Packers WRs - Best in the league

OP
OP
G

GBXU

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Didn't Fergy get the lasik surgery cuz of that headhunting hit from Darius?

It did help the migraines that the hit caused but he could never clearly see the ball before that well. Referred to as a 'brown blur' he says he can now see the laces with 20/15 vision.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Gentleman and Lady.

With all do respect. The Raidaaahs have the best WR tandem in the game and it is not even close.

Now if we were to add in the best "Q.B. and WR Combination." in the league well that may be a different case.

R.P.

Before or After the Mary J?

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that in rating best recievers in the league the Packers have to be in the top 5. The thing about it though is so many reporters base it on potential. Like i saw on an article on SI.com it talked about best recieving cores and they had the Lions and Cardinals in the top three solely because they recievers have the potential to be great. They had notable recieving cores and i didnt see the Packers anywhere on there. So yea i say the recieving core would be ranked 3rd. Colts obviously 1st and raiders 2nd because with Moss double teamed all the time Porter and Curry will be open all the time.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our receivers are among the top groups in the league, and with Chatman improving, the depth will be better than last year. The Colts have the best group in the league, no contest. THREE guys over 1,000 yards last year. That was incredible.

At the risk of sounding like a glass-half-empty guy, I have to point out that our receivers are looking great in training camp against a very shoddy bunch of corners, with the only legitimate NFL corner, Al Harris, injured much of the time. I've heard that Hawkins has lost his momentum and Carroll is only making marginal improvements, while Thomas is injured again and Chris Johnson has just returned after two years of injuries. So maybe we should be a little more cautious with our praise until our receivers can look this good against other teams.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Our receivers are among the top groups in the league, and with Chatman improving, the depth will be better than last year. The Colts have the best group in the league, no contest. THREE guys over 1,000 yards last year. That was incredible.

At the risk of sounding like a glass-half-empty guy, I have to point out that our receivers are looking great in training camp against a very shoddy bunch of corners, with the only legitimate NFL corner, Al Harris, injured much of the time. I've heard that Hawkins has lost his momentum and Carroll is only making marginal improvements, while Thomas is injured again and Chris Johnson has just returned after two years of injuries. So maybe we should be a little more cautious with our praise until our receivers can look this good against other teams.

It is not just based upon practice in training camp. Driver and Walker matched up with anyone last year. Fergy is in the best shape of his life, had laser surgery and is described by Favre as a stronger and much faster Sterling Sharpe. Chatman is greatly improved and Murphy is the real deal as a rookie if he can get healthy.

Thurman belongs in the NFL, but despite an impressive camp, serious tools and a motor that doesn't stop he has not shot short of an injury to make the squad. Most seasons Bragg would have made the squad -- this year he has a battle on his hands to make the practice squad.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Good comparison to the 1980's Chargers, Phil. Damn, that was one scary aerial show with Fouts tossing big numbers EVERY week.

Air Coryell, baby!!

That said, top to bottom, this Packers WR group has to be considered one of the top 3 or 4...and perhaps the best! We will have to wait and see!

They were fun to watch! On top of the passing attack they had Chuck Muncie pounding the ball.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get used to seeing lots of this...
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

and this

and this

and this

Members online

Latest posts