Parris Campbell

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And this is basically why I'm in the murky middle on Campbell. The FO will have access to resources, like the OSU staff and pro day visits, that will help them make a better projection of what Campbell is capable of at the next level. I don't have any of that information, so I'm just kind of ambivalent and generally am saying that teams need to exercise caution when making this big of a projection.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
So was J'Mon Moore.

Moore is another good example of a talented player who required tons of projection. His route tree was extremely simplistic at Missouri. He won almost purely based on athleticism. He did a ton of damage on simple comeback routes; he only worked one side of the field, and outside of the numbers.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't wamt a
Moore is another good example of a talented player who required tons of projection. His route tree was extremely simplistic at Missouri. He won almost purely based on athleticism. He did a ton of damage on simple comeback routes; he only worked one side of the field, and outside of the numbers.

Moore dropped cause he ran 4.6 which shows all over the field.

ANOTHER WASTED PICK!

I'm talking about a player that runs 4.3

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Moore dropped cause he ran 4.6 which shows all over the field.

ANOTHER WASTED PICK!

I'm talking about a player that runs 4.3

Moore basically went in the range he was projected to go. He was projected for the middle rounds because he was a great athlete who didn't really know how to play the receiver position. Athleticism is more than a forty time. His agility scores were exceptional and he jumped 38".

We still don't know what he will be in the NFL. His hands prevented him from demonstrating his potential.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. Moore's problem hasn't been getting open. He does that well. It's been catching the damn ball.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't mind Campbell. I think he's a solid 2nd round WR. I even think he's a viable option at 30. Definitely not at 12.

He's relatively safe in that he is a weapon because of his speed. I don't really think he's a natural WR, and he is very much a projection in a lot of regards. It does sound like he's a high character kid and a hard worker. I'd be more than fine with him in GB with LaFleur, but with MM he wouldn't have worked. Where he goes will determine how good he is.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't mind Campbell. I think he's a solid 2nd round WR. I even think he's a viable option at 30. Definitely not at 12.

He's relatively safe in that he is a weapon because of his speed. I don't really think he's a natural WR, and he is very much a projection in a lot of regards. It does sound like he's a high character kid and a hard worker. I'd be more than fine with him in GB with LaFleur, but with MM he wouldn't have worked. Where he goes will determine how good he is.

Which brings me back to getting OVER DRAFTED DUE TO ELITE SPEED and the Packers should not shy away. I have not been talking about drafting him at 12.

If he is there at 30 the Packers should surely add him because sitting on him at #44 might be getting too cute with it if he is a guy they are targeting.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which brings me back to getting OVER DRAFTED DUE TO ELITE SPEED and the Packers should not shy away. I have not been talking about drafting him at 12.

If he is there at 30 the Packers should surely add him because sitting on him at #44 might be getting too cute with it if he is a guy they are targeting.

You said earlier that you would have no problem drafting him at 12. Pretty sure I saw you say that a day or two ago.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You said earlier that you would have no problem drafting him at 12. Pretty sure I saw you say that a day or two ago.

I certainly wouldn't complain If they did. However, if that were the move I would suspect a trade back from 12 and getting him then.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Campbell had college tape of running ALL THE ROUTES he would be a top 10 pick. However, If the Packer coaching staff gets a green light from the OSU coaching staff regarding his ability to run MORE ROUTES and have the ability to do what he doesn't have on tape he then should be the no.1 receiver on the Packers Board.

While the Packers coaches should definitely talk to the Ohio State staff if they're interested in Campbell they should make their own evaluation and not rely on the Buckeyes' giving them the green light.

FWIW there are evaluators out there not agreeing with you about Campbell at all:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-top-15-wide-receivers-for-2019-nfl-draft

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While the Packers coaches should definitely talk to the Ohio State staff if they're interested in Campbell they should make their own evaluation and not rely on the Buckeyes' giving them the green light.

FWIW there are evaluators out there not agreeing with you about Campbell at all:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-top-15-wide-receivers-for-2019-nfl-draft

Isabella at #4 is awful.

PFF's weakest link is definitely college evals. Like how they said Josh Jackson was good at press coverage, when he is quite clearly not.

;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

Just looking through that top 25, I'm not seeing many (any?) guys that they were way above consensus on that hit it big as rookies.

They were correct about grading Derwin James (who I was advocating for the Packers to select at #14) significantly higher than he was drafted. Most likely that results in me thinking they actually had a better record than I thought.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
For lack of a better place to post this....

and we thought our "Packer Forum Draft Room" was dysfunctional! WTF is going on with the Raiders?

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
They were correct about grading Derwin James (who I was advocating for the Packers to select at #14) significantly higher than he was drafted. Most likely that results in me thinking they actually had a better record than I thought.

Right, but most everyone who covers the draft had Derwin way higher than where he went.

D

Deleted member 6794

Right, but most everyone who covers the draft had Derwin way higher than where he went.

I don't think PFF is any better or worse than most experts covering the draft, I just like their numbers based approach to it.

I can't remember anyone mentioning Darius Leonard as a potential rookie of the year before the 2018 draft, that would have been impressive.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
In less than a week it won't matter and Paris Campbell will be nothing but a fart in the wind on another team. ;)

Maybe.

Or Maybe we draft Campbell becoming the the piece that was missing and helps us win a Super Bowl and this becomes the THREAD OF ALL THREADS.

Let's not get sidetracked here.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For lack of a better place to post this....

and we thought our "Packer Forum Draft Room" was dysfunctional! WTF is going on with the Raiders?

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

Did you ever think Raider fans would long for the days when Al Davis was running the draft?

As far as Campbell goes, he seems to have lost his post combine buzz, at least in the minds of fans. Maybe back to where he always was, a mid 2nd round to late 3rd prospect. What hurts him is there are a bunch of WRs who will be as or nearly as productive.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Did you ever think Raider fans would long for the days when Al Davis was running the draft?

As far as Campbell goes, he seems to have lost his post combine buzz, at least in the minds of fans. Maybe back to where he always was, a mid 2nd round to late 3rd prospect. What hurts him is there are a bunch of WRs who will be as or nearly as productive.

You and others are sadly MISTAKEN. Can't wait to get the JERSEY.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is gambling prohibited? Since it's Draft Week anyone wanna place bets on:

A. Campbell not going in the 1st
B. Packers not drafting him

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't want to resurrect the Red X discussion, but too curious about how one can disagree with a question.

Members online

Latest posts