Patriots Caught Cheating .. Again

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW. that's sad. I never would have thought it. not in the NFL. Tom Brady is my hero (being from michigan and all) but now it makes me question the whole teams integrity.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW. that's sad. I never would have thought it. not in the NFL. Tom Brady is my hero (being from michigan and all) but now it makes me question the whole teams integrity.
It goes to the coach if this is in fact happening.
Maybe thats why the Pats have done so well in recent years. Heck, if you know what the other team is going to do before the play starts, it makes it pretty easy to beat them.
What bugs me is this..........if they in fact cheated, and there is proof, maybe they should do more then take away some draft picks or fine them. How about stripping away their wins?
As long as the punishment is what amounts to a slap on the wrist, whats to stop ANY team from cheating? You know.........like the Broncos did the year they beat us. They got to keep the Lombardi trophy, even though they got caught. It SHOULD have been stripped from them and given to say, oh, a team that DID'NT cheat, the PACKERS.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know.........like the Broncos did the year they beat us. They got to keep the Lombardi trophy, even though they got caught. It SHOULD have been stripped from them and given to say, oh, a team that DID'NT cheat, the PACKERS.
What did the Broncos do that year?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
You know.........like the Broncos did the year they beat us. They got to keep the Lombardi trophy, even though they got caught. It SHOULD have been stripped from them and given to say, oh, a team that DID'NT cheat, the PACKERS.
They cheated on the salary cap, so that they could keep Terrel Davis and Elway. They got caught years later, and i believe a million dollar fine. But whats a mill when it buys you a Lombardi trophy?

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:
cheesey said:
They cheated on the salary cap, so that they could keep Terrel Davis and Elway. They got caught years later, and i believe a million dollar fine. But whats a mill when it buys you a Lombardi trophy?

Let it go cheesey...let it go.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
cheesey said:

I know........10 years have gone by. But it just BURNS me that they got away with it. Whats to stop teams from cheating if in the end nothing serious is done about it?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
cheesey said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
cheesey said:

I know........10 years have gone by. But it just BURNS me that they got away with it. Whats to stop teams from cheating if in the end nothing serious is done about it?

Maybe this new commish will make harsher penalites for teams to..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
4thand26 said:
cheesey said:
MidwestFavreFan said:
cheesey said:

Maybe this new commish will make harsher penalites for teams to..
It would be nice. Unfortunatly it's too late for teams that have been cheated in the past.

OP
OP
BearDown!

BearDown!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who knows how long the Patriots have been doing it. I bet they did it more games than in how many they got caught.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One more reason to add onto my 253634643634534256263425627385263423765238572323 reasons why I already hate the Pats.

V

Vikeman

Every nfl team cheats...from draft day to the superbowl. Two nfl players specifically stated this today on Sirius nfl radio. Pats got sloppy and were caught. The same thing happened to the Vikes against the Giants in 2000 with a 41-0 blowout. The Vikes coaching staff even brought it up to the nfl and nothing was ever done. Nfl players take unprescribed painkillers to get through the superbowl...they take steroids to make them stronger and faster...they screw with the opposing teams radio equipment etc. etc. Every team has done it! Nascar drivers cheat, baseball players cheat. Hockey and basketball players cheat...it's the world we live in today. This is not an isolated incident. The Patriots are the dynasty of this decade and nothing should take it away. If they start playing poorly at this point without stealing defensive plays (something are high school football teams did every Friday night by the way) then I would make a big deal about it. But at this point it holds little significance.

There's an old saying which goes..."If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every nfl team cheats...from draft day to the superbowl. Two nfl players specifically stated this today on Sirius nfl radio. Pats got sloppy and were caught. The same thing happened to the Vikes against the Giants in 2000 with a 41-0 blowout. The Vikes coaching staff even brought it up to the nfl and nothing was ever done. Nfl players take unprescribed painkillers to get through the superbowl...they take steroids to make them stronger and faster...they screw with the opposing teams radio equipment etc. etc. Every team has done it! Nascar drivers cheat, baseball players cheat. Hockey and basketball players cheat...it's the world we live in today. This is not an isolated incident. The Patriots are the dynasty of this decade and nothing should take it away. If they start playing poorly at this point without stealing defensive plays (something are high school football teams did every Friday night by the way) then I would make a big deal about it. But at this point it holds little significance.

