Parris Campbell

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brandon and I can dump all our crap in here so we don't ruin other threads.

You're welcome everybody.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did my first fan speak mock today and he was available.
1.1 Montez Sweat edge
1.2 Noah Fant te
2 Andre Dillard ot
3 Paris Campbell wr
4.1 Devin Bush lb
4.2 TJ Hockenson te (not sure how he was still here)
5 Carl Granderson edge

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
1.1 Montez Sweat edge
1.2 Noah Fant te
2 Andre Dillard ot
3 Paris Campbell wr
4.1 Devin Bush lb
5 Carl Granderson edge

I love it but Campbell through Hockenson wont make it to those picks I dont think.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I couldn't be happier for you 2 guys and will always remember the journey you took to arrive here together.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1.1 Montez Sweat edge
1.2 Noah Fant te
2 Andre Dillard ot
3 Paris Campbell wr
4.1 Devin Bush lb
5 Carl Granderson edge
i would rather see Simmons or D White at 12.....sweet is big reach.
at 30 maybe Sweet or Ferguson, or Dillard, Dillard may be moving up and into round one. And i would to see Hockenson before Campbell...Hockenson is all over the place on draft boards...difficult to say right now.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Hockenson hype train has gotten out of control. I'd rather draft a RB early instead of a TE.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Hockenson hype train had gotten out of control. I'd rather draft a RB early instead of a TE.
I agree. If either Mercedes or Lance come back this is not a move I would make unless there are extenuating circumstances. We have too many other needs. Although it wouldn’t hurt rounds 5-7 range if someone slips rounds.
Still waiting for our next Jonathan Franklin, Id love to have another RB good enough to push Aaron Jones for the starting spot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep thrashing away at 4.28 speed with an NFL body and major college production. ;)

I'm not thrashing Campbell, it's you. Keep up.

Btw, I'm not disputing his speed. He's very, very, fast. He's also not going to run a sub 4.3 official time.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm not thrashing Campbell, it's you. Keep up.

Btw, I'm not disputing his speed. He's very, very, fast. He's also not going to run a sub 4.3 official time.

4.28 or maybe 4.32. Oh well. We should all be very very happy and excited that the cards are playing perfectly for us to land him. He will ultimately stir the drink for our offense lined up at the slot position. I could only imagine how excited Rodgers would be with an acquisition like this.

A pick like this is the type of move that just regenerates an entire offense.

Reaction score
Mercedes and Lance are both awful. They need to go away ASAP.
How could you possibly know that? they had a total of 22 receptions (1.4 receptions combined per game!) between the 2 of them. Think about that for a second Jeff Janis had more looks! We were too busy experimenting with a quadrifecta of inexperienced Rooks.
What a complete waste of a smooth $4,000,000+
No wonder why they fired MCCarthy so quickly, talk about a stubborn HC

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was able to watch two games of Campbell tonight. 2018 Washington and 2018 Michigan.

Shout out to Mark Jarvis (find him on Twitter). He has a Google doc with all of the draft eligible players, and film of the players there. Very nice resource.

Campbell is an incredible athlete. Great build, high tier explosion, very good in the open field. Those are his positives.

Against Michigan, Campbell statistically had his best game against a good defense. That's what you want to see. Campbell as a WR primarily lines up in the slot, or far inside in a bunch formation. His most common "route" by far is a little bubble screen that OSU runs a lot. It's their safety valve. Campbell does well here, when he catches the ball. Against Michigan he had two drops on easy catches...one on a slant, one on a bubble screen. OSU does not seem to target Campbell down field. Any talk of him being a deep threat is just false...OSU did not use him like that for a reason. Anyways, Michigan manned up a lot against OSU, so Campbell ran a few crossers which worked quite well bc of his speed. You can tell he's not a natural catcher though. See a lot of double catches and body catches. His one long TD came on a glorified run. A very good play, but context is needed when evaluating him as a WR. Toward the end of the game he did run a good post for a TD. Easily the best route I saw him run in both games.

Washington played more zone than Michigan, which completely took Campbell out of his game. Washington also has an excellent secondary, which hindered Campbell. Again, most of his targets and routes were the little bubble screen. Did have a nice route where he found a soft spot in the zone for a TD.

By quite a bit, Campbell's biggest weakness would be his hands imo. Watching him play, you can tell it doesn't come natural to him. Like I mentioned earlier, even when nobody around him, lots of double catches and body catches. That's why OSU didn't use him downfield that often. His other major weakness would be route running. He's awful at it. Just plain sloppy. I saw outs where he rounded them out too much, no pacing at all, a strong lack of awareness of zone coverage. I saw multiple times where rather than settling in a soft spot, he ran right into a defender. If a CB can press him and get his hands on him, it's game over. Very bad release. He is not a precise player, just relies on his athleticism.

OSU used him in about the same role they used Curtis Samuel, except they had Samuel run the ball more. The coaches there clearly did not view him as a downfield WR. I personally would be surprised if he tested faster than Samuel did, but I expect Campbell to be a sub 4.4 which is obviously blazing.

