Parris Campbell

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Brown's 166 lbs basically has no comparison of NFL success. He's a huge big play threat on tape but he had a lot of time to get his weight up for the combine and he either didn't or couldn't.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brown's 166 lbs basically has no comparison of NFL success. He's a huge big play threat on tape but he had a lot of time to get his weight up for the combine and he either didn't or couldn't.

He did have the Lisfranc injury which could have impacted ability to gain weight?

Speaking of...considering his size and his game (speed) his Lisfranc injury pretty much takes him out of the game for me. That's an injury that seems to see a lot of recurrences.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ross only caught 36.2% of his targets last season which is absolutely terrible. With his base salaries of $5 million over the next two seasons being fully guaranteed the Packers should pass on him.

In addition I would prefer the team to sign a veteran slot receiver over Brown.

Can brown not play in the slot

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jace Sternberger TE will be a wonderful get in 3rd round range.

No reason to jump off the reservation for a TE early with 3 signed.

He could be good early but I think there's a far better chance that Hockenson is the better immediate player. Now who knows it took 3rd round pick Finley 3 seasons before he developed and broke out

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
He could be good early but I think there's a far better chance that Hockenson is the better immediate player. Now who knows it took 3rd round pick Finley 3 seasons before he developed and broke out

Hockenson is being way overvalued though. I have him going to Seattle at 21 as he fits more what they do and they really need a TE.

When you look at Hockenson's strength and speed he probably shouldn't even be drafted in the 1st round though.

Its all a moot point though as with having 3 TE's signed and major holes at other spots on the offensive side Hockenson would be a HUGE REACH.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Hockenson is being way overvalued though. I have him going to Seattle at 21 as he fits more what they do and they really need a TE.

When you look at Hockenson's strength and speed he probably shouldn't even be drafted in the 1st round though.

Its all a moot point though as with having 3 TE's signed and major holes at other spots on the offensive side Hockenson would be a HUGE REACH and makes ZERO SENSE unless he drops significantly into day 2.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Why Sternberger?

He's a below average athlete. I thought you cared about those things??

Sternberger projects to me as a good receiving TE in the NFL. Very smooth route runner with good hands.

Notice I said DAY 2 OR 3RD ROUND where you draft less then elite talent at the TE position. I never said anything about taking Sterberger in the 1st round or pick 12 for that matter which is where I've seen suggested we pick Hockenson at.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sternberger projects to me as a good receiving TE in the NFL. Very smooth route runner with good hands.

Notice I said DAY 2 OR 3RD ROUND where you draft less then elite talent at the TE position. I never said anything about taking Sterberger in the 1st round or pick 12 for that matter which is where I've seen suggested we pick Hockenson at.

Oh. So he projects to be a good receiving TE, despite below-average athleticism because of his film?

Well buddy! Have I got a player for you! He has even better film, AND he's a better athlete than 80% of NFL TE's. His name is TJ Hockenson. You should check him out.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Oh. So he projects to be a good receiving TE, despite below-average athleticism because of his film?

Well buddy! Have I got a player for you! He has even better film, AND he's a better athlete than 80% of NFL TE's. His name is TJ Hockenson. You should check him out.

I stand by taking Sternberger in round 3 over Hockenson at no.12. If Hockenson makes it to the 3rd round then the Packers should consider him too.

And for the last time based on the Packers needs with current roster and the commitment made to win now through free agency TE is the last position to be REACHING EARLY on.

But you and the others can live your little HOCKENSON FANTASY for a little bit longer I suppose.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand by taking Sternberger in round 3 over Hockenson at no.12. If Hockenson makes it to the 3rd round then the Packers should consider him too.

And for the last time based on the Packers needs with current roster and the commitment made to win now through free agency TE is the last position to be REACHING EARLY on.

But you and the others can live your little HOCKENSON FANTASY for a little bit longer I suppose.

I've never said the Packers will take Hock. I'd be fine if they did, because he's very, very good.

I did guarantee he would go before Campbell, and I will be right on that. You'll just have to enjoy when that becomes reality.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I've never said the Packers will take Hock. I'd be fine if they did, because he's very, very good.

I did guarantee he would go before Campbell, and I will be right on that. You'll just have to enjoy when that becomes reality.

I think it's great actually. If some team wants to reach for a guy with limited straight line speed and strength concerns early that is great for us.

Hockenson needs to go to a place like Seattle

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We mighr have to take Campbell higher then 30. Everyone is starting to figure out how good he will be.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We mighr have to take Campbell higher then 30. Everyone is starting to figure out how good he will be.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I would gladly let somebody take a player that didn't catch the ball beyond 5 yards in the air in the first round.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I would gladly let somebody take a player that didn't catch the ball beyond 5 yards in the air in the first round.

Of course someone would that LACKS THE ABILITY TO PROJECT A PLAYER.

I would gladly give up a 1st to have the fastest most explosive player on the field, Makes a ton of sense to me over a throwback slow TE.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course someone would that LACKS THE ABILITY TO PROJECT A PLAYER.

I would gladly give up a 1st to have the fastest most explosive player on the field, Makes a ton of sense to me over a throwback slow TE.

Right. The deep threat that has never been a deep threat in his life.

Lemme know how that works out for ya.

Btw...that Calvin Ridley guy you said wouldn't make it in the NFL cause he's small and not explosive, led the rookie WR class in receptions, yards, and TD's. Charles Harris, who you said would be a pass-rushing star, has 3 sacks in two years. I could find more if I wanted, because it's quite easy. So maybe you shouldn't talk quite so much about your ability to project a player, yeah? Your track record isn't great.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Right. The deep threat that has never been a deep threat in his life.

Lemme know how that works out for ya.

Btw...that Calvin Ridley guy you said wouldn't make it in the NFL cause he's small and not explosive, led the rookie WR class in receptions, yards, and TD's. Charles Harris, who you said would be a pass-rushing star, has 3 sacks in two years. I could find more if I wanted, because it's quite easy. So maybe you shouldn't talk quite so much about your ability to project a player, yeah? Your track record isn't great.

Seriously? Ridley is never gonna be a No.1 so RELAX. I wouldn't feel any better having Ridley right now. Now Courtland Sutton will be a no.1 very soon and played extremely well considering his QB situation. Sutton would be a true no.2 heading into this season with Adams. We would be in much better shape.

Then Joe Mixon the other guy I really wanted and advocated for would have us real real real solid at RB right now.

Add Parris Campbell to that and you have a SUPER BOWL OFFENSE.

So quite PEDDLING FICTION!

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? Ridley is never gonna be a No.1 so RELAX. I wouldn't feel any better having Ridley right now. Now Courtland Sutton will be a no.1 very soon and played extremely well considering his QB situation. Sutton would be a true no.2 heading into this season with Adams. We would be in much better shape.

Then Joe Mixon the other guy I really wanted and advocated for would have us real real real solid at RB right now.

Add Parris Campbell to that and you have a SUPER BOWL OFFENSE.

So quite PEDDLING FICTION!

Nothing I said was a lie. Do you know what fiction is?

If you'd like to deny something I said, then by all means, go ahead.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Nothing I said was a lie. Do you know what fiction is?

If you'd like to deny something I said, then by all means, go ahead.

"FICTION" is discussed over in the Dante mock draft thread.

This one is on point. Let's please keep it that way. ;)

Members online

Latest posts