reason. I think he is a bit less of a risk than Martin because Martin has had a pretty hardcore dropoff in his kicking stats and Cundiff has stayed fairly solid and has more time to improve.