Packers-Vikings: 2010. I hate the Vikings

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
Ewww Favre talk. Let's put this to rest right now, Favre is coming back, for atleast 1 more season, theres no doubt about it, he is still on the viking roster and this year, he never retired it's obvious.

secondly, The vikings will have a hard time jumping on people like they did last year, now that there is a full year of game tape on what the vikings do with favre.

Packers got better, the vikings got older, the lions made a huge leap forward, and the da bears are the new lions.

EDIT: does anyone else think it's funny that 1 year after DA Bears, Trade away the Farm for Jay cutler, Pro Caliber QB's can now be had for 5th or 6th round picks, I mean the bears could have had mcnaab and Jason campbell for a quater of the price of cutler.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We win this year with or without Favre.

And those software predictions are ludicrous. If I'm not mistaken, they also predicted last year we would win 8-9 games, and that we could finish 3rd behind the bears...

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my two cents is that they vikings really cant have a better year then they did last year. saying that they only way for them is down. we on the other hand will have finley all season and anew ol. and a-rod with another year. we will be the team to beat with or without the old man in the division.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree we will do good this season with or without the vikings having Favre. I never noticed until now how banged up/old the Vikings secondary is. Oct 24th Rodgers probably will have over 300 yards passing. The only other team im worried about now is the Lions... Yeah they still have many faults.. but they have potential to be a season killer. The Bears... eh... have alot of problems, starting with the head coach/GM. They'll still suck.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EDIT: does anyone else think it's funny that 1 year after DA Bears, Trade away the Farm for Jay cutler, Pro Caliber QB's can now be had for 5th or 6th round picks, I mean the bears could have had mcnaab and Jason campbell for a quater of the price of cutler.

Haven't really thought about that. Come to think of it, that's absolutely hilarious! haha stupid Bears! :chisux:

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm biased cause I'm a Packer fan, but my honest judgment is that the Packers will win this division regardless of Favre coming back or not. The Packers have solidified the O-LIne, which was the reason we got off to an average start last year. With the O-Line concerns addressed, the D-Line having the great depth it does, we can go on to win 12-13 games. Favre is another year older and banged up. He won't even come close to last years performance.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I will always be blind and believe the Packers have Superbowl hopes whenever the season starts, and it feels good this season. I expect we will be 1-1 with all of our division rivals, as much as it pains me to say it, but I could see a Lions upset, and the Bears always put up some kind of fight vs us.

I feel we got lucky to go against the Eagles team so early since I fear they can develop into something later on, meanwhile the Vikings will have a tough rematch and could throw things in a spin. The Vikings vs Packers game round two I believe will foretell who is on the top of the division.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep going guys, this is some great stuff.....I'll be back in a little while.
Yeah, please do come back.... when you make it to the Super Bowl again. Not win one, but just make it.
I know that team will never win one while based in Minnesota, but just make it to one will suffice.

If they move to LA though, then there will be a chance.

Maybe the Vikings can win 2 games again this year on a guy hooking a medium-length FG right at the end in a windless dome, and on another miracle pass/catch to a stiff of a WR when the DE whiffed on sacking the slow lead-footed QB on the play.

:viksux:

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the part I liked to read in the article:
  1. Green Bay's schedule gives the team a better chance to jump to an early division lead than the Vikings'. With games against Buffalo, Detroit, Washington and Miami, the Packers have a decent chance to be 5-1 or 6-0 heading into an Oct. 24 showdown against the Vikings at Lambeau Field. The Vikings, meanwhile, face difficult games at New Orleans and at the New York Jets. They'll have done well to be 4-2 at that point. But the bottom line is that there is a decent chance the Packers could establish a three-game lead in the division before November starts.
GO SAINTS & JETS early!!!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Lets hope the Jets vs Vikings game is the most brutal game in NFL history, and results in a Vikings lost. Wonder if Jets fans are hyping up for this one?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In regards to this attempt at humor......

The seven dwarfs went off to work in the mine one day
However when Snow White went to the mine to deliver their lunches, she found there had been a cave-in, and there was no sign of the dwarfs.

Tearfully she yelled in to the mine entrance:"hello - is anyone there. Can anyone hear me".

A voice floated up from the bowels of the mine:
"The Packers are Super Bowl contenders"

"Thank god" said Snow White "at least *****'s still alive"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I just want to point out to you, "vikesrule" that had I or any other member of this forum even attempted once to post that alleged joke on a Vikings or a Burnt Fail board, (Only with the word "Vikings" where "Packers" is) we would have been banned immediatly. No warning, no suspension. Banned, over and out, 10-4 good buddy, bye bye, don't let the door hit your *** on the way out.
So you can consider yourself lucky, very lucky that you can post that joke here on a Packer fan board and keep on being a member.
My point is that the Vikings fans are a bunch of whiny bratty uptight cry babies who can not tolerate even one little joke against their team while Packer fans can.
Packer fans are better. Miles and miles and miles better than Vikings fans.
That is fact. Not opinion.
We stick with our team no matter how they are doing and we can take a little ribbing and trash talk. We know what the meaning of Freedom of Speech really means. (Vikings fans don't. Sad but true.)
Heck.
They even set up a "Smack Talk" section where fans or non-fans of the Pack can flame away all they want to at the beloved Green and Gold.
Yeah.
Packers fans rule and are the BEST (Again, fact) fans out of all other teams in the NFL.
:viksux:

One more thing about this "joke."
The Pack made it to the playoffs.
So yeah. They were Super Bowl contenders.

Hey. I think I hear the Vikings office calling you, vikesrule.
They need their empty Super Bowl trophy case dusted yet again.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the viking fan has been on here longer than any of us have? I am glad to see fans of other teams on here and hope it expands our discussions. Lets avoid the tired pointless attacks and debate like reasonable fans. I have been the the metrodome many times and have enjoyed interacting with the fans. They are my favorite rival, as in they are the one I root against the hardest, and I think the interactions between the fan bases is one of the best things about this border on border rivalry. I do not think any rivalry in American sports right now could come close to what the Packers and Vikings have, and both fan bases should be proud of that.

As far as next year I think Brett will fall back to earth, from his high point last season, and start playing like the packer fans have been expecting. The possible suspension of the Williams wall will be interesting to watch as it could impact whether the Vikings make a play for Haynesworth. Their O-line is getting old quick and they are very thin at CB.

With the Packers I have concerns we force the ball too much to Finley and that it hampers our offense at times. Will Woodson have as good of