1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PackOne

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by arrowgargantuan, Jun 8, 2008.

1. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Packerforum name: PackOne
    Real name (first only): Alex
    Current City: Eau Claire, WI
    Hometown: Wausau, WI

1) How did you choose your screen name?

Originally, it was a gamer tag. Back in the day, when I was a hardcore stoner, it served a dual purpose. One was a tribute to the world’s greatest team, and another to an oft heard phrase around the smoking circle. Rarely, has anyone put two and two together.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

I grew up in Wausau, Wisconsin smack dab in the middle of the state. I attended D.C. Everest High School in Schofield, Wisconsin. My father was the principal of my high school and a lifelong educator; my mother spent most of the time raising the herd. Later, my parents got divorced and my mother and father both re-married. My step-father passed away about five years ago after being a tenured professor at the UWSP. My step-mom is a terrible person, plain and simple.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

I did most of my sporting before age seventeen. I ran cross-country, played football (QB and return man) wrestled (no Trom), ran track, and pole vaulted. I also had the lead in our high school musical, was overly popular with the ladies, and played piano religiously.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

Hiking Isle Royale with my father, brother, and best friend Andy would have to top the list. A winter evening, after a performance of Damn Yankees, with a girl named Penny, would be a very very close second.

5) What was your first job?

I delivered the Milwaukee Journal, at five a.m. every Saturday morning.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

I grew up a Bears fan. My entire family was born and raised in the Chicago area. My Dad is a hardcore Bears fan, although he did it in a friendly banter sort of way, rather than a meat-head Viking fan way. I was young and impressionable when the ’85 Bears went all the way, and was a huge Walter Payton fan. I even had the Super-Bowl shuffle on ’45. I always watched the Packers as well. I was watching the day Majik went down. The rest of course, as for many, is history.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

Monday night against Oakland, hands down. Getting James Lofton’s autograph at a Godfather’s pizza was right up there as well.

8 ) How did you find the Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

Not really sure. I think I used to hit the other, old, and now cancelled forum back in the day. Someone must have pissed me off and I came over here. At first, I really didn’t post a whole lot, and usually disappeared during the season, only to return in the off-season. Ever since I discovered the Atrium I have gone bonkers ever since. I try to hit the Trom lounge for games in between the visits to numerous fantasy teams I carry every year.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

Brewers, Badgers football, Badgers basketball, Bucks.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

Writing, or at school. I also like to fish, hang out with my dog Gary, and used to play quite a bit of Madden.

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

Team reporter, easy question.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

When I have a spare five hundred bucks, I will make my first. I was ‘this’ close to going to the Seahawk game. It frustrates me sometimes, I have seen the Brewers, the Twins, the Bucks, etc. etc. all cheaper than a trip to Green Bay.

13) What is your worst fear?

Tromadz, naked, small room.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

I like to golf when I can. I do a lot of blogging. You can check out my packer blog at www.citizenwausau.com/packone and my personal blog at www.citizenwausau.com/tsfr. I love shameless self-promotion.

15) What’s your favorite food?

For the most part I am a pizza guy. I also love eggs Benedict.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

I have cruised around the country quite a bit. Some of favorites would be Grateful Dead, Cleveland, 1993. Baltimore, spring break 1996. Los Angeles, summer 1990. And finally, Jamaica, wedding, 2003.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

Had a job I liked and was proud of.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

I would have two homes, one here in Wisconsin, and another on the Coast, pick a side any side.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason for one of them.

Favre … Duh.
    James Lofton … my only autograph.
    Gilbert Brown … The Gravedigger.
    Lynn Dickey … because his name is funny when you’re eight.
    Jan Stenerud … because he is Jan Stenerud

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

Greg Jennings thread.
    Suicide thread.
    Getting in a brawl with marsct09
    Watching to home page fall apart slowly but surely.
    Packerforum awards.
    Starting the Zombie kid links with arrow.

21) Is there anything else you would like to say?

Yes, strippers are people too.

I nominate (drumroll) Tromadz. It is now time.

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    It is cheaper because, well, you get what you pay for. Brewers = 2 playoff appearances in 38 years. (As a Cardinals fan I feel obligated to rub that in.)

Good read. I'm looking forward to Trom's interview.

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup....good read!
    Another reason the NBA and MLB tickets are so much cheaper is the amout of games played. The NFL has to make all it's money in 16 games, while the NBA has 82 and MLB 162.

4. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Face value on NFL tickets isn't THAT much higher than MLB or NBA. but, there aren't any Packers tickets available and you have to by them from brokers and resellers who can set the price at whatever the market dictates. as long as people keep buying the tickets, brokers can keep charging more. if brokers raise their prices, Lambeau Field doesn't make any more money, they just get face value of what they charge. NFL, MLB, and NBA make all their money off merchandise, marketing, and advertising.

That said, great read Packone. I hope you can use all that education to land a job you enjoy. You have the talent to make it in journalism, and Lord knows you have the perserverance. it's only a matter of time.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    PS: Read his blog.

6. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    PackOne Inc. also accepts 500 word opinion Packer pieces for consideration during publication. In case anyone thinks they can break it down.

7. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    once again another aweosme read!!!

8. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Another fine read.. although alot of it was gave away in his blog entries.. I agree with Bozz.. well worth the time to read.

I shutter at the thought of Trom's entry to come.. in that horror flick type of way.. you hear the dreaded music and just waiting for the knife to be wielded.. :lol:

Oh.. I hope Dodd still turns his in.. tis the offseason.

9. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

10. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Kind of like this? :shock:

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I second (or third) reading his blog. It's quite good.

James Lofton is my 2nd favorite player of all-time. He was my childhood hero, and I never really recovered when he went to the Raiders. It's awesome you have his autograph. I have tons of pictures, but no autograph and never saw him in real life.

12. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
  13. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great interview!! And yes, strippers are people to. :)

14. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    Avoiding are we Trom? :lol:

15. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    aye its long overdue :)

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead