1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packnic

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by all about da packers, Apr 8, 2008.

1. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Packerforum name: Packnic
    Real name (first only): Nic (bet you didnt see that coming)
    Current City: Greensboro, NC
    Hometown: Mooresville, NC / Roanoke, VA

1) How did you choose your screen name?

- well, you know how theres beatnik's (hippies) and freaknik's (african-american festival), I figured I should have my own... and so Packnic was born.

2) Could you tell us a little about where you grew up and about your family?

- Born in Roanoke, Va then moved to Mooresville, NC about 2nd grade. Mooresville or "the Dirty Mo'" if you will, revolves soley around NASCAR, but its not nearly as redneck as it sounds. Lot of race teams and drivers are based there and its a great place if your into motorsports. Went to the same high school and learned to drive from the same drivers ed instructor as Dale Earnhardt Jr. So I'm a pretty big deal haha.

- Mom, Dad, two younger sisters (23 and 18), one younger brother(16). all packer fans. even though all of them except my Dad and I have been tainted by the local Carolina Panthers.

3) Did you play in any sports or where you involved with any High School clubs and such?

- I played soccer pretty much my whole life and I still like it, but unfortunately i drank away all atheletic ability in college. And thats why God created intramurals.

4) What is your fondest memory of your teenage years?

- Probably the summer after my senior year. Organized a concert for my Senior Project that went over really well, spent a few weeks in the carribean, visited potential colleges.. just overall a really good time.

5) What was your first job?

- Papas Pizza to Go. best. job. ever. On Halloween one year, we were playing football in the kitchen and accidently hit the antenae on the tv, that we had hooked to the sprinkler system for better signal. Long story short, the sprinkler went off, flooded the store in under 3 minutes, and no one even got fired.

6) What lead to your dedicated following of the Packers?

- My dad grew up a Packer fan surrounded by Washington Redskins fans and when your a fan of a team from a different area... your either all in or all out. So it was engrained in me from birth.

7) Could you tell us one of your favorite memories of the Packers?

- I really have enjoyed this season more so than any other... defying the odds, breaking the off-season criticisms and watching Brett play his last year have been very cool and I would pick specifically the Denver game. The magical Overtime TD bomb that I just knew was gonna get picked or be intercepted... I think thats when we all started seeing that this team had potential.
    That and the 1996 NFC Championship game.

8 ) How did you find Packerforum and what keeps you active on the site?

- During the 2005 Offseason... i was jonesing hard for some Packer's info... hit yahoo.com, searched Green Bay Packer forums and the rest is history.

9) What other sports teams do you follow?

- Charlotte Bobcats (don't laugh please), Tottenham Hotspur (english soccer), Gardner-Webb University (my alma mater), Virginia Tech, Carolina Hurricanes, Charlotte Checkers, Greensboro Grasshoppers and Kevin Harvick.

10) When you’re not on Packerforum what could you likely be found doing with your spare time?

- I spend all the hours i should be working at PF.com so I can usually be found in my office catchin up. After that i like to enjoy some adult beverages at bars around the area. and if not there TV or the PS3...

PACKNIC!! catch the excitement!

11) If you could have one moment being part of the Packer organization, what would it be?

- Ted Thompson fluffer. but seriously, really id enjoy the same thing PIB picked. Being in the war room during a draft. and all the scouting up until that point... i find that infinetly interesting.

12) How many trips have you made to Lambeau?

- Just once. 2003 San Francisco came to town and got beat 20-10. My little brother, my dad and my friend who was a 49ers fan all drove up 15 hours for the greatest sports trip ever that included touchdown Jesus atNotre Dame, Rupp Arena in Kentucky, Wrigley Feild, United Center (chicago is a cool place despite Bears fans), Brewers stadium, and all culminated with the Packers game. Brett threw 3 count em 3 INT's that day. But we had decent seats in the endzone right beside the tunnel. got some bad a$$ photos of Favre walkin out and my little brother caught Donald Drivers glove. Pretty good time if you couldnt tell.

13) What is your worst fear?

