Packers vs Giants

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today it was offense that let us down...Last week it was the defense

We just have to accept this is what we will have till rodgers returns

Yes...it's just discouraging to me that we are this bad without Rodgers. I didn't think we were elite by any means without him, but I thought we still had some pretty good pieces. If that's the case, they sure can't put them together right without Rodgers.

I can't even blame Tolzien, big mistakes aside. We'd be 0-3 with any other backup. We're just not that good, without Rodgers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes...it's just discouraging to me that we are this bad without Rodgers. I didn't think we were elite by any means without him, but I thought we still had some pretty good pieces. If that's the case, they sure can't put them together right without Rodgers.

I can't even blame Tolzien, big mistakes aside. We'd be 0-3 with any other backup. We're just not that good, without Rodgers.

Actually I think Wallace wouldnt have been as bad..

He has experience that Scott doesnt have...

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually I think Wallace wouldnt have been as bad..

He has experience that Scott doesnt have...

I think he would have avoided Scott's big mistakes, but does he make those big throws downfield that Tolzien makes? No way.

Same result I think, just a different means to the end.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think he would have avoided Scott's big mistakes, but does he make those big throws downfield that Tolzien makes? No way.

Same result I think, just a different means to the end.

Scott's arms is better in terms of strength....But I think the game plan would have been to Wallace's abilities..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
and the game plan wouldn't have been matched to Tolzien's?

I doubt it...Wallace is shorter, I think there would have been more roll outs and moving pockets for Wallace..

Scott has a stronger arm, so with Wallace there wouldnt have been as many longer throws..Would have been more 10-20 yard tosses

Wallace has been around and seen a ton of games and defenses..I think he wold have been a little more careful

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt it...Wallace is shorter, I think there would have been more roll outs and moving pockets for Wallace..

Scott has a stronger arm, so with Wallace there wouldnt have been as many longer throws..Would have been more 10-20 yard tosses
So they did match the game plan to Tolzien's abilities?

robertk328

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know for a fact..I am just guessing that they put in plays they thought Scott could do and that could work vs the Giants..
well then we're saying the same thing. if they didn't do any of that, the issue goes beyond Rodgers, Wallace, Tolzien, etc. I doubt that's the case, however....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
well then we're saying the same thing. if they didn't do any of that, the issue goes beyond Rodgers, Wallace, Tolzien, etc. I doubt that's the case, however....

Vs the Eagles, there was a point on the sidelines where Rodgers, Scott and Mm were talking during a t/o..

Rodgers was explaining to Scott what to do exactly during a play because Scott never ran it before..

So my guess is that even if it isnt suited to Scott's ability, they run the play in practice so he has an opportunity to run it and get the feel for it..Specially if you need timing down to get away from the lineman's feet, or the speed that Lacy runs, or how the wr will stop their route.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scott's arms is better in terms of strength....But I think the game plan would have been to Wallace's abilities..

Of course, but part of that would have been trying to establish the run, which they weren't able to do today.

While I mentioned I don't see Wallace making the same mistakes Scott made today, I doubt he would have been able to move the offense enough today to put many points up, especially without a run game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Belichick is a far better coach than McCarthy, so yes.
With our without cheating?
How many SBs did Belichick win without cheating?
I would really like to know.
Since they were caught, the Cheatriots have not won one SB after going back there twice.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't they comment during the game that Scott knew the playbook well and Mike didn't have to scale things back for him?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't they comment during the game that Scott knew the playbook well and Mike didn't have to scale things back for him?

Yeah they did, something about opening up the entire playbook for him..Doesnt mean that he has practiced every play...

If you read a book on how to shoot a gun and saw people doing it, doesnt mean the 1st time you try it you hit the bulls eye

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah they did, something about opening up the entire playbook for him..Doesnt mean that he has practiced every play...

If you read a book on how to shoot a gun and saw people doing it, doesnt mean the 1st time you try it you hit the bulls eye
I'm sure neither Scott or Wallace has had a chance to practice every play in the playbook. I think I heard there are hundreds of plays. Knowing the plays and executing the plays also enters into the equation.

Last edited:

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our game plan was to make Tolzien beat us. We gave him single coverage on the outside, and dared him to throw it on us. We stacked the box for Lacy (who I think is going to be a real good player)
Our defensive line played solid, hit Tolzien on occasions and made him rush some of his throws. The 3 interceptions can be from lack of experience, and trying to make plays when they weren't there.

Offensively we kept it simple, short passes and stay with the run. We rushed the ball I believe 23 times, which I would prefer more. But it worked, and moved the chains which helped our passing game.
Cruz played solid, and would have had an easy td if not for Eli under throwing him.

My suggestion would be to stick with the kid (Tolzien) until Rodgers comes back. And run the ball 20+ times a game, keep the game simple.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Our game plan was to make Tolzien beat us. We gave him single coverage on the outside, and dared him to throw it on us. We stacked the box for Lacy (who I think is going to be a real good player)
Our defensive line played solid, hit Tolzien on occasions and made him rush some of his throws. The 3 interceptions can be from lack of experience, and trying to make plays when they weren't there.

Offensively we kept it simple, short passes and stay with the run. We rushed the ball I believe 23 times, which I would prefer more. But it worked, and moved the chains which helped our passing game.
Cruz played solid, and would have had an easy td if not for Eli under throwing him.

My suggestion would be to stick with the kid (Tolzien) until Rodgers comes back. And run the ball 20+ times a game, keep the game simple.

Where you at the gameplan meeting then ?

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where you at the gameplan meeting then ?
Not at all. The Giants coaches stated all week to contain Lacy. Tuck even made comments how the game plan was to neutralize Lacy. And from watching the game and the press conferences of the defensive personal they stated that Lacy was our main priority this week. They wanted the young kid Tolzien to beat them through the air.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Not at all. The Giants coaches stated all week to contain Lacy. Tuck even made comments how theAnd from watching the game and the press conferences of the defensive personal that stated that Lacy was our main priority this week. They wanted the young kid Tolzien to beat them through the air.

Sorry, that was rude of me. I just get tetchy after a loss :tup:

Members online

Latest posts