Packers VS Eagles Predictions

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Im a member of the wingheads forum aka the eagles forum and they have a prediction thread and they are half and half on who wins (talk about a lack of confidence in a team who is the 3rd seed).

So what does the packerforum think?

I say Packers 20 - Eagles 16

TrantaLocked

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we came into the Giants game who I personally thought was better than the Eagles, and we beat the **** out of them. Also, the Eagles have had a down attitude lately, so either they keep that or they get encouraged by their coach and make a come back.

Since It's a playoffs game, I'm going to expect the latter and a top-performing Vick. Based on the last game our rush has good confidence. Well our whole D has huge confidence, and the rest of the Eagles isn't as good as Bears. I noticed Rodgers keeps the offense pumped by making bombs periodically. Once a WR catches a bomb for a 60 yard run Rodgers gets out of his normal slump and starts killing.

Just from what we can expect from both teams Packers win, 75% sure.

eaglesfanvisitor

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well we came into the Giants game who I personally thought was better than the Eagles, and we beat the **** out of them. Also, the Eagles have had a down attitude lately, so either they keep that or they get encouraged by their coach and make a come back.

Since It's a playoffs game, I'm going to expect the latter and a top-performing Vick. Based on the last game our rush has good confidence. Well our whole D has huge confidence, and the rest of the Eagles isn't as good as Bears. I noticed Rodgers keeps the offense pumped by making bombs periodically. Once a WR catches a bomb for a 60 yard run Rodgers gets out of his normal slump and starts killing.

Just from what we can expect from both teams Packers win, 75% sure.

i'm picking the packers to win as well (hopefully this is not just for packers fans sorry if it was) but the Giants are in no way better than the Eagles. We've beaten them 7 times in a row dating back to 2007 and we've scored at least 30 points in 5 of them.

Valhalla Express

SKOL VIKINGS!
Reaction score
Packers will pressure Vick by keeping him in the pocket. Woodson dropping into the slot position and showing Vick the blitz will keep his mind on one side of the field. Vick has the habit of looking to his blind side and adjusting his stance if he thinks a blitz is coming. This will allow the DE's to adjust their POA to Vick and keep him inside the pocket. Pressure up the middle and Vick is on the ground. Vick is skittish.

Packers - 23
Eagles - 16

~Val

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
espn eagle boards are bashing the PAck
I would expect that from any fan of another team we play.

I am going to buck a trend here. I think, the Packers match up very well against the Eagles. We can shut their run game down and then expose Vick to some exotic pressures. I think our offense will be difficult for them to stop.

Packers 31
Eagles 13

ryanbodman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what the score is, as long as we win!
Watching Vick his last game, as soon as there is pressure on him, he scrambles around and makes mistakes. That's what we need to do, and it's what we will do. Pressure him in the pocket, contain him, watch him spin in a couple of circles, then throw the ball up like he is doing shot put. Williams and Collins should both have a pick or 2.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have said it many times this season, vick, when he is on, is the best player I have ever seen. Problem is he isnt consistent and can be rattled at times. As long as vick doesnt put on the cape its going to be 24-10 packers.

ATL is going to be very very tough.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would expect that from any fan of another team we play.

I am going to buck a trend here. I think, the Packers match up very well against the Eagles. We can shut their run game down and then expose Vick to some exotic pressures. I think our offense will be difficult for them to stop.

Packers 31
Eagles 13

What is nice about Packer fans, is that when they go to an opponents board to post, they are generally civil and polite, but the opposing fans...Bears last week wanted to know were I live in order to put a hit on me..lol...Eagles fans, you have to censor every other post. God, if they boo Santa Claus..I ain't going to that stadium.

Philadelphia, wonderful city , I spent a week there one night...W.C. Fields

I don't predict scores..I predict wins..Rack it up as a W for the Pack.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, like against the Giants, I predict this won't be a close game, because we lose close games.

Packers by a TD or more.

putting the cart before the horse here but if we win, do you see us getting past ATL?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
putting the cart before the horse here but if we win, do you see us getting past ATL?
Unless our OL has the best game of their lives, sadly no.

