Packers-Vikings

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few are saying this...

They said nothing about a concussion, and even said on Tuesday (???) Josh was starting..Then wham he had a concussion? And claims it happened in the 3rd q..

Just seems very odd
I don't know how he can have a concussion.
The way Freeman was playing against the Giants it was as if he didn't have a brain.

The way that things have been going on, everything from Brent to joining the team and costing them the SB in the playoffs, to the roof collapse, the QB controversy, etc, etc
The Vikings should forget the draft and instead see the Wizard for a brain. Like he did for that scarecrow guy.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still in absolute shock VY and Tolzein aren't Vikings at this very moment.
Vince Young I too am surprised.
They've tried Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham. Spergyn Wynn (drafted him ahead of Tom Brady), Daunte Culpepper, Tarvarris Jackson, Donovan McNabb, Josh Freeman.... wonder why they didn't try Vince Young.

Teddy Bridgewater next draft?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
A few are saying this...

They said nothing about a concussion, and even said on Tuesday (???) Josh was starting..Then wham he had a concussion? And claims it happened in the 3rd q..

Just seems very odd
You know what I find funny, the fact that the NFL has been hounding people on concussions for the last two-three years and when a player actually comes forward and says the thinks he might have one he is accused of faking it. The doctors ran their tests and said he may have been. But hey, let's give it to the talking heads, after all, it's not their brain that they have to worry about. I would rather a player be safe then take a chance on doing more damage. But that's just me.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
They've tried Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham. Spergyn Wynn (drafted him ahead of Tom Brady), Daunte Culpepper, Tarvarris Jackson, Donovan McNabb, Josh Freeman.... wonder why they didn't try Vince Young.

Wynn was drafted by the Browns. Nice try though.

And Wynn was third string on the Vikings. Only reason he played was due to injuries to both Culpepper and Bouman.

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what I find funny, the fact that the NFL has been hounding people on concussions for the last two-three years and when a player actually comes forward and says the thinks he might have one he is accused of faking it. The doctors ran their tests and said he may have been. But hey, let's give it to the talking heads, after all, it's not their brain that they have to worry about. I would rather a player be safe then take a chance on doing more damage. But that's just me.
What's funny is this, and I realize it's HARD TO IMAGINE: Had Freeman played great last week, or good, or decent, or just okay, I bet these concussion "symptoms" wouldn't have surfaced this week, and he'd be playing tonight....... whatchu all think?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Why did it take that long to figure it out is the issue

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Why did it take that long to figure it out is the issue
Symptoms can be delayed. The do not always happen right away. And they can be very subtle. So its just a plausible for him to have had them then it is for him to be faking it. Personally, I will give him the benefit of doubt.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Does it matter ?? We are on course to give them a beating later today ? I have to agree with Raptorman on this, better not to risk serious injury, but thats just me :rolleyes:.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

Teddy B should go buy himself a Jags jersey just to have it ready. They might get a shot at Mariota or Boyd.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Solid Game. We won as expected and our offense looked great.

It just irritates me how we seem to so non chalantly give up points when we have a big lead. Even if it is garbage time, it's still bothersome and that kind of carefree play could cost us against good teams if we're not careful. I mean Vikings scored 14 points in the span of like 3 or 4 minutes. I hate that ****

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

It just irritates me how we seem to so non chalantly give up points when we have a big lead. Even if it is garbage time, it's still bothersome and that kind of carefree play could cost us against good teams if we're not careful. I mean Vikings scored 14 points in the span of like 3 or 4 minutes. I hate that ****
Had we gotten someone else hurt playing hard D, you might be singing a different tune.

Still, prevent defense should be used only on hail mary's. Prevent defense prevents winning, usually the team playing it's.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Had we gotten someone else hurt playing hard D, you might be singing a different tune.

Still, prevent defense should be used only on hail mary's. Prevent defense prevents winning, usually the team playing it's.

I had a feeling someone would say that. I didn't see the Ponder TD Run, but I did see the Gerhardt run and he walked in pretty much untouched. You don't have throw the kitchen sink at the guy, but at least get try to get your hands on him.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Morgan Burnett got run over twice for touchdowns....

Any injuries that you guys know of?
That's a miracle that we even ask...... so used to seeing guys leave on stretchers (Finley, Cobb) or carried off by coach/trainers (Jones)

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Omg can we ***** anymore about a win? God this forum is getting f****** stupid..I can tell the people that don't live in GB cuz all u do is *****!! We mine as well go 4-12 every year so u guys actually have a point...just shut the F up!!

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Omg can we ***** anymore about a win? God this forum is getting f****** stupid..I can tell the people that don't live in GB cuz all u do is *****!! We mine as well go 4-12 every year so u guys actually have a point...just shut the F up!!

I`m not too sure about the spelling here.that should read "Because all you do is ***** !!". Just saying :)

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score

it's not the fact that we conceded the points, it's gonna happen, but the manner that we conceded a couple of td's last night was helluva soft

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Symptoms can be delayed. The do not always happen right away. And they can be very subtle. So its just a plausible for him to have had them then it is for him to be faking it. Personally, I will give him the benefit of doubt.

Coming in late to the concussion conversation. First, Raptor is a good poster, so I won't kick him when his team is down. Second he's right about delayed symptoms. I've had two concussions and didn't know I had either of them until later. On the first one I didn't know it until I looked down at print and suddenly couldn't read the letters. They all jumbled together. The second one I didn't realize until my wife told me I wasn't writing something when I thought I was. Sometimes the symptoms don't immediately show up.

That said; I don't know how Freeman is going to do until he has time to learn the system and gel with his receivers.

Reaction score
When ever there is a possibility of a concussion (or any type of severe injury), it shouldn't be taken lightly. It is just one of those things that only Freeman and maybe his doctors can define. Hopefully he is not that shallow to fake a serious injury just because he doesn't want to go out on the field. That said, the Vikings drama continues.

Members online

Latest posts