Packers win on the field and in the boardroom

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
"Of all the original NFL franchises — located in places like Muncie, Ind., Rochester, N.Y., Massillon and Canton, Ohio, and Rock Island, Ill. — Green Bay is the only small-town team still in existence. The Packers have managed not merely to survive but to become the NFL’s dominant organization, named by ESPN in 2011 as the best franchise in all of sports."

This is one of my favortie parts. I feel giddy.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Very interesting to know that Murphy was on the players side in the 80's and now on the owners side..That the owners didnt accept him and the players didnt want him to be there

Glad the "bribe" was mentioned...I wish Al Jones(Bretts reporter friend) paper allowed to view archived articles..In there Brett says to Al the media was incorrectly portraying the money offered as a bribe..But the very next week Brett tells ESPN it was a bribe

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Very interesting to know that Murphy was on the players side in the 80's and now on the owners side..That the owners didnt accept him and the players didnt want him to be there

Glad the "bribe" was mentioned...I wish Al Jones(Bretts reporter friend) paper allowed to view archived articles..In there Brett says to Al the media was incorrectly portraying the money offered as a bribe..But the very next week Brett tells ESPN it was a bribe

@AKCheese

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i never say this, but you are 10000 wrong in how you are “wording it”
Apparently you have no recollection of what actually happened. The league had to step in and tell GB to work something else out. So TT took basically nothing to stash him in NY. (Where he played at an MVP level before tearing the bicep in his throwing arm). TTs cowardice was EMBARRASSING. He even forced the Jets to include a no trade clause because he was so scared to ever have to face Favre again. (Turned out he was right to be afraid). Don’t get me wrong, Favre did a few things wrong, but Favre was a JOCK. He got paid to play games. Ted Thompson was (supposed to be) a professional manager.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently you have no recollection of what actually happened. The league had to step in and tell GB to work something else out. So TT took basically nothing to stash him in NY. (Where he played at an MVP level before tearing the bicep in his throwing arm). TTs cowardice was EMBARRASSING. He even forced the Jets to include a no trade clause because he was so scared to ever have to face Favre again. (Turned out he was right to be afraid). Don’t get me wrong, Favre did a few things wrong, but Favre was a JOCK. He got paid to play games. Ted Thompson was (supposed to be) a professional manager.
Man, you have no idea about the kind of person TT was or who BF is. Embezzling a million dollars from welfare recipients in Mississippi should have been a clue.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, you have no idea about the kind of person TT was or who BF is. Embezzling a million dollars from welfare recipients in Mississippi should have been a clue.
This isn’t about BF - I’m no admirer of his personal life - at all. Nor do I care what kind of “person” Ted Thompson was. This is about how he handled his professional duties as the Packer GM. It was gutless classless shameful - didnt have to be that way. Favre was a jock.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn’t about BF - I’m no admirer of his personal life - at all. Nor do I care what kind of “person” Ted Thompson was. This is about how he handled his professional duties as the Packer GM. It was gutless classless shameful - didnt have to be that way. Favre was a jock.
The problem is your opinion is based entirely on the BF narrative and not what actually happened.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Of all the original NFL franchises — located in places like Muncie, Ind., Rochester, N.Y., Massillon and Canton, Ohio, and Rock Island, Ill. — Green Bay is the only small-town team still in existence. The Packers have managed not merely to survive but to become the NFL’s dominant organization, named by ESPN in 2011 as the best franchise in all of sports."

This is one of my favortie parts. I feel giddy.

Who has it better than us?

Nobody, that's who.

Go Pack Go!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, this is like when a bar fight breaks out. You grab your beer and go to another room in the bar, and the fight follows you in there!

Latest posts