They simply do everything right and never shoot themselves in the foot. If we can play a mistake free game against them, we have the better talent.

But for that to happen we need to be perfect on D (stop dropping ints), we need to be decent on ST, we need to have a running game, and we need for our Wrs to stop dropping balls.

If the game were at Lambeau, then I'd almost guarantee a win against ATL.

I don't care much about the fans, because that's BS more often than not. The dome isn't that loud. But away, the refs are always bias. And that, in a close game, goes a long way towards winning and losing.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
What I'm most worried about is Refs who are influenced by the crowd and subconsciously call a game that favors the Eagles significantly (ruling in their favor on a questionable pick or catch etc). An yes, it's scientifically proven refs call home games better for the home team. In other words home field advantage like in the Bears game. So I think that is worth 7 to 10 points for the Eagles. Cards got 13pts off the Refs last year at least.

I think the Packers pull this one out. 35-27 Pack.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless our OL has the best game of their lives, sadly no.

They simply do everything right and never shoot themselves in the foot. If we can play a mistake free game against them, we have the better talent.

But for that to happen we need to be perfect on D (stop dropping ints), we need to be decent on ST, we need to have a running game, and we need for our Wrs to stop dropping balls.

If the game were at Lambeau, then I'd almost guarantee a win against ATL.

I don't care much about the fans, because that's BS more often than not. The dome isn't that loud. But away, the refs are always bias. And that, in a close game, goes a long way towards winning and losing.

Your right, we make the little mistakes they dont. I havent seen enough games of Ryan to know what throws him off.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right, we make the little mistakes they dont. I havent seen enough games of Ryan to know what throws him off.
Having to convert big plays.

He has a 6.5 YPA. He's a checkdown captain. Maybe the best in the league, but he's a checkdown captain.

If we're able to stop their running game, we can win. We cannot miss tackles, we cannot miss assignments in the running game, specially against counter runs. Having Jenkins back will be a big plus, since he does a great job of containing his side, which we have struggled with Green and Walden in there.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having to convert big plays.

He has a 6.5 YPA. He's a checkdown captain. Maybe the best in the league, but he's a checkdown captain.

If we're able to stop their running game, we can win. We cannot miss tackles, we cannot miss assignments in the running game, specially against counter runs. Having Jenkins back will be a big plus, since he does a great job of containing his side, which we have struggled with Green and Walden in there.

Turner hasnt been playing well since he faced us. Against Tampa, the # 28 rushing D he averaged 3.7 yards. In two games against Carolina the #23 rushing D he averaged about 4 yrds a carry. Against New Orleans the #16 rushing D, he averaged 2.8 yards a carry. @ seattle the #21 rushing d he averaged 3.3 yards.

He leads the league in carries and I think is wearing down this season. He will benifit more than anyone from a bye week.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Capers will force Vick to play like a legit QB by sending respectable blitzes forcing Vick to make short passes instead of those long balls all the time. Vick has been completing long passes all years leading to his high yardage numbers. This won't work well for the Eagles offense. The D will keep Eagles in check...just like the other 6 games this year where the opponents were kept to single digit final scores.

There defense is poor against the pass and that's where our Offense excels.

The only thing that bugs me is that they've been resting their starters for a full week while the Packers were having a dogfight (no pun intended) to get into the playoffs. They are better rested and playing at home. These are bigger variable than I think Packer Nation wants to admit. But these are the types of variables, combined with a great coach who unfortunately never learned how to put a team out of their misery because he players the percentages to a nauseating degree even against the weakest of opponents, that could allow the packers to loose another brutally close game.

So lets hope our receivers don't drop any balls and our line doesn't have any rookie mistakes. Pack needs an out the gates quick lead. If its close, packers loose.

Packers W 99 to 3.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
38-24 Packers.

They won't be able to stop us IF MM lets loose on the play calling. He needs to be as aggressive calling plays as he was against the Giants who I consider a better team than the Eagles.

Home field advantage + Vick's feet = at least 3 td's for them.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
O-line needs to hold up and our WR's need to catch passes. If those two things happen, I have faith in Rodgers and the Defense to hold their own, putting this one away.