Packers vs Giants

Reaction score

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People....they beat minnesota, philly and oakland. It's not like they're out there beating great teams to death. If Tolzien doesn't get injured in the first series (and maybe if he does) we'll win this one. It matters if you can construct a game plan for a QB and have his around long enough to execute it. Also, the giants don't have a Shifty McCoy and have the worst oline in the league.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Philly again except the location and the team colors will be different. Like last week the injury depleted Packers draw an NFC East opponent with a losing record but still alive in a weak division and starting to get its act together. The Eagles had gotten wins on teams with losing records and so have the Giants lately but, since Aaron Rodgers' injury, the Packers are now a losing team (0-2).

Tolzein did well last week and should gain from a full week of prep as the starter. But the Giants now also have full game film on him to study in theirs.

The defense's lack of pash rush, tackling skill, communication, gap control and assignment surety, and inability to get turnovers will likely be on display again. For all their problems on offense New York still has Eli Manning,Cruz and Nicks and some other receivers who will keep moving the chains and striking at least a couple of times for explosive plays.

Jason Pierre-Paul has a history of big rushing games against our quarterback so watch out for him on Sunday.

I'm not expecting the Packers to win this one but will hope to see some semblance of a playoff caliber team even without its star leader. Another loss will drop the Pack to .500 but the critical game to win before ARod returns will be Minnesota next week. We should probably concede Thanksgiving Day and the division to Detroit sans Rodgers but if he comes back by Atlanta for the full month of December the Packers could roll up a 10-6 record and maybe get in with some help. They won't, though, win on any tiebreakers.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM scraps the Lacy Starks combo in favor of a true thunder and lightning rushing attack of Lacy/Franklin. Tolzien puts up a solid performance and Green Bay wins this by 10.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tolzein did well last week and should gain from a full week of prep as the starter. But the Giants now also have full game film on him to study in theirs.
Maybe that could be to our advantage.
The game film they are watching is the "practice squad" Tolzien.
Perhaps he will have some surprises that they will not expect after more time to prepare.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM scraps the Lacy Starks combo in favor of a true thunder and lightning rushing attack of Lacy/Franklin. Tolzien puts up a solid performance and Green Bay wins this by 10.
That would be sweet to see the star QB and the Giants getting owned at home by the table scraps of GB.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be sweet to see the star QB and the Giants getting owned at home by the table scraps of GB.
I think the chances are good. We haven't had many picks but at the rate Eli likes to throw them, I would expect a couple of them. I also think they'll struggle against Lacy, and Tolzien should be just good enough to exploit a lot of single coverage. I'm gonna say...

Packers 27
Giants 20

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The wrecking ball on Clay Matthews arm has been removed and he will wear a modified cast which should have his fingers free.
Go get 'em Clay!

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the line doesn't mean sh*t....what was the line on all of the games last week? f the line, f the spread, f the giants. packers win this one. im calling it. now get ready to eat some crow haters/doubters.

Last edited:

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was so looking forward to beating the Giants down. Now it look like the musical chairs game at QB will be to Mr. Practice squad Tolzein. He will stink it up against the NYG. Eli and company have a 3 game streak going for them and are looking much improved over their extra ugly start.
Our secondary has a hard time shutting down Cruz and Nicks, the NYG run game will be slowed to almost nothing, but that wont matter much. Eli has a big day (350+ passing and 3 TDs)

NYG - 30

Packers - 13
NYGs lately have our # but they started 0-6. I expect 7 or 8 in a box & force Tolzien to beat them

Eagles Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys will demolish the Giants, they are so bad it's not even funny... If Tolzien throws the ball as good as he did against the Eagles the Packers will win by double digits, just depends how many.

When the Eagles played them last time, Matt Barkley played his first game in the NFL and just couldn't complete a drive even though he drove the down the field effectively. The Eagles gave them every opportunity to score and all they could get were 5 field goals.

I thought Tolzien was unbelievable against the Eagles and we were just lucky to win..

I don't know what's going to happen in the off season, but from what I saw of Tolzien I imagine there's going to be a lot teams making offers for him. I wish the Eagles would make an offer for him.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys will demolish the Giants, they are so bad it's not even funny... If Tolzien throws the ball as good as he did against the Eagles the Packers will win by double digits, just depends how many.

When the Eagles played them last time, Matt Barkley played his first game in the NFL and just couldn't complete a drive even though he drove the down the field effectively. The Eagles gave them every opportunity to score and all they could get were 5 field goals.

I thought Tolzien was unbelievable against the Eagles and we were just lucky to win..

I don't know what's going to happen in the off season, but from what I saw of Tolzien I imagine there's going to be a lot teams making offers for him. I wish the Eagles would make an offer for him.
I appreciate your kind thoughts.
And also for not being a troll and rubbing it in how your team beat ours.
Your post is filled with class.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
You know, it's a given that if the same tackling and defensive execution shows up as has been evidenced the last two weeks ... well, actually in all 4 losses - the Cincy debacle in particular ... this is going to be a disaster.

#10 for the Giants has sort of opened a mail order business for tossing balls to opposing defenses this season, but our DB's have been essentially refusing delivery. Could this be one of those games where both teams seem to refuse victory? Sheesh, I don't know what to expect except that my expectations are not set too high.

On that note ... I'm betting that McCarthy RUNS hard and often at the center of the Giants D-line, trying to control the clock and keep the scoring low in an attempt to keep our defense off of the field - Did you note that I did not say, "Keep their offense off of the field"? Never for one minute forget that the Giants are still the Giants and have a way of making the Packers look absolutely, positively stupid.

I'm hoping that McCarthy and Capers are taking this game PERSONALLY because they have been consistently out-schemed and out-coached by Coughlin and his staff over the years...ever since the complete wiping the Pack laid on the Giants a number of years back.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Can I add quickly that I am a fan of Mike McCarthy? I don't feel as though I'm slamming McCarthy as much as just making a casual observation.

Members online

Latest posts