Packers WR Jones having best season of career

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Packers wide receiver James Jones was generally regarded as a drop-prone underachiever during his first five seasons. NFL receivers don’t typically “break out” as sixth-year pros, but Jones has. He’s on pace for career highs in receptions (72), yards (802), and touchdowns (14). Jones explained to Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that one of the…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jones explained to Lori Nickel of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that one of the keys to his success is talking to himself on the field. Jones literally yells at himself between snaps. “Focus! Stay Focused!” he’ll say.

“Even some of the DBs have asked me, man, what are you talking about,” Jones told Nickel. Although unconventional, Jones’ approach has paid dividends. He hasn’t dropped a single ball in 2012, and has secured 36 of the 57 passes thrown his way.

“In the past I’ve had games where I caught balls early and I would lose focus at the end,” Jones acknowledged. “So I’m constantly talking to myself the whole game.”

Jones has also reportedly “doubled” his film study this season, and quarterback Aaron Rodgers has noticed improved practice habits from the 28-year-old.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And to think that 3 months ago there was a contingent talking about cutting or trading Jones to make sure DD gets a roster spot.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And to think that 3 months ago there was a contingent talking about cutting or trading Jones to make sure DD gets a roster spot.

Those same people think DD is just as good as ever and just stuck at the bottom of depth chart for reasons unknown

Members online

Latest posts