packers @ vikings predictions.

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess on the game...
Packers 31 - Vikings 27
Rodgers throws his first INT, but also 3 TD's
Favre throws 2 INT's and 2 TD's
AP runs for 150 yards, but has a critical lost fumble.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm certainly not going to root against them. I'll certainly be screaming my brains out at the TV tonight.

But the rational part of me, that can put my Packer fandom to the side realizes that Minnesota is better at nearly every important position. Save QB and WR.
And Cb. And S. And isn't much better, if it indeed is, at TE and LB. I think they're better at the trenches, which goes a long way in determining the flow of the game, and they have arguably the best RB in football, which helps too, but we're much closer than you think. Were this game at Lambeau everyone would be predicting a Packers win. Had we a competent OL and nobody would be affirming anything so surely.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
35-24 Packers, well I can dream.

Aaron is gonna have a breakout game with Jennings, Driver, Nelson, Lee, and Finley lighting up the Minnesota secondary. Grant is gonna get it going and start running downhill and rack up 150 yards Rushing. The O-line is actually going to give up 0 sacks!!

Oh, and Favre looks sad and old on the sideline.

Hope that is Homer enough for everybody. Positive thought and energy will help the Pack win. :)
0 sacks huh? I thought jared Allen and Aaron were engaged for awhile during the game. Your o-line needs help as they gave up 8 sacks in case you lost count. What happen to all the hits on Favre that Bennet was talking anyway?

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say the Pack by 3.

Favre to throw 4 picks, Petersen to go out injured, and A-Rod to throw 3 TD's.
Brett "over the Hill and washed up" Farve was 24 for 31 for 271 and 3 td's with 0 int's and a QB rateing of 142 in case you missed that

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers - 24
Vikes - 13

Favre doesn't throw a single TD..mark my words
Your right he threw 3 one more than mr rodgers and one less int and did not fumble either. a qb rateing of 142 so yours words have been marked so now what? I bet Aaron Rodgers is sore this morning as jared Allen made him his bi-atch all night long. Skol VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's probably wishful thinking, but I just have a feeling we're going to do just fine monday night. There have been reporst that Packers players have been talking about this game since the bears game ended, and even before that.

My prediction is pretty wild, but I say both Peterson and Favre have a miserable day, but one of their receivers gets a 7+ receptions, close to 100 yds receiving and 1 td. Grant gets close to 100 yds and 1 td, and Rodgers plays well. 3tds 1 int, 3tds 2 int, 2tds 1 int, close to 65% well. We win it. Close, their final drive stumbles.
wrong on all accounts except for AP part. Favre looked pretty good to me

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Skol Guy,

Your one of those smack talkers after the game. LOL, any idiot can do that. Big deal Man, don't you know posting crap after a game makes you look like a scared little fan who can't believe his team won.

Bet you do a celebration dance when you figure out how to open your front door.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skol Guy,

Your one of those smack talkers after the game. LOL, any idiot can do that. Big deal Man, don't you know posting crap after a game makes you look like a scared little fan who can't believe his team won.

Bet you do a celebration dance when you figure out how to open your front door.
just found the sites as i was talking smack with bear Fans who hate the pack as much as me.oH btw I won 500 bones last night from a packer fan. Your right I was so scared a bet a weeks salary on the Vikes

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Your right he threw 3 one more than mr rodgers and one less int and did not fumble either. a qb rateing of 142 so yours words have been marked so now what? I bet Aaron Rodgers is sore this morning as jared Allen made him his bi-atch all night long. Skol VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As some one said easy to post smack AFTER the fact

Bring out YOUR predictions for the Viks next game, then we will see how good you really are :viksux:

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going with 38-21 Vikings as I don't see the O-Line being completely fixed. Adrian Peterson should run all day and pile up big yards on our defense. Percy Harvin could have a big special teams day as well possibly a kickoff or punt returned for a TD. Brett Favre will have a quiet game on the field but his name will be mentioned ad nauseum.

Rodgers will get big numbers but Grant will continue his struggles and they will be forced to abandon the run early. Look for Jennings to have 2 of the 3 TD's. Jermichael Finley had better make an appearance in this game but I leaning towards him being shut out or severely limited. The O-Line will give up 5 sacks total.

