Patrick Dendy still available?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I gotta wonder if they're only saying that because they don't have someone better to step in. I think Blackmon might be better, but not with that cast on.
that cast stopped him from getting an int in the viks game

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Just to clarify: I don't think Dendy should be brought back. I didn't really take that statement from Bertram literally anyway. And the TD against Bush was a great leap and catch by a tall WR. There was nothing he could do about it. However, Bush did let a WR get behind him on the Vike's first possession, which would've been a long TD with a halfway decent throw. He's made good plays, but he's give up quite a few big gains. I think he has struggled and his confidence may be a bit low right now.

Zero: Bush has been great on special teams, but this thread is about his skills as nickel back.

By the way, I think it's great that our defense is playing so well that we are having a discussion about our nickel back. Almost everybody likes all 11 of our defensive starters right now. There are no weak links there, and that is huge.

Bush did get abused at times, but Rice was really the first wideout that he faced this regular season with SPEED on a fast surface. You could see that he was mind full of that speed to.. as others point to in the cushion and the depth of coverage that he played. But again, those are correctable oversights outweighing the overall game that he brings. Remember, this is basically his rookie year in terms of playing defense.

As far as Gates goes, there are probably a handful of CB's in the league that could play Gates and shut him down. Without being able to "touch" him past 5 yards and Gates overall body size, that is a very difficult match up for any of the leagues CB's. If Harris isn't banged up, he would have drawn Gates for the game. More physical and experienced to front Gates..

Bush is struggling at times, but nothing more than expected out of any first year regular player.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dendy gave up the same plays a lot last year. Bush couldn't cover Gates but nobody could. Rice made a great catch as Bush was in the right spot to make a play but Rice made that happen in my opinion. He was poor against the Vikings but Dendy isn't the better player in my opinion.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts