O #9 D #16
D #5 O #16
Pass O #5 Pass D #22
Pass D #5 Pass O #15
Rush O #24 Rush D #10
Rush D #18 Rush O #12
Points #10 Pts allowed #5
pts allowed #2 Points #5

Falcons beat us with offensive and defensive rushing stats; everything else in our favor.

This game will be decided by turnovers, or lack of.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting.. I still cannot believe our defense is only ranked 5, because our defense is amazing... Not suprised by the running stats as it was never our strong point. I think it may come down to whether we can run the ball enough and stop their running game to win it.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is very hard to compare one team to another when they only had two common foes all year.

The complex formulas were built using the NFL' own traditional tie breaking system, How can you compare Atlanta & Green Bay when they only played the same opponents twice out of 16 games. Their schedules are as comparable to Big Ten Schedule as to a Pac-Ten schedule. The Packers schedule called on them to play the NFC East And the AFC East, Falcons played AFC North and the NFC WEST. Why did the Packers Have to Play the Jets and falcons on road and the Bears get both at home? Yes the Falcons had a 13-3 record vs the Packers 10-6 record. But if they are playing completely different schedules, how does comparing W-L records make any sense? The NFL put some thought into tie breaking rules, which I wish they could some how use in seeding. I have not heard any complaints about tie-breaking rules. So just for fun, let's lookk at Green Bay- Atlanta vs the NFC and the NFL.
1) Head to head....Props to Atlanta
2) Common foes...GB 2-0, Atlanta 1-1
3) W/L % in NFC..Props to Atlanta (which is why I hate that they don't play a common schedule)
4) Strength of schedule... No contest..Green Bay
5) Best net points in conference......Green Bay
6) Best net points in all games.....Green Bay
7) Best net TDs in all games......Green Bay
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
winner of coin flip...lol...hope it never gets to that.

Thanks for listening. The rules aren't going to change, was just something for me to ponder on.

missinghoagies

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack Falcons
O #9 D #16
D #5 O #16
Pass O #5 Pass D #22
Pass D #5 Pass O #15
Rush O #24 Rush D #10
Rush D #18 Rush O #12
Points #10 Pts allowed #5
pts allowed #2 Points #5

Falcons beat us with offensive and defensive rushing stats; everything else in our favor.

This game will be decided by turnovers, or lack of.

Nice work, however, I wish people would clarify especially NFL experts when they say the key to the game will be TOs. I always remind people that it is points off TOs that is the key especially when the TOs happen around mid-field, not necessarily in scoring position for you or your opponent. Often if you can survive a TO or give up the minimum amount of points the MO actually swings in your direction. However, of course any TOs that result in TDs or probable points lost as in the first game with the TO for the Pack at the goal line are killers.

Also think Red Zone play is going to be huge today. In my mind just tell me the percentage of converted TDs in the Red Zone for both teams and I will tell you the winner.

GO PACK GO