cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Pack will win.......why? Cause I'm a homer, thats why! :lol:
(I really DO think we have a chance!)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
This will be a determined team comming in here.. if we go 3-0, there can't be a single "Ya-but" as Warhawk says left around. We will have earned the 3-0 or even 2-1 record if we play with this team next week.

Any given Sunday... it is a truth. See Brownies vs Bengals..

http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/bolts-vow-to.htm

Bolts vow to return to winning ways

No excuses, no fingers pointed, just a promise to pick up the pieces and play much better throughout a season that is still very young. That was the message in the Chargers locker room following Sunday night’s 38-14 to the New England Patriots.

“We got beat on all sides of that ball, but we’ve got 14 more games to go in this regular season,” defensive end Luis Castillo said. “We’re going to get back in the classroom. We’re going to get better. We’re going to get back on the field and improve. We’re going to get back to work and we’ll get back to where we were.”

Several players used the word “humbling” to describe how they felt following the defeat. The Chargers were well aware of who they were playing and where they were playing, but they believed with their talent they were going to be in a battle. That was never the case.

“We thought we were going to come in and win and play well,” quarterback Philip Rivers said. “We did just the opposite. This is a good old fashioned whoopin’ we took. We’ve got to get over this one in a hurry.”

Another feeling heard around the locker room Sunday night was that the team didn’t play “Charger ball.” That phrase means protecting the football, and the Bolts turned it over three times Sunday night. It means stopping the run, and New England rushed for 144 yards in the victory. It means capitalizing on the opponent’s miscues, and the Chargers were unable to score following two Patriot turnovers, one of which gave the Bolts the ball at the New England 31 yard line.

“We did a lot of things tonight that are just out of our character,” cornerback Quentin Jammer said. “We know we’re better than that. We’ve just got to correct a lot of the mistakes and show people that we’re capable of much more.”

Fortunately, there was accountability. Members of the secondary discussed how they need to communicate better. Linebackers talked about the need to tackle better. On a night when he threw a pair of interceptions and lost a fumble, Rivers shouldered his share of the blame.

“We’re going to look at the tape and we’re going to see that we didn’t play very well,” Rivers said. “I know I can speak for myself, I didn’t play very well. We all need to get better.”

There are several areas where the Chargers believe they can and will be much better when they take the field next week. That was the promise of the players and coaches.

“I think the key for every team in this league is improving throughout the year,” Head Coach Norv Turner said. “Certainly we have a lot of improving to do. To be the team we’re capable of being, we’re going to have to play at a high level in all three phases. We came on the road and we didn’t play the way we wanted to play.”

The Chargers voiced a sense of urgency as they filed out of Gillette Stadium Sunday night. On Friday, they’ll travel to Wisconsin to face a Green Bay Packers team that has come out of the gate strong.

“We’ve got to stay together,” running back LaDainian Tomlinson said. “We’ve got to find ourselves. Going to Lambeau, it’s going to be a tough game. Green Bay is 2-0. We’re going to get their best shot. We’re going to see what we’re made of.”

Throughout the week, the Bolts knew that a Week 2 game would not make or break their season. While extremely disappointed following the loss, they stood by that Sunday night. They said they would remember the way they felt and allow that to help them get ready for the Packers.

“You don’t want to downplay the meaning of this game,” Rivers said. “It meant a lot to all of us and we’re sick to lose it. At the same time, we’ve got a long way to go and a lot we can improve on. It kind of lets you know that we’ve got to get it going. We’re going to do everything we can to do that.”

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the key to beating the chargers is simple
1. stop Gates
2. stop LT
3. Sack Rivers

I predict Favre ties the TD mark

Bubba, GJ, DD all have TD's

Kampman, Jenkins have sacks, nick collins INT

LT is held to 90 yrds rushing, and NO TD's

Gates has a big day 2 TD over 100 yrds receiving.

Wynn has a 100 yrds rushing

GB 27 Chargers 23

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time deciding on this game..

I dont think Gates will have as big of a day as Dh says, but I think LT is going to give the D trouble..

