Panthers release LB Morgan and LG Wahle

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
PackOne said:
PackOne said:
Wahle going to be a Seahawk soon.
I wonder how much money he's getting?

Associated Press reports Seattle Seahawks OG Mike Wahle signed a five-year contract with the team.

Exact financial terms were not disclosed, but it is believed he will earn approximately $3 million in base salary and many more millions in signing bonus.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wahle definitely wouldn't want any part of Thompson's 'incentive based, no signing bonus' contracts. A lot of veterans on their last legs won't. Which is fine. It's not just fine, it's awesome.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wahle definitely wouldn't want any part of Thompson's 'incentive based, no signing bonus' contracts. A lot of veterans on their last legs won't. Which is fine. It's not just fine, it's awesome.

I was told it contained only a very minimal bonus, but nice salary.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
The info is up on www.nfl.com

Said something about 3 million a year, and around what most other starting guards make? Not sure, but check it out if you're interested.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thank god. that was a little too close for comfort. When are you guys gonna freakin learn that bringing in Free Agents isnt always the answer.

ESPECIALLY when said free agent is playing on a terrible team and was part of the problem... and when said free agent is old as balls.

i am forced to watch Panther games on Sunday thanks to the leagues TV plan. believe me... we are better off without him.

but he was a well known free agent so HE MUST have been a good option.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
thank god. that was a little too close for comfort. When are you guys gonna freakin learn that bringing in Free Agents isnt always the answer.

ESPECIALLY when said free agent is playing on a terrible team and was part of the problem... and when said free agent is old as balls.

i am forced to watch Panther games on Sunday thanks to the leagues TV plan. believe me... we are better off without him.

but he was a well known free agent so HE MUST have been a good option.

I think few on this thread were saying that they most definitely wanted him. Just that he was worth a look, and if the price is right and they like what they see, bring him in.

Either way, I'm not really disappointed. I don't see any big time FA's coming in this year. Maybe just a handful of guys to compete for starting spots to push the other guys, and a good draft. And maybe that's just the answer.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be surprised if we don't sign a big name FA. not a blue-chip type guy, but i wouldn't be surprised if we go after Alge, or someone like that.
The winning atmosphere is back in the air in GB and that attracts FA, too. In the past 3-4 years, signing top tier FAs has been difficult because people don't want to live in GB, but winning changes all that. I'm not saying that a FA is "the answer", just that it is part of the equation.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

LMAO, funniest thing i've read in a long time.

ahh ive missed making you look stupid.

as wrong as you often are... why would you ever pick on things i say... are you just looking to make a fool out yourself?

you were wrong about free agency. you were wrong about TT. you were wrong about MM. and now your so wrong about Mike Wahle being a decent player that im starting to worry.

Wahle played on a terrible Panthers team... and was cut. If you want to go around getting players that get cut from bottom level teams... you go right ahead. but TT and anyone with sense will go out and get good players that are young and valuable... and we will go deep in the playoffs.

you can build a retirement home full of players if you like... you watch too much ESPN. just picking up guys that youve heard of before. I bet your fantasy football team has Vinny Testaverde as the starting QB and Tiki Barber as the running back.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packnic said:

Since I never seen Wahle play this year or last year really, I wanted Carolina fans opinions on his play....So I searched out other forums and blogs..

There were people that wanted Wahle to stay, but the MAJORITY liked seeing him gone

Interesting that fans of Carolina were saying same thing Packnic said but, according to DH, Packnic is wrong..

they cut whale because he was old and not worth the money he was making, he was on the decline, obviosly this combined witht he cap figure made it hapen, but the cap figure alone didnot cause this

It appears the Panthers are finally taking a serious look at their veterans and are ready to make much needed moves this offseason.

The oft injured Dan Morgan, and oft beaten Mike Wahle were both released today, making room for more reliable players.

Things are looking up Panthers fans. Let the anticipation begin!

I like Wahle but he's definitely lost a step, is very expensive, and I'm not surprised

Wahle was beaten badly last year over and over. Time to get some new blood in there.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Packnic said:

Since I never seen Wahle play this year or last year really, I wanted Carolina fans opinions on his play....So I searched out other forums and blogs..

There were people that wanted Wahle to stay, but the MAJORITY liked seeing him gone

Interesting that fans of Carolina were saying same thing Packnic said but, according to DH, Packnic is wrong..

they cut whale because he was old and not worth the money he was making, he was on the decline, obviosly this combined witht he cap figure made it hapen, but the cap figure alone didnot cause this

It appears the Panthers are finally taking a serious look at their veterans and are ready to make much needed moves this offseason.

The oft injured Dan Morgan, and oft beaten Mike Wahle were both released today, making room for more reliable players.

I like Wahle but he's definitely lost a step, is very expensive, and I'm not surprised

Wahle was beaten badly last year over and over. Time to get some new blood in there.

LMAO, i wonder if mike holmgren reads that forum!!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
Packnic said:

So your saying someone on a Panther forum that YOU have never heard of or even known about, has no clue on how a player performed..Even tho they watched every game?

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
longtimefan said:
dhpackr said:
Packnic said:

So your saying someone on a Panther forum that YOU have never heard of or even known about, has no clue on how a player performed..Even tho they watched every game?

I'm saying Mike knows lots more than a disgruntled Carolina panther fan.

*Edited by Ryan

Members online

Latest posts