1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Packers YAC Attack

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Greg C., Jan 7, 2008.

1. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Here's a good article from espn.com about the Packer passing attack. I think the writer overstates how much Favre has had to change his game this year. I would say McCarthy has tweaked the system, rather than changing it in a major way. Also, the writer doesn't acknowledge enough how much Favre's quick release and accuracy are needed to make this offense work. It's not like he's just a caretaker quarterback.

An interesting stat: In the first 6 games, Favre averaged 41 passes, but in the last 10 games, he averaged only 28.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/columns/story?columnist=garber_greg&id=3182742

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man, that opening picture is cool. I think I might print that one up and put it up at work.

3. PackinSteel

PackinSteel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I read this on my Blackbery before I saw the post here. Another interesting stat from the article

Almost half of Favre's 4,155 passing yards -- 2,061 -- came after the catch