Pass Protection issues

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news today in that Chad Clifton has started practicing again per JSOnline. He participated
in a limited role, but it's a good sign and hopefully he will be back soon.

I'm wondering if they should sit him until the playoffs or maybe have him take a few reps in each game just to get him up to game speed. He's going to be going up against Peppers with the Bears or Suh with the Lions, remember he hasn't played in while.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I’m sure they will have Clifton take some “live snaps” in practice before he gets into a game but he should get some real game snaps as soon as he’s healthy enough to do so IMO. The back injury really hurt. (For me at least) to be confident he’d be ready for the playoffs he should have been getting some game snaps by now. I’m afraid it’s going to be a close call now because, as others have mentioned here, even when he was healthy he’s started the last couple of seasons slow and gained momentum as the seasons worn on.

BTW Kitten, he would face Peppers if he plays but Suh usually lines up against the RG – hopefully Sitton will be ready to take him on. If not, EDS will have to get him ejected again. :D

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
In reply to JackV's post: I think he should get some game snaps for sure. My question is if he is ready for a full game. I'm hoping he has been training to get healthy. My comment on Suh was more of a reflection of how the Packers have been shuffling guards and tackles around Aaron Rodgers as if they were playing musical chairs. They do it in the middle of the game too. If the Lions have any sense, they'd see our O-Line troubles and move Suh around on purpose just to try and trip us up. That is if Suh doesn't trip over his own shoelaces anyway! :D

Members online

Latest posts