1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

PackOne

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by trippster, Mar 28, 2008.

1. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    In all my years, I have never really enjoyed reading. It takes something really special to capture, and keep my attention.

I think we have in our midst, a writer who has that special touch. His ability to capture your imagination, give you such a devouring sense of realism that you can smell the air in his stories. He drew me in, on a busy day at the office, and refused to release his clench. Thus I felt compelled to share with everyone here. Who is this writer?

PackOne.

Yes, that PackOne. Our very own PackOne.

As I read the post PackeOne made about the little girl's death in Wausau, I ventured on to his blog to see more about the child but never got that far. I started reading his blogs about the Roy's, then i ventured on to "Melting the Snowman, a Story on Golf". Amazing, simply amazing.

Alex (right?) you truly have a gift to transport your reader to another time, another place, but most importantly into another's set of eyes and mind. I can vividly see the skyline from your small studio, smell Perry standing next to you on the range, and feel the sense of pride showing your diploma to your dad. You left me yearning for the great bonding times I too have had with my father and now have with my son. Simply amazing.

As with most great writers, your life has been one less traveled,and possibly more "colorfull" than most. But it is those very experiences that give you the skew on life to share.

I have no idea what you do for a living at the moment, but if it is not writing than, in my humble opinion, your livelihood is not at it's full potential. I sincerely hope a book or novel is on the way. When you have one let me know. I will be happy to negotiate your deal.

I suggest anyone reading this post travel to his blog, wander around, and hopefully enjoy as much as I did.

http://citizenwausau.com/tsfr/2008/02/

2. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Trip,

That post means a great deal to me.

Here is a little more direct link.

Thank You.

PackOne's blog.

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I have to agree, I spent a few moments reading the Roy's, so far the setup has me waiting for more to the story... I say proceed as you were and speak from the heart.. in only three short sessions, I guarantee I will continue to read them.

Excellent read my friend, absolutely excellent.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll have to check it out once my hectic life settles in a couple of weeks.

your stuff in the Greg Jennings thread is impressive, definitely well written.

So to you PackOne, I say 'Greg Jennings'. There really is no higher praise than that.

5. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    great stuff, PackOne. Thanks for bringing this to light, Tripp