I think Campbell is a gadget player. You're going to have to use him like a Samuel, like a Cordarelle Patterson. Screens, some runs, return game. I think his route running and lack of situational awareness would drive Rodgers nuts.

With all that said, he is an elite athlete. There's a place for him on his team. Purely because of his athleticism, I think he might slip into the late 2nd. I think he's a 3rd round player based on what I saw on tape. I don't think he's a good fit with Rodgers, therefore not a good fit with the Packers. Any talk of him going 1st round is crazy. I'm being serious when I say I would bet a lot of money that he doesn't touch the first round.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I was able to watch two games of Campbell tonight. 2018 Washington and 2018 Michigan.

Shout out to Mark Jarvis (find him on Twitter). He has a Google doc with all of the draft eligible players, and film of the players there. Very nice resource.

Campbell is an incredible athlete. Great build, high tier explosion, very good in the open field. Those are his positives.

Against Michigan, Campbell statistically had his best game against a good defense. That's what you want to see. Campbell as a WR primarily lines up in the slot, or far inside in a bunch formation. His most common "route" by far is a little bubble screen that OSU runs a lot. It's their safety valve. Campbell does well here, when he catches the ball. Against Michigan he had two drops on easy catches...one on a slant, one on a bubble screen. OSU does not seem to target Campbell down field. Any talk of him being a deep threat is just false...OSU did not use him like that for a reason. Anyways, Michigan manned up a lot against OSU, so Campbell ran a few crossers which worked quite well bc of his speed. You can tell he's not a natural catcher though. See a lot of double catches and body catches. His one long TD came on a glorified run. A very good play, but context is needed when evaluating him as a WR. Toward the end of the game he did run a good post for a TD. Easily the best route I saw him run in both games.

Washington played more zone than Michigan, which completely took Campbell out of his game. Washington also has an excellent secondary, which hindered Campbell. Again, most of his targets and routes were the little bubble screen. Did have a nice route where he found a soft spot in the zone for a TD.

By quite a bit, Campbell's biggest weakness would be his hands imo. Watching him play, you can tell it doesn't come natural to him. Like I mentioned earlier, even when nobody around him, lots of double catches and body catches. That's why OSU didn't use him downfield that often. His other major weakness would be route running. He's awful at it. Just plain sloppy. I saw outs where he rounded them out too much, no pacing at all, a strong lack of awareness of zone coverage. I saw multiple times where rather than settling in a soft spot, he ran right into a defender. If a CB can press him and get his hands on him, it's game over. Very bad release. He is not a precise player, just relies on his athleticism.

OSU used him in about the same role they used Curtis Samuel, except they had Samuel run the ball more. The coaches there clearly did not view him as a downfield WR. I personally would be surprised if he tested faster than Samuel did, but I expect Campbell to be a sub 4.4 which is obviously blazing.

I think Campbell is a gadget player. You're going to have to use him like a Samuel, like a Cordarelle Patterson. Screens, some runs, return game. I think his route running and lack of situational awareness would drive Rodgers nuts.

With all that said, he is an elite athlete. There's a place for him on his team. Purely because of his athleticism, I think he might slip into the late 2nd. I think he's a 3rd round player based on what I saw on tape. I don't think he's a good fit with Rodgers, therefore not a good fit with the Packers. Any talk of him going 1st round is crazy. I'm being serious when I say I would bet a lot of money that he doesn't touch the first round.

Well there must be a lot of crazy people because many many peeps have him going in 1st. I dont care if he isn't a natural catcher of the ball. Tyreek Hill isn't a natural catcher of the ball. Percy Harvin was a way less "natural catcher of the ball". The bottom line is Campbell does catch the ball. Here is his 2017 catch rating. His 2018 is supposed to be even better.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/foru...e-784-is-excellent-would-rank-15th-in-the-nfl

Plus, I didnt know they gave extra points for catching the ball a certain way. Stupid. Campbell has the big time speed and acceleration that you simply can't teach. If Tyreek Hill can stretch the defense from the slot then so can Campbell. Just because Ohio State didnt ask him to do it often doesn't mean he can't. They had four NFL receivers on the field so they used Campbell the best way they could and were very smart about it.

Everytime your "wrong" about a receiver your reach for straws in the name of route running. It's like a knee jerk reaction for you. Campbell's game is simple and it's called "Blow By U" and he will be able to do it the NFL. It's crazy to me that you would actually think Rodgers would go nuts and hate a receiver he could throw a 5 yard pass to and he can take it the house on any play. Seems to me that would take a lot of pressure off Rodgers if anything.

Quite treating world class speed and acceleration like its terminal cancer.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Are you just finding random mocks that have us taking Campbell? Have you ever heard of confirmation bias?

Oh. Little hint. At least use a mock that has us picking in the right spot...we have the 30th pick, not the 32nd.
Are you just finding random mocks that have us taking Campbell? Have you ever heard of confirmation bias?

Oh. Little hint. At least use a mock that has us picking in the right spot...we have the 30th pick, not the 32nd.

There were so many to choose from I didnt have the time.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Randall Cobb is slow, old, injury prone and doesnt catch ball all that great and we payed him over 10 million dollars last year. :eek:

Latest posts