However Favre v. Packers II will have a totaly different outcome.

I think I only got two things right out of that. Had the Vikes not let off in the fourth that may have been the score but did anyone imagine giving up 8 total sacks. I thought the d-line for the vikings was a little over rated but they showed up big time.

Really surprised by the lack of production out of AP but I heard that he may have been hurt. Also the plays called that were runs were all to the outside which plays in the hands of the pack.

BF had anything but a quiet game last night and he had all the time in the world to make throws. Just about any QB will pick you apart if you give them enough time.

Percy Harvin is going to be special in this league. He didn't show up on special teams that much but he made some great catches but also made a boneheaded play with that WR screen. Just run forward and get some positive yardage. This isn't college anymore buddy.

Rodger's had a huge numbers day but all for naught since he was sacked eight fricking times. Ryan Grant didn't help him out much either but who can run behind that atrocious offensive line.

Skol guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As some one said easy to post smack AFTER the fact

Bring out YOUR predictions for the Viks next game, then we will see how good you really are :viksux:
The Vikes win by 10/ hows that? I also predict the Bears and Vikings are in the playoffs with the Vikings winning the North and the packers are wherever they go in the off season

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The Vikes win by 10/ hows that? I also predict the Bears and Vikings are in the playoffs with the Vikings winning the North and the packers are wherever they go in the off season

Good, lets mark this so we can come back to it

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just found the sites as i was talking smack with bear Fans who hate the pack as much as me.
That's the one thing that makes me happy. The whole division hates us. Nobody hates the Lions. Nobody talks about the Bears x Vikings rivalry. It's against the Pack that the memorable games, that the expected games happen. Face it, we're the NFC North.
:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Pack_Attack_Is_Back

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett "over the Hill and washed up" Farve was 24 for 31 for 271 and 3 td's with 0 int's and a QB rateing of 142 in case you missed that

Seriously man, he's your qb now and you still can't spell his name...? You're are a real piece of work.:viksux:

paco

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like the Packers are proving my butt wrong. Sounds like Tauscher is coming back.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Hell guys, smurfs like the pseudo Vikie fan come and go and you really don't need to waste your time with **** stains like him.

I've moderated at a good number of internet sites including a Packer's forum and frankly, non-substantial, brain-dead, numb nutz like skol guy just swing through, drop a few of their mental turds and move on to the next site.

Once the Vikies do their annual implosion, he'll be nowhere to be found because Vikie fans can't even sell out a friggen playoff game..well..that and his Mom probably will pull his internet privs because he's flunking Freshman English.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once the Vikies do their annual implosion, he'll be nowhere to be found because Vikie fans can't even sell out a friggen playoff game..well..that and his Mom probably will pull his internet privs because he's flunking Freshman English.

I'm sure life gets more difficult for Minnesota as the season progresses - that's not a stretch.

However, I can never figure out why people don't realize every NFL season is an independent event and each has no bearing on the next?!?! Let's be honest - Minnesota has never had an outstanding team except the year they lost to Atlanta, so I fail to agree with the "annual implosion" argument.

Even this season, Minnesota is nothing special. The have a superb QB and D-line, but have suspect coaching, a shaky pass-protecting offensive line and an O-line that is having difficulties consistently opening up running lanes for its running backs. Add an atrocious secondary into the equation and average receivers and I fail to see how anybody would deduct that Minnesota "implodes" if it fails to reach and win the Super Bowl this season. If anything, what Minnesota is doing now is a great job of playing to its strengths - each week they do a bit more on the passing front as BF acclimates to his surroundings.

At any rate, I certainly don't see the 2009 Minnesota Vikings as a "dominant" squad. If they can get to a point where they can consistently net BF 250 yards passing and AP 125+ yards rushing per game AND their secondary doesn't give up 300+ yards passing on a weekly basis, and THEN they fail to win the Super Bowl - well, then, you might have an argument. But to accuse Minnesota of being perennial chokers when they never field a dominant squad in all facets is really not understanding the situation.

BTW, by 33-27 prediction was pretty close.:happy0005:

Members online

Latest posts