This might end up be like the Eagles game was

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gates owning Poppinga. That's what I see happening. Hope it doesn't but it seems like both teams we've played so far have stayed away from The Hawk, and targeted Popps all day with their TE.

We've also been pretty soft on the perimiters of the LOS, letting RB's and TE's catch checkdowns in the flat, and RB's are breaking contain on the edges. That's where LT is the most dangerous. The Chargers' strengths on O match up pretty favorably for them against our D's weaknesses.

hopefully MM brings in a master gameplan to thwart the always un-clutch Norv Turner.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly can't say who wins here. One thing's for sure--if we win, I think it's safe to say we're going to the playoffs.

One thing's for sure, GB's run defense looked pretty weak the passed two weeks. Westbrook still averaged 4 yards a carry, and Ward, a freakin' backup racked up 90 yards. If LT cracks 100, we lose.

Gates is a problem too. With where he lines up, he'd be going against Poppinga every single down--a mismatch. So we're going to have to gameplan properly.

The way to beat the Chargers is to stop LT and establish a clock-running game. That's easier said than done.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching the Chargers last week I think the Pack can win the game. It'll take our A game and their C game but I think we can win. Offensively, San Diego is struggling and if you contain Tomlinson, you have a shot. Rivers can't win a game on his own yet.

With that said I'm going San Diego.

Chargers 17
Packers 9

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the key's are fairly simple:

1.) Contain L.T. (can't stop him... just contain him); contain Gates

2.) Be able to spread the ball around, protect Favre

If you think the Packers will be successful on the ground, you're delusional. Pressure from SD defense WILL be there, and so will big plays from L.T.

If you can minimize those and make Philip Rivers beat you... I think we can make it closer than expected.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop Merriman when he blitz and then just like the Pats did when the Chargers blitz 2 LBer's they threw it down the field for a huge gain. Just keep there main threat Merriman from getting to Farve and then he will do the rest we can eat up there secondary. Stop LT, Gates is the other thing they dont really have any big threat WR's so focus on these 2 guys and minimize what they do and its easy. I say Green Bay in there home town shows everybody that there serious and are a big time team!

Pack-20
Chargers-17

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
Gates owning Poppinga. That's what I see happening. Hope it doesn't but it seems like both teams we've played so far have stayed away from The Hawk, and targeted Popps all day with their TE.

We've also been pretty soft on the perimiters of the LOS, letting RB's and TE's catch checkdowns in the flat, and RB's are breaking contain on the edges. That's where LT is the most dangerous. The Chargers' strengths on O match up pretty favorably for them against our D's weaknesses.

hopefully MM brings in a master gameplan to thwart the always un-clutch Norv Turner.

Poppinga has really improved him pass coverage. We shut down LJ Smith. We shut down Shockey. Gates really hasn't found his grove yet this season. Let's hope his funk lasts another week.

Heelntoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully the GB coaching staff can use the Pats and Bears film and come up with a competent game plan. Problem is that the Pats and Bears are solid playoff teams and should match up well with the chargers.

I fear we may try that man/press coverage for 90% of game and give up some big plays.

I was very close with my 1st two predictions... but no clue on this game. Have to think about it a couple more days.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I dont think Gates will have as big of a day as Dh says, but I think LT is going to give the D trouble..

I am having a hard time here too longtimefan. The one thing I do like is that the Bolts will have been on the road two weeks and if Jennings come back I think we have a shot but this game could get ugly, I am worried about our QB protection !!!

CaptainItchy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I expect the worst but hoping for the best...

2 things:

Merriman - I 'm concerned about him BIGTIME...our O-line isn't as strong as our D-line...and Brett has been bumped way too many times in the first 2 games already...

LT - He's one hella Passionate Player...he will motivate his O-line this whole week...and he may have an explosive day...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I am having a hard time here too longtimefan. The one thing I do like is that the Bolts will have been on the road two weeks and if Jennings come back I think we have a shot but this game could get ugly, I am worried about our QB protection !!!

pretty good call winni!!

jennings did provide a HUGE LIFT

Members online

Latest posts