Parcells RETIRES from Big D...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Would like to see him in Big GB...

(Won't happen though..unless TT and MM tank and a new broom sweeps clean in a few years, you never know...anything could happen....but I doubt it!)

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Parcells calls it quits

Seen this one first.

This is good news for Cowboy fans who admire Terrell Owens.

Really? I thought that TO would follow the Tuna, whether in or out. Not by his choice, of course. I bet he gets cut and goes to the Raiders to join Mike Vick.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Parcells calls it quits

holy wow - this sucks. the tuna's a great coach - too bad he got stuck with the 'boys.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Parcells calls it quits

Now the big question is if Dallas mangement comes hunting in GB for a new head coach. I know it's not likely, but the candidates have really been taken quickly.

Wait...Ron Rivera. Yes, goodbye Soldier Field; hello, Big D! It'd be nice to see the Bears lose some staff members.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think he'd do alot better than that....

(You think McCarthy's better...??)

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it'll be a permanent "retirement". Didn't he "retire" like twice before? I know he's getting up there in age, but I think he's still a good coach. He just got stuck in a bad situation in Dallas.

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't think so there..Cheez..

He took a team that was horrible and woefully inadequate with terrible QB's (remember the QB carousel in Dallas?) and has them poised now for a SB run. This Dallas team should have been 12-4 but underachieved this year. Plus, they should have won that playoff game in Seattle, but **** mishandled the snap for the FG. Then they would have gone on to beat the Bears..oh well...

Part of that was from inserting a rookie QB in the middle of the year, and part of that was because of TO....

If he stayed another year, I wouldn't be surprised if they were in the SB next year!

The reason he left, i think, is that ******* Jerry Jones got impatient....and he's an Al Davis type who likes to put his finger in the pie....

He's gonna take this team and make it a **** pie.....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lemme see here...compare a first-ballot HOF coach's credentials to a first year guy. Nice analogy.....very even handed.

That's like saying back in 1991 or 1992 that that "drunk, fat and stupid QB in GB is no Joe Montana." Hmmm...history is a funny thing in that the totality of one's body of work is usually the measure!

By any account, MM got a WHOLE lot more out of this team than most expected. His offense was limited by design to bring along young players and still, he guides us to an 8-8 season.

Nice start to a HC career if you ask me!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
The reason he left, i think, is that ******* Jerry Jones got impatient....and he's an Al Davis type who likes to put his finger in the pie....

He's gonna take this team and make it a **** pie.....

Bill left for what I think is one or all of these reasons..

#1 tired of the TO issues
#2 Just burnt out
#3 Wants to go and coach or be a gm for another team..and "retiring" for one year gets him out of his Dallas contract

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, as someone who was watched Parcells for his entire HC career, he just seems to lack the fire, for lack of a better term, that he has displayed throughout his career. The pressure and time requirements of the modern game make this a young man's profession...and it ages them fast!

And yes, as mentioned previously, his post game comments are a huge loss from an entertainment standpoint!

OP
OP
P@ck66

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gee Digs..

That's like saying back in 1991 or 1992 that that "drunk, fat and stupid QB in GB is no Joe Montana."

Got some issues with Favre there, don't ya..??

And yes, as mentioned previously, his post game comments are a huge loss from an entertainment standpoint!

That's because he's from Jersey digs..all us Jersey guys are like that..don't you know..

Members online

Latest posts