Packers vs. Chargers prediction

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
alright guys now that the win has settled in for all of us... It is time to start thinking about next game. Im sure we are all watching this New England game and seeing the blowout that is developing.

The Chargers are going to be amped for redemption and a suspect secondary of the Packers could be a problem for us.

I say 24-21 Chargers

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not going to do a score prediction, but for us to have a shot at winning this game, our defense will have to play better, more consistently. That's the key. they'll have to play up to their potential. Also, we will not win without a decent running game. here's to hoping

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree lets all keep up the faith...if we can beat the chargers next week the players will really be feeling confident going into weeks 4 5 and 6. and confidence wins in this league. im happy our guys are starting to develop that bond that makes teams special

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think we can beat the Chargers. Especially if they play like they are playing tonight. We will need to be sharp, and i think this is the most important part of a coach's job, and the most overlooked. How sharp the players are is almost entirely the coach's responsibility.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 charger starters injured tonight...I like the packers chances even more.
LT has a 1.9 yards per carry average...Phillip Rivers has been a disapointment...too bad...I have him on my fantasy team.

Packers 31 Chargers 17

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well a couple of notes from watching the game..

Jamal Williams, the standout NT, suffered an elbow injury and came out of the game. After that the center of the D didn't look the same.

LT looks pissed off, only averaging 1.+ yards/carry so far this season. He will be out to prove something next week.

Rivers looks to be struggling within Norm's offense, which bodes well. Gates is still dangerous though.

The left tackle of the Chargers, O'Neill can be beaten with a speed rush, maybe KGB will get alot of pressure if he can get upfield.

The safeties can be had in the Chargers D, typical Cottrell defense. Watch for the TE's to have a good game next week, especially Lee with his speed. If Favre has time, watch a couple double moves and a pump or two to get behind the secondary.

OP
OP
B

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
glancing at the pack schedule..... i would say cHARGERS looks like our toughest foe of the 2007 season as far as on paper goes. If we can beat the Chargers next week at Labeau I think the players would have an added amount of confidence that could develop into a serious playoff contention team. The NFC looks wide open this year Saints are 0-2 just incase you missed it

GO Pack!!!!!

LordEvil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are Linebackers will really be tested next week vs the chragers. LT will be running the ball, and gates is going to get alot of one on one with hawk and barnett. so it will be something to watch for.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just thinking back to that preseason game last year-The Chargers' defensive scheme seemed absolutely unanswerable for our O. I know it was preseason, different teams, a whole year ago, etc. But they owned our offense.

Look for the gameplan to be pass-heavy against the Bolts' suspect secondary.

SD will get back to what they know, and absolutely pound the ball with LT and drill it in to Gates all game long.

Our D can stop them, but they have to play nearly flawlessly.

The O could have another ugly game, unless Williams is still hurt and we establish an actual run game.

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game should be a great test for our D. I hope they can step it up and the league can finally see how awesome our D can really be.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think barnet is the key player here he needs to be as good as he was vs the eagles when he shut down westbrook also if hawk can keep gates down we should have a great chance

the final thing to take in acount is the weather if it was to be a REAL cold night in Green bay then S.d maybe not adapt as well and we could win

Green bay 24
S.d 21

Crosby to kick a field goal as time runs out

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packers - 24 chargers 21

I did get that fumble right !!1

Yes you did get the fumble right but your "streak of being right" ends here unfortunately.

27 - 13 Chargers

We're not ready to win games like this yet.

Pack93z

Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
packers - 24 chargers 21

Yes you did get the fumble right but your "streak of being right" ends here unfortunately.

27 - 13 Chargers

Was that the powerhouse you seen last night? Chicago struggled with KC, so we really don't know what type of a Charger team this is. To me, Norv is there so.. they will struggle at times this year.

That is right, it is still all gloom in Green Bay... the running game is still struggling. Other than that.. they are solid.

The Charger can be had, but you are right it will be a tough game.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
packerfan1245 said:
packers - 24 chargers 21

27 - 13 Chargers

Was that the powerhouse you seen last night? Chicago struggled with KC, so we really don't know what type of a Charger team this is. To me, Norv is there so.. they will struggle at times this year.

That is right, it is still all gloom in Green Bay... the running game is still struggling. Other than that.. they are solid.

The Charger can be had, but you are right it will be a tough game.

Just because i dont think we can stay with the Chargers who will be fired up doesnt mean i think its all gloom. They have LT, Gates, better Defense, better offensive line and receivers are as good as ours if not better. Why would anyone predict a Packers win ? The colts packers and chargers are just on another level over everyone else

That being said, i am still hopeful that Brett can have a masterpiece and we can have a few balls bounce our way and win.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I guess I seen a couple things last night with the San Diego defense that makes me think they have stepped back a little to alot.

First point to injury, Jamal Williams, I would bet severely sprained or possibly tore something in his left arm. They were blowing him out of the hole after the injury and finally Norv pulled him. Wilhelm will probably be out as well. Making the interior of that defense a whole lot weaker.

Now we aren't running the ball well, but we should get enough to hold those backers in enough. The safeties for the Chargers look to be stiff in coverage. Go back and look at the Bears game, they played the same way.

If we can keep Merriman & Phillips in check off the edge, I think we will have a field day in the middle of the field.

Better offense, did you watch any of the game last night or against the Bears. Rivers is struggling in this new offense, and apparently so is that offensive line. They aren't getting alot of push and had trouble in pass protection. So I wouldn't say that they look polished on offense either. Maybe LT should rethink the preseason sitting and play a little to get some rythmn on offense.

If you ask me, the Chargers appear to be over-rated this year. I think you might be surprised come this Sunday when it is a very close game.

If the Pack get up early and force Rivers to throw, it could be real trouble for the Chargers.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was suprised by the burst of Deshawn Wynn. He has shown some flashes and i've yet to see one from BJ. I think we can pop them for some nice runs if we can establish the short/mid passing game.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the game last night the Patriots did not come out successfully running the ball that great against San Diago. They broke this game open finding seams and throwing short passes over the middle and then launching one deep occassionaly.

They kept doing this and eventually their running game opened up but it was definately moving the ball thru the air that opened this game up. We have just the type of passing game that the Chargers had a hard time defending last night and the receivers to run the routes to move the chains.

Defensively, if you stop LT you stand a good chance because Rivers is average and wants to get it to Gates to the point he will force it. We find ways to cover Gates and don't let LT loose and we have a good chance.

Granted, these two objectives will be the biggest challenge we have faced so far but don't forget the Chargers have faced two consecutive tough teams in a row.

I wish they would have won last night but still it will be hard to get up three weeks in a row to the degree it will take for them to beat us at home.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think we can win this game.

i predict that sp teams will do something to win it for us.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing that concerns me is that LT has been contained for 2 games straight now. He seems due to have a big game.

not even the great LT can do it alone. If he shows up to play, but his o-line doesn't, he may have another frustrating afternoon. That's what i'm hoping for.

Members online

Latest posts