- Probably being raped or drowning.

14) What type of hobbies do you enjoy?

- Ladies and architecture. but only seperate, never together.

15) What’s your favorite food?

- Ribeye and baked potato... but i could eat Chinese or Mexican food at any point of the day. and beer.

16) Where are some of the places you’ve been, and where are some of your favorites.

- Mainly all over the US, some of the carribean. St. Maarten, Vegas are a couple of faves.

17) What is one thing you've always wanted to do, but haven't done yet in your lifetime?

- Live in a foreign country for an unidentified period of time.

18) If you could live anywhere where would it be?

- Right now I would say England or the Isle of Man, and no that isnt a gay dance club.

19) Name your favorite 5 Packers all time and explain the reason.

1.) Reggie White ( i dont think this franchise has seen a more dominating player)
    2.) Brett Favre
    3.) Paul Hornung (met him a couple times, likes to gamble, kind of sloppy in general... my kind of guy... and one hell of a football player.)
    4.) Donald Driver (i think he actually really likes being a Green Bay Packer)
    5.) Antonio Freeman. (me and a friend of mine who is a Vikqueens fan, get together and play Madden 2 times a year before the Vikings/Pack game... (it has become as important as the real game) . and for about a stretch of 4-5 years there... Favre to Freeman was unstoppable when you were playing the Vikings. So he will forever have a soft spot in my heart).

20) Up to this date, what is one of your favorite Packerforum memories?

- Definetly the draft chat last year when Justin Harrell was picked. and the game chats when i am sober enough to attend.

21) Anything else you’d like to say?

- I tried really, really hard to not be sarcastic in this interview. Dont know if it worked, but I hope it was readable. And thanks! it was an honor just to be nominated.

22) Who do you nominate to be the next PF Interview?[/quote][/quote]

- I'm gonna go with the Bozz.

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Packnic's worst fear is being raped...thats the funniest thing i've heard in a while.

great interview!

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    that's my worst fear too, man. or at least one of them. that sports trip sounded awesome. thanks for the nomination dude. good stuff.

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Great read Packnic, get a little better insight on your posts.

Question 22... Is Fast Arch the preformed arch manufacturer? If so, I seen some of that work in the Boston area on a church restore.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "Isle of Man"...........LOLOLOLOLOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    The internet rocks!!

http://fastarch.net/

I like their boss, George

7. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    I dont think yours is the same company tho..

One I found is .net
    yours is .com and doesnt have a location in NC, nor does it have anyone listed as NIC

LOL

9. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
  10. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    It is all the same company. Pheonix is the home office, and Fast Arch of the Carolinas (my company) owns the rights to the east coast... including Wisconsin. So if you need an arch for a home your building let me know haha.

I know the website is a little weak, but its for builders and contractors not the internet savvy... so it works. I do need to work on my google status though... jeez.

fastarchofamerica.com is actually an older site that will more than likely be non existent soon.

Pack93z ... thats awesome and random that you saw my product in Boston. How'd it look?

11. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Gotta love the Pack on Madden. Play action Favre to Free burned everybody. Great read. Great nomination. Great stuff this thread.

12. BangTheDrum

BangTheDrum Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I love Madden, cant wait til August the Pack will be risen again in the game! haha

Good read

13. Pack93z

Ratings:
    +22
    It looked great, I was interested in it because they were doing the domed effect in the entry way.. the two smaller ones were drywalled already and they were installing the larger main one.. I didn't see a name on the product, but I had asked about it.. what kind of marketing is that? :lol:

14. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great read, Packnic.

Been wicked-busy @ work lately, so I'm a little behind on member interviews, but I digest.

That Grand Tour of Great Lakes Sports sounds amazing.

As to the Madden discussion, you can bank on Rodgers having a sub-85 overall rating this year, and Al and Chuckwood getting robbed as well. I love Madden ratings. So inaccurate, yet so easy to beef up over the course of one offseason and two TC's...

15. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PIB - Brett Favre started at an 89 last year, but what did he end up as? Very curious.

And hoping someone posts the ratings for '08 once they come out.