There's an old saying which goes..."If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

Agreed. I dont believe that this takes anything away from what they have done. Jerry Tarkanian from UNLV said that 9 out of 10 teams cheat, and the other is in last...

OP
OP
BearDown!

BearDown!

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But, just because every team does it, doesn't make it right.

If you cheat in Nascar, you're docked points and you/crew members could be suspended. In baseball, you could be suspended. In NCAA, your records are erased and titles vacated. My coach was caught recruiting players last year and was forced to resign. We were banned from the playoffs for two years, but got it appealed.

You see, you can cheat, but by choosing to cheat you accept all consequences.

V

Vikeman

BearDown! said:

agreed...and the Patriots should be punished accordingly. I don't think anyone suggested they should not be

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearDown! said:

If you cheat in Nascar, you're docked points and you/crew members could be suspended. In baseball, you could be suspended. In NCAA, your records are erased and titles vacated. My coach was caught recruiting players last year and was forced to resign. We were banned from the playoffs for two years, but got it appealed.

You see, you can cheat, but by choosing to cheat you accept all consequences.
Yup..........and i wish the consequences fit the crime. It would STOP the cheaters if they actually had harsh punishments. But as long as it amounts to a slap on the wrist, cheating will continue. Just like every other crime that isn't punished harshly enough.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since the commish made specific references to cheating in the off-season, i'm guessin the punishment is gonna be pretty tough. they're talkin fines &/or loss of draft pick(s).

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO If the Patriots have to pay fines and loose draft picks that is just a slap on the wrist to them. I think the punishment should be so much more, like the team can play this season but the games dont count. What about stripping the title from them the years that they won the trophy? Noone knows how many years they cheated, was it in the years they won the Superbowl? If so they shouldnt be the champs. If they choose to just punish them with draft picks and fines big deal then other organizations will cheat to. The penalty should be so much stiffer then that.

Patriots are cheaters!!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO If the Patriots have to pay fines and loose draft picks that is just a slap on the wrist to them. I think the punishment should be so much more, like the team can play this season but the games dont count. What about stripping the title from them the years that they won the trophy? Noone knows how many years they cheated, was it in the years they won the Superbowl? If so they shouldnt be the champs. If they choose to just punish them with draft picks and fines big deal then other organizations will cheat to. The penalty should be so much stiffer then that.

While taking away the trophys sounds nice, what real proof does anyone have they did it then??? Do they have tape of the SB years showing they did it? If not they cant do that

The NFL sent out letters saying DO NOT TAPE and since NE looks like they did that, harshest thing I can see is , take away their win over the JETS..

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN never fails to amaze. Skip commented that Belichick should receive a 2 game suspension, which I thought was allright. Sean Salisbury goes on to say that is way too harsh of punishment and the whole ordeal has been overblown.

:chalflag: I want to challenge the ruling on the field that Sean Salisbury is not a complete moron.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lol gopack...

Until it is made public what is EXACTLY on that videotape, I dont think anyone should say its no big deal IMO..

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In MHO.all cheating is wrong--no matter who it is or what they have done. And they should be given a pretty harsh disciplinary action. This bit about losing draft picks--to me that is stupid. They should have something much stricter than that. Just MHO

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN never fails to amaze. Skip commented that Belichick should receive a 2 game suspension, which I thought was allright. Sean Salisbury goes on to say that is way too harsh of punishment and the whole ordeal has been overblown.

:chalflag: I want to challenge the ruling on the field that Sean Salisbury is not a complete moron.
I disagree!!!! I think he's an "incomplete" moron!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:

While taking away the trophys sounds nice, what real proof does anyone have they did it then??? Do they have tape of the SB years showing they did it? If not they cant do that

The NFL sent out letters saying DO NOT TAPE and since NE looks like they did that, harshest thing I can see is , take away their win over the JETS..
Thats true..........there is no way to prove they did it then. (Although i sure wouldn't put it past them) You could look at game tapes and see if their little friend is on the sideline. Of course that still wouldn't PROVE anything, but it would let us know that it PROBABLY was happening.

Members online

Latest posts