PacMan KO'd for the season

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
In my opinion, the NFL did the right thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2832015

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell handed out the first suspensions under his discipline policy, banning Adam "Pacman" Jones for the entire 2007 season and Chris Henry for eight regular-season games.

The two players are suspended without pay for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy and engaging in conduct detrimental to the league on numerous occasions, the NFL announced.

After they serve their suspensions, each player must apply for reinstatement.

"We must protect the integrity of the NFL," Goodell said. "The highest standards of conduct must be met by everyone in the NFL because it is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right. These players, and all members of our league, have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
one thing I dont get

"Starting June 1, he must visit the team facility once per week to meet with the team's player development director. Also, beginning June 1, he is permitted to spend one day a week at the team facility for conditioning, film study, and other activities."

Why is he allowed to be a part of the "team" where K-Rob was told to stay away

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
Difference here is the KRob was suspended for a violating the substance abuse policy, while PacMan was suspended for personal conduct. But in my opinion KRob should have been allowed to be at the Packers facility. Terrible rule.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Difference here is the KRob was suspended for a violating the substance abuse policy, while PacMan was suspended for personal conduct. But in my opinion KRob should have been allowed to be at the Packers facility. Terrible rule.

I can understand rules like this but then again it still makes no sense, as you said terrible rule.

They want pacman to go to the team player development director once a week...Are they trying to get him some sort of help??

But with k-rob they say go help your self? we wont help you?

Brett was right when he said it was stupid on how they were treating him

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. To me, the team can help a player through a hard time. Yet they say he can't go to the Packer facility. Who is the guy supposed to turn to then?
Makes no sense to me.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/10119161

The specific conditions that apply to Jones' suspension include the following:

He must have no further adverse involvement with law enforcement.
He must fully cooperate with all required counseling, education, and treatment assigned under league or court-ordered programs.
He must adhere to the restrictions on his activities that have been agreed to by he and the Titans.
He may not be at the Titans' facility through May 31 and may not participate in any practices or organized workouts during the term of the suspension. Beginning June 1, he must visit the team facility once each week to meet with the team's player development director. Also, beginning June 1, he is permitted to spend one day a week at the team facility for conditioning, film study, and other similar activities.
In conjunction with the team's player development director and other professionals working with him, Jones must develop with the Titans a structured program of community service or other activity. This program must be submitted to the league office for review and approval.

I think the aim is to get them help, and I think maybe Brett's and others actions might have some impact on the drug suspensions to. To me, having them envolved with the team can only help them. It is a disease and you need support to over come it, I applaud the steps draw up in the above.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the aim is to get them help, and I think maybe Brett's and others actions might have some impact on the drug suspensions to. To me, having them envolved with the team can only help them. It is a disease and you need support to over come it, I applaud the steps draw up in the above.

that is what I think they are doing, but they arent or didnt allow K-Rob the same..

That is where I have an issue...

both players need help in some form, both should get = opportunity to get the help.

Members online

Latest posts