Patrick Mahomes injures his knee.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not going to get too picky about who we meet in the Super Bowl, but I wouldn't mind throwing another L on Belichick and Brady.
If you are talking SB's, we haven't thrown a W or an L on either of them that I am aware of. If my memory is correct, the Packers are something like 2-3 VS BB+TB in regular season meetings.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are talking SB's, we haven't thrown a W or an L on either of them that I am aware of. If my memory is correct, the Packers are something like 2-3 VS BB+TB in regular season meetings.

He didn't say we threw them any of the other ones. BB+TB have lost super bowls so when we beat them we will be throwing them another one.:):)

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I meant another L in that they have 3 L’s over the years in Super Bowls. Can’t take the 6 rings from them, but it would be nice to hand them their 4th L.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks to be dislocated knee. As he pumped.out, they are suspecting no bone or cartilage damage. If no damage then 3 weeks out. If damaged, then 8-9 weeks out. We'll know once MRI results come out.

After us and Vikings, they could be 5-4 in next couple of weeks before getting a break against Titans and Chargers. Let's see how the Raiders fare.

Yikes. I can't imagine how painful a dislocated knee cap would be! This Mahomes kid is gonna be special.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had better not go into Kansas City assuming they will cruise.

That is one of the toughest places in the league to play on the road. And the Chiefs just demolished the Broncos at Mile High without Mahomes for most of the game. The Broncos aren't good, but they aren't a pushover either.

If they go into KC and lose to a Mahomeless Chiefs team, that will be pretty embarrassing.

However, this does open the window wider for a road win next week, which is important for the sake of keeping our lead in this hotly contested division.

Have we ever won there??

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, actually it is kinda, though keep in mind Rodgers was carted off, Mahomes actually walked off.

1987, 2007
Every 2 decades it looks like. First win was 1967 in SB1. We aren't due it looks like until next time. :cry:

I think the football gods may be bucking that trend. Obviously Matt Moore can still make a few throws and they still have Hill and Kelce. But the downgrade is definitely there, at least to the level of what it was from Rodgers to Flynn if not more so.

Only thing that would have me concerned is if Pettine somehow allows Kevin King to be matched up on Hill instead of having Alexander staying on him even when he goes in motion.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Chief's fans may get a taste of what life is like when your All World QB1 goes down for an extended period of time.
Don’t we know how that feels. And even when Mahomes returns, between the ankle injury and now the knee - mobility - a big part of his game, will suffer. We’ve seen this with ARod as well when he hurt his calf. Too bad, I wanted GB to beat KC with Mahomes.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t we know how that feels. And even when Mahomes returns, between the ankle injury and now the knee - mobility - a big part of his game, will suffer. We’ve seen this with ARod as well when he hurt his calf. Too bad, I wanted GB to beat KC with Mahomes.
Well he is apparently already throwing balls in practice today so... We may find out sooner than expected.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they put him in and risk further injury then go ahead...snap into a slim jim!

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, actually it is kinda, though keep in mind Rodgers was carted off, Mahomes actually walked off.
no...rodgers suffered a tibial plateau fracture, and sprained MCL, when his femur and tibia were jammed into each other from a side impact. mahomes had a dislocated knee cap (stretched quadriceps and patella tendons).

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well he is apparently already throwing balls in practice today so... We may find out sooner than expected.
probably not this week but the following game wouldn't surprise me at all. it all depends on how stable that kneecap is. the tendons that keep it in place were stretched so it's loose. with the proper support who knows.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
probably not this week but the following game wouldn't surprise me at all. it all depends on how stable that kneecap is. the tendons that keep it in place were stretched so it's loose. with the proper support who knows.
What has me curious is that he took practice snaps. On a Wednesday at that. Could mean nothing, but I don't see why they would be giving him Wednesday snaps if they weren't at least wanting to give it a go Sunday. We'll see soon enough.

Calvin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has me curious is that he took practice snaps. On a Wednesday at that. Could mean nothing, but I don't see why they would be giving him Wednesday snaps if they weren't at least wanting to give it a go Sunday. We'll see soon enough.

Its nothing but PR, I have a better chance of playing this Sunday.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They aren't going to be appreciably looser or stronger in a week or 2. IF they think it's too loose to play this week, that will likely be the case for 3-4 weeks. If they think it will be ok in 2 weeks, he's likely just fine right now.

The only thing that would keep him out longer is if he damaged a condyle or the backside of the patella. Which I doubt, or he wouldn't be on it now. I would not be surprised to see him this weekend, or not again for a while.

Unless they just don't want him to play against Green Bay for some reason because we're non conference and out of division and figure if they're going to lose one, they can just rest him, but that 1 week isn't going to make much difference.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few comments:
- Most of those dislocations, the immediate pain is insane but the pain afterwards is negligible. That's not always the case but as gbgary pointed out it's more about the stability from the stretched tendons than anything. He's probably more likely to re-suffer the same injury.
- I am perfectly happy with Mahommes' status. To me it just means less practice reps for both QBs, which only helps our defense.

Reaction score
Its cause they think they are going to see us in the super bowl and want to send a message to us with this game. :mad::mad::mad:. We shall see how well that works out for them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Cris Carter seems to think Mahomes will play on Sunday.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Looks like he is moving pretty well too.

Last edited:

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cris Carter seems to think Mahomes will play on Sunday.

Looks like he is moving pretty well too.

Oh cool. Didn't know Cris Carter is a DR.

He ain't playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts