PACKERS & WILLIAMS VINDICATED!

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...IOL-?SITE=WIFON&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

...Notes:mad: The league told McCarthy this week that DT Corey Williams was properly aligned on a field goal attempt against the Bears. Williams was penalized for an illegal formation, and the penalty gave Chicago a first down. The Bears scored a touchdown two plays later. "We'll continue to use the formation," McCarthy said.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :pop: :pop: :pop:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

That is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would have changed the outcome of the game, the pack could have tried for a fg to tie

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am EXTREMLEY ticked off at this..

Those refs should have a HUGE deduction on thier next check in the form of a fine..

When people say the refs help the team lose, it normaly is crap..But I think a case could be made that this did help them lose..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that would be very nice. but on the other hand, i don't think washington needs to get punished because of the mistakes that the refs made in a game we played against the bears. it would be nice if we could get away with some **** though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think washington will get punished per say..But rather if there is a questionable call, refs might not toss the hankie on the packers..

vechenzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just have the officials remember this when we go to soldier field on the 23rd of december.

Reaction score
Yeah it'd be nice (and appropriate) if the Packers were compensated with something other than "Our Bad" by the NFL.

I'm thinking perhaps being compensated that first round pick that the Pats will forfeit... cough,cough... ;)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
that would be very nice. but on the other hand, i don't think washington needs to get punished because of the mistakes that the refs made in a game we played against the bears. it would be nice if we could get away with some **** though.

I rather beat the Redskins fair than have the refs gives us some makeup calls. I don't want to win the same way the Bears do.

Though I'm not going to lie, I'd take it if they gave it to us. :lol:

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's good that the league noticed this and saw that the refs made the wrong call, but it's too little, too late. I highly doubt we'll have any calls go our way that wouldn't have otherwise. It's just one of those things that sucks, but there's really nothing anyone can do about it. It doesn't change the outcome of the game, so it doesn't really matter.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The league obviously condones this sort of thing or else they would do something about it. To me, it's telling that they don't. I think they got the result they wanted.

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about the 12 men on the field call....I want that one to come out too.

Those are two penalties that could have seriously changed the outcome of the game.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Those are two penalties that could have seriously changed the outcome of the game.
How true......if they are gonna miss those easy calls, how can you trust them on hard calls?

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were 12 men on the field, I was on that sideline at the game, no doubt in my mind they messed that one up too.

The FG penalty is just such a joke. However reffing collegiate soccer (yes I know it's not the "NFL") I can understand that officials make mistakes, sometimes they are game changing, even more so in soccer. One bad penalty will provide the game winning goal etc.

I think the officials on that crew should not be on a nationally televised game for the rest of the season, they were a total cluster.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score

What's worse about that one is they reviewed it at the time and still got it wrong. It's one thing to make a mistake like the FG formation and get proven wrong after the fact but geez - who is doing the booth review (I believe that was inside of 2:00 right?)

axelred13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There could have possibly been 13 on the field, but I think one could have made it off.

That is where I think the confusion came into play. The refs didn't realize there were TWO guys trying to get off the field in time and when one appeared to make it off, they thought that was the 12th man.

There is still no excuse. How hard is it to pause the replay at the time of the snap and count to 12?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not making excuses for the Packers losing. I just want the officials to be held accountable for what they do. That whole crew needs to be suspended for the rest of the season. Too harsh? I think not. These games are too important to have refs out there ******** them up. They can't even count to 12 for gods sake. :roll:

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so totally ****** up. Nice 4 point swing there refs, ya douches!

It won't be the last time that a bad call has changed the outcome of the game. It does however bring up an issues about using professional refs. I believe Pro Football is the only sport that uses weekend refs only. Any good ref would have known the rule and wouldn't have made that call.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts