Patrick Mahomes injures his knee.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Legit question. Are you?

Nope!

But I follow David Chao on Twitter (former Chargers head Dr). Dude is $$$ on injuries.

And even I can tell from that video posted that Mahomes range of motion is significantly less than everybody else out there.

He ain't playing.

Reaction score
If they go into KC and lose to a Mahomeless Chiefs team, that will be pretty embarrassing.
Sounds like a new tribe!

We have no reservation. You Chiefless Mahome. You no likey me treat you like Squaw. Me teach you Smith n Smith n Wesson on Sunday after 3 waning Moon.:whistling:

Phazael

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes would not be the first running QB to have their career shortened by Andy Reid. Dude is in the final year of his rookie deal. He should be smart and sit out at LEAST until after their bye week. They are not going to beat the Evil Empire out for home field, anyhow. The eventual rematch with Darth Belecheat is the only game that really matters on their schedule. No one is going to catch them for the number two seed spot, not with the way the schedule looks. But hey, if they want to RGKnee him riht before the big money contract, its good for everyone else long term, so have at it Andy.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mahomes would not be the first running QB to have their career shortened by Andy Reid. Dude is in the final year of his rookie deal. He should be smart and sit out at LEAST until after their bye week. They are not going to beat the Evil Empire out for home field, anyhow. The eventual rematch with Darth Belecheat is the only game that really matters on their schedule. No one is going to catch them for the number two seed spot, not with the way the schedule looks. But hey, if they want to RGKnee him riht before the big money contract, its good for everyone else long term, so have at it Andy.

Mahomes is a running QB?

He's a mobile QB, much like Rodgers, but he isn't a running QB.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His patella popped out of the groove in his femur. He didn't sprain his MCL, or tear his PCL or ACL and decide to play on it. For all we know, he has a pretty flat patella or shallow groove and it's prone to slipping over anyway with very little negative effects on anything else, it just never showed up until now. If it didn't break anything on the back of the patella or chip a condyle structurally, there is likely nothing more to worry about.

Unless of course they think he got lucky avoiding any of that damage in the first place. In which case he won't be playing this week or next because 1 or 2 weeks won't be enough time for it to heal enough to realistically avoid it happening again from being the patellar tendon being stretched.

Anyway, the integrity of his knee was not compromised like RGIII's was at all. It's not even close to a similar situation. I went and got some stuff off our boat yesterday before it goes in for storage and listened to Tiki and some other T named guy and Tiki was going off about his knee being dislocated and what a mistake it would be to play him and all I could think is, people are really misinterpreting what happened. Sure this injury can be bad, if other stuff happened with it sliding out, but it also could mean very little if nothing did and the anatomy is right.

Reaction score
His patella popped out of the groove in his femur. He didn't sprain his MCL, or tear his PCL or ACL and decide to play on it. For all we know, he has a pretty flat patella or shallow groove and it's prone to slipping over anyway with very little negative effects on anything else, it just never showed up until now. If it didn't break anything on the back of the patella or chip a condyle structurally, there is likely nothing more to worry about.

Unless of course they think he got lucky avoiding any of that damage in the first place. In which case he won't be playing this week or next because 1 or 2 weeks won't be enough time for it to heal enough to realistically avoid it happening again from being the patellar tendon being stretched.

Anyway, the integrity of his knee was not compromised like RGIII's was at all. It's not even close to a similar situation. I went and got some stuff off our boat yesterday before it goes in for storage and listened to Tiki and some other T named guy and Tiki was going off about his knee being dislocated and what a mistake it would be to play him and all I could think is, people are really misinterpreting what happened. Sure this injury can be bad, if other stuff happened with it sliding out, but it also could mean very little if nothing did and the anatomy is right.
I think a big part of the issue is avoiding re injury. With the little bit of reading I’ve done, having a lower graded dislocated kneecap could be a complete recovery (a few weeks minimum was a number I saw tossed around) but there is an increased risk in further injury because of the stress it puts on the supportive tissue.
Nowhere did I read that it was just ok to resume competitive sports the next week. The best case I saw was to rehab it for several weeks before resuming strenuous activities. An NFL QB is definitely strenuous. What that said to me was this. Playing high level sports immediately after a dislocated knee cap was pretty risky. Not that he cant move, but it takes time to strength the supportive tissue etc.. Simply put,
like any injury. One shouldn’t over do it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Let's not be too hasty in crapping nickels here.

Arrowhead has been tough on GB. No win there since 2007. Check out 2011 in particular.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a big part of the issue is avoiding re injury. With the little bit of reading I’ve done, having a lower graded dislocated kneecap could be a complete recovery (a few weeks minimum was a number I saw tossed around) but there is an increased risk in further injury because of the stress it puts on the supportive tissue.
Nowhere did I read that it was just ok to resume competitive sports the next week. The best case I saw was to rehab it for several weeks before resuming strenuous activities. An NFL QB is definitely strenuous. What that said to me was this. Playing high level sports immediately after a dislocated knee cap was pretty risky. Not that he cant move, but it takes time to strength the supportive tissue etc.. Simply put,
like any injury. One shouldn’t over do it.
What I’m saying was in relation to people saying he would be out this week but play next.

Point being if they think he’s going to be “healthy enough” next week, he’s healthy enough this week.

if he’s not, it will be about a 3-4 week injury at minimum. You can’t beat physiology. It appears he avoided anything major in terms of bone fx so it’s just pain and ligament laxity to deal with, 1 week isn’t going to make a difference except in someone’s mind. 3 weeks? Now there’s a change, though I’d say 4-6 would be more realistic if they really wanted to reduce risk of re-injury

D

Deleted member 6794

Mahomes would not be the first running QB to have their career shortened by Andy Reid. Dude is in the final year of his rookie deal.

Mahomes rookie deal runs through the 2020 season and the Chiefs can pick up the fifth year option in '21 on him as well.

Arrowhead has been tough on GB. No win there since 2007. Check out 2011 in particular.

To be fair, the 2011 loss at Arrowhead has been the only game the Packers have played there since '07.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Mahomes rookie deal runs through the 2020 season and the Chiefs can pick up the fifth year option in '21 on him as well.

To be fair, the 2011 loss at Arrowhead has been the only game the Packers have played there since '07.

Fair? I laugh in the face of fair.

Members online

Latest posts