Pacman a Packer?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Just a little update on Pacman.

http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6151355

Would you trade a 3rd for him now? This just keeps getting better and better.

Recordings Link Pacman To Drug Dealer

Feb 27, 2007 05:15 PM
Recordings Link Pacman To Drug Dealer
Drug Dealer's Recorded Calls Mention Pacman's Troubles

On the morning of April 1, Metro Police busted one of the largest drug rings in recent history -- nearly 2,000 pounds of marijuana and cocaine.

Although investigative reports showed Titan cornerback Adam Pacman Jones was a suspect, he remains untouched by the law.

Documents and wiretapped phone conversations show he may have been very close to the investigation.

The conversations are between Pacman and Darryl Moore, the target of the investigation, a convicted felon and alleged major drug kingpin.

The phone calls revealed the friends partied together several nights. Moore slept at Pacman's home and evidence showed he may have made drug deals from there.

In one conversation, Moore talked about a cutie pie, slang for 9 ounces of cocaine.

Moore: "I'm at Pacman's house. I'm just laying around..."
Caller: "I'm just wondering if I could get a cutie pie from you"
Moore: "Yeah I got it yeah I can do that...give me about an hour"

The conversations revealed Moore's concern that Pacman's smoking pot too much and put his career in jeopardy. They also raised questions if Moore may have even been a dealer for Jones.

In another call, dro is slang for marijuana.

Pacman: "Bring that dro over here when you come too buddy."
Moore: "Do what?"
Pacman: "Bring some of that Dro when you come over here."
Moore: "I ain't got none."

The investigative report shows on April 1, officers were setting up on Darryl Moore, looking for a "shipment of cocaine" that was "ready to be delivered."

An officer was assigned to wait outside the home of "Titans player Pacman Jones."

The investigation unfolded after that:

9:06 -- Police reports showed officers discovered Moore's car at Pacman's house.
9:46 -- Moore exits Pacman's house with a briefcase. Minutes later, Moore and Pacman were in the garage talking to each other.
9:52 -- Moore left Pacman's home with a bag and then about an hour and a half later, officers began the takedown, arrested Moore and seized thousands of pounds of marijuana.

An hour later, Pacman kept trying to reach his friend unaware of what happened.

A listener might wonder why Pacman wasn't charged. An attorney at the district attorney's office said they could never prove Pacman was a distributor, although the conversations showed he was likely a user and a customer.

However, they said the close connections were still not enough to get a search warrant on Pacman's home or an arrest warrant, so Pacman faced no charges.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The investigative report shows on April 1, officers were setting up on Darryl Moore, looking for a "shipment of cocaine" that was "ready to be delivered."

An officer was assigned to wait outside the home of "Titans player Pacman Jones."
The investigation unfolded after that:

9:06 -- Police reports showed officers discovered Moore's car at Pacman's house.
9:46 -- Moore exits Pacman's house with a briefcase. Minutes later, Moore and Pacman were in the garage talking to each other.
9:52 -- Moore left Pacman's home with a bag and then about an hour and a half later, officers began the takedown, arrested Moore and seized thousands of pounds of marijuana.

An hour later, Pacman kept trying to reach his friend unaware of what happened.

A listener might wonder why Pacman wasn't charged. An attorney at the district attorney's office said they could never prove Pacman was a distributor, although the conversations showed he was likely a user and a customer.

However, they said the close connections were still not enough to get a search warrant on Pacman's home or an arrest warrant, so Pacman faced no charges.

What a crock of ****! When the police stake out your house to catch a drug dealer, I think that likely qualifies as probable cause...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts