Packers vs. Lions Predictions

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game will not be close, Detroit just lost all the air out of the baloon and they have the hottest team in the league coming in ready to go. I say the Pack will dominate time of posession, turnover battle, and scoreboard all around.

31-13 Pack

AL HArris will get his first int.... :)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was too bad Al didn't get his pick last week cause that was a hell of a play he made. Just unlucky as I think it was maybe Kampy who went offsides and he rarely ever does that.

We're to good for Detroit. They may keep it close for awhile because it's at their place and it's Thanksgiving. They play better there but our pass rush will prove to much for a guy that can't get out of his own way.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21-20 in a last-second, Greg Jennings thriller.

Let's be honest here. The Lions are a good team, and they're even better in Thanksgiving.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
21-20 in a last-second, Greg Jennings thriller.

Let's be honest here. The Lions are a good team, and they're even better in Thanksgiving.

The honest truth here is the Lions are a very inconsistant football team that can look good one week and get their *** blistered the next. I wouldn't put a dime on this team if I found it on the sidewalk.

It's hard to make it a game when your QB is on his back and you can bet MM is going to make sure that's right where Kitna finds himself all day long.

He's gone down like forty three times in 10 games. That's only about thirty more than Brett. I will be very surprised if this guys not picked at least three times due to the pressure our guys put on him all game long.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have been playing well. Packers come out and play their brand of football and Lions play their brand, match ups favor the Packers.

I say it will be a closer game than what a lot of people think...

how about 27-23 Packers as the defense thwarts a late Lions charge.

Go Packers
15-1,
Superbowl.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was too bad Al didn't get his pick last week cause that was a hell of a play he made. Just unlucky as I think it was maybe Kampy who went offsides and he rarely ever does that.

We're to good for Detroit. They may keep it close for awhile because it's at their place and it's Thanksgiving. They play better there but our pass rush will prove to much for a guy that can't get out of his own way.

Yeah, when Kampy jumped offsides, I saw it and it was a bummer Harris made that nice pick, because I knew it was coming back.

hamkins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're to good for Detroit. They may keep it close for awhile because it's at their place and it's Thanksgiving.

I agree that homefield advantage is real, but why would you think Thanksgiving would give an advantage to the Lions? I'm sure they play just as ******* any other day, as do the Packers. The Lions are 33-30-2 on Thanksgiving-- hardly dominating.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 31, Lions 17. At this particular point in the season, I have a hard team seeing almost any team in the NFL (short of NE and possibly Dallas) score more than 10-13 points against us, unless it's garbage time ala the Panthers. I gave the Lions an extra TD because 1. it's a tough venue, and 2. it's a short week. They could catch our D off guard on a play. Collins is out, but Rouse is in and will be coming into this game confident and looking to make more plays. KGB could get 3 sacks on the speedy turf. Everyone else will do what they've been doing, which is playing lights out. On offense, we're clicking better than any point previously in the season.

If it weren't in Detroit on Thursday night, I would have it an even bigger blowout.

I'm still nervous. Anything could happen. But me being nervous is usually a good sign. :lol:

Odysseus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently there are very few "greybeard" Packer fans reading this thread.
It's Packers vs Lions on Thanksgiving in Detroit!
Doesn't anyone else remember Alex Karas destroying Bart Starr on Thanksgiving in Detroit!
I am getting old but I'll never forget that day!
Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB: 33
DT: 10

Strahan said they were one of the worst 6-3 teams they've played and I believe him.

Detroit's O-line will not be able to stop even our front 4 so I believe we will have a field day on Kitna. They'll get a late TD in garbage time after the game is sealed.

They just aren't in the Packers league right now.

Danreb said:
Let's be honest here. The Lions are a good team

Well that seemed contradictory

lol

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I guessed we'd score 31 points against the Panthers and I was right. However, I thought we'd limit them to 3 points and they scored 17.

Against the Lions in Detroit? That's a toughie.

28-17, Packers. I do hope it's not that close though.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
We're to good for Detroit. They may keep it close for awhile because it's at their place and it's Thanksgiving.

I agree that homefield advantage is real, but why would you think Thanksgiving would give an advantage to the Lions? I'm sure they play just as ******* any other day, as do the Packers. The Lions are 33-30-2 on Thanksgiving-- hardly dominating.

Detroit is 11-5-1 against us on Thanksgiving Day. Considering how routinely we beat these guys that is a surprising record.

I would hope for a comfortable win but we have a tendancy to let teams take back large leads and make it interesting in the end. I could see that again here but we win another than one that should have been easier than it turned out.

I mean we're all guessing to a degree but these teams do have a theme going for them by this time of the year so it's my take on it.

I could see that happening here.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
27-13 Packers.
The way i see it.......if we can get control of them early, and get in their heads, they will fold up like a card table with too much food on it. If we let them THINK they can stay with us, then it could be a battle. We need to rattle KittyNa early and often. And Brett needs to get us off to a quick start.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with a one-point win, but.......ah, who am I kidding, I would be kind of disappointed with a one-point win. I expect more from this Packer team, and I think they will deliver. The Lions have a weak O-line and a weak secondary. Both those weaknesses will be exploited.

Packers 38, Lions 17

Why should you believe me? Last week I predicted Packers 31, Panthers 13. I missed it by just four points.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts