1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

PackersNews Premium Report - Bills Game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by IPBprez, Aug 21, 2005.

1. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Alright you cheeseheads - here's a writeup by Chris Havel...... (sound familiar?)

Posted Aug. 21, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Chris Havel
    Fired up? Look for positives

A longtime Press-Gazette sports staffer and diehard Packers fan always said the same thing after games like this.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Aside from the larger than other paragraphs and random discolored paragraphs I have to say this is a good article. Hopefuly that premium site stops altering the posts so they are better, visiually.

I'm surprised nothing was said about Will Whittacker. I thought he did good.

3. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    The colorations was for emphasis - I figure you got that already....

I wrote Chris Havel personally about this article...

4. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    May I ask what about?
    I prefer Packersnews over JSonline because the writers (especially Havael) put more of a "fan spin" on thier writing. Havel is a top-notch writer IMHO.

5. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Just trying to clarify a few things.... Waiting to see if he actually answers people, or not!

I noticed that he left out comment about "several" of the Players who stood out, in my mind, on Defense last night, too.

6. Cheezy

Cheezy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the reason he left out Will Whittacker was because i think it was him that gave up the sack.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Pretty positive that wasn't him.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Oh, I figured we could determine that for ourselves. Anyhooters thanks for the postage!

9. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    While having potentially upto 6 startes missing, then yes one must admit that the D held its own. However, After Grady and Hunt, we are weak at the DT. None of the players seem to be getting a consistent rush except for Jenkins. Cole did some good things, but Lee and Washington have got to get their acts together. But I agree with Havel, that as long as the ST played as poorly as it did, then it doesn't matter if we have the best D in the league. Its interesting to see that MS dedicates so many portions of camp to ST, yet they come out and perform as poor as this.

10. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    The Packers always seem to do lousy on special teams in the pre-season. I think they are constantly looking for players that they can't set assignments.

It seems clear to me that all this uncertainty leads to the Packers slow starts.

Maybe it's time Sherman:
    1)Had more contact to improve tackling.
    2)Cut the obvious "cling-ons" and start moving things toward a more concrete start.

11. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Packers have kind of sucked for special teams ever since desmond left well rossum was good but didnt really shine all that much

12. ORRELSE

ORRELSE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a good point--and will be interesting now to see the interaction between Sherman the coach and Ted Thompson the GM. As far as I know Thompson is the guy who will be making the final cuts. Sherman's input will be considered, obviously, but ultimately its TT's responsibility top get a roster of players together.

13. calicheesehead

calicheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    John Bonamego has not done much in ST's since he's arrived. I have no idea who to replace for him but, the last 2 years I normally cringe when we have to kick off.

14. Unbilleveable

Unbilleveable Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Same here bro same here.

16. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    I go with this comment, as well.

On a viewpoint other than my own - I have requested and received acceptance from a friend, who writes articles constantly on PackerChatters. His name is Mark Quarderer - aka: Packernation.

So - the IPB site now has an add-on which will grow with the Season. Packernation is also now a writer for the IPB Club (sort of) and we hope to enahnce this option as we move over to our new independent web site.

Take a read...

Opinions are welcome!

(Psst - You can just come back here to comment if you'd rather not join up on our site.)