Packers Vs Vikings - Thursday 12/21

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This game as you all most surely know is only offered by NFL Network with the exception of the Milw/Green Bay TV markets.

I as some of you know work for Dish Network and was doing some research on this. With the NFL Sunday Ticket DirecTV has had an edge on us in the NFL department for years.

I (currently a Time Warner subscriber) do not have NFL Network. I have cable because my apartment complex manager does not allow sattelite tv installs. He said the only way I could get dish is if I installed all of his complexs that way he could go back to just one person or some jazz. When he said I had to do all eight buildings I lost interest really quick lol.

Anyhow. I hate to sound like a salesman here, but really Dish Network has the best offer for obtaining the NFL Network right now. It's being offered on the America's Top 60 programming costing 29.99 per month.

If you sign up with the Top 60 programming, get your locals and two tv hookup you're gonna pay $40 plus tax. If you have an active phone line and get the dual tuner box you save $5 bringing your total down to $35.

I'm freaking paying $40+ and its the crappy cable clearity and NO NFL Network! :(

I'm to the point where I might just tell my complex manager I'll do all the installs for his apartments (I'd get paid from my company for doing them too) and get Dish Network.

Oh you even get $100 back! Granted it takes ten months to get it.

You don't HAVE to sign up on a committment either. However, you do do not sign up for the commitment the install fee is not refunded where as if you are on the committment you get it back on the first months bill.

If this breaks rules at PF.com I apologize. But I for one am freakin excited about this because it means the company I work for has a solid edge over Cable and DirecTV!

If you have any questions about getting Dish Network feel free to PM me and I can give you my work number. If you reside in MI or WI I could have my company do your install. Well, not MY company, just the one I work for.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This isn't 100% on topic, but when you say "this game is only offered on the NFL network", that probably means Sunday Ticket will do nothing to show me this game huh?

Reaction score
This isn't 100% on topic, but when you say "this game is only offered on the NFL network", that probably means Sunday Ticket will do nothing to show me this game huh?

I think they might pick up the Wisconsin area feed.... Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense since they advertised "Never miss any game of your favourite team again" or something along those lines.

Jakest3r

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Zero, perhaps you'd like to disspell some of the myths about satellites (IE. they go out frequently, bad reception during rains/stroms, you need a bunch of wires, etc.)

They actually hardly go out, I myself have Dish Network.. And it's usually always rainy/snowy... it really never actually goes out during the day...only during the night.. and usually im sleeping so it don't bother me much..

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Zero, perhaps you'd like to disspell some of the myths about satellites (IE. they go out frequently, bad reception during rains/stroms, you need a bunch of wires, etc.)

This is all dependant on the installer, your house framework/setup and your line of site.

If you have a clear line of site with good signals over 100 on each sattelite and spray SPAM (whatever that grease slipper stuff is call) on your dish you will be fine.

If you have a signal in the lower 70-80's you most likely will experience some interference during rain/snow storms.

Regarding wiring more in depth. That depends on the layout of your house and the installer. Typically an installer is going to do it in a fashion you have little wires. Reasons why. Less work and less work. :) See if he has to go back out ot repair it he doesnt wanna shift though a whole bunch of wires.

I checked the schedule and it has a channel for home and away so I would assume if you have Sunday NFL Ticket you would get the game. I am not 100% positive on that so please do not take my word for it. I know little about DirecTV except Dish Network is better :p

I did a little more research and found solid proof for ya.

Thursday, December 21, 2006
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers 8:00 pm (ET)
Channel - 212
HD Channel - 93

Source Link

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dish network & directv are about the same as far as quality goes. we had dish network for 8 years but then wanted tivo so we switched to directv. they're about the same as far as i'm concerned. and yes, i get NFL network with my package so i'll be watching the game - woohoo!!!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
dish network & directv are about the same as far as quality goes. we had dish network for 8 years but then wanted tivo so we switched to directv. they're about the same as far as i'm concerned. and yes, i get NFL network with my package so i'll be watching the game - woohoo!!!

DirecTV is a tad more expensive though. I don't know from experience, but my brother and good friend work for DirecTV and both worked for Dish Network.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dish has a nice deal going now...as Zero points out...it is nearly 20 bucks a month cheaper than Direct TV.

(I just subscribed my mother from Direct to Dish--she also gets her local channels now as well)

The only caveat is the price goes up to 34 dollars at the end of next year..still cheaper than Direct.

It doesn't have anything to do with my rantings about the game....my feelings are that are with the NFL not Dish. My wife didn't want a dish on our house since there's little 'window' around our house due to the number of trees.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
jdlax we don't have to worry we get the game on TSN. So whoever wants to flee to Canada for a day can come to my place. Oh wait I'll be at the game WooHoo! And if I'm not home I don't trust you party cats in my house. LOL

rob836

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the only thing you want to do is watch football you can pay for NFL sunday ticket on DirecTV and get NFL network as well and not have to pay for anything else. You don't need to pay a monthy subscribion.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
If the only thing you want to do is watch football you can pay for NFL sunday ticket on DirecTV and get NFL network as well and not have to pay for anything else. You don't need to pay a monthy subscribion.

I've been tinkering with their website for awhile and I can't find out how to do that. Everytime I start out it makes me start at base package.

Closest I came wast this.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900044

and when u click get directv now it makes u select a base package.

Members online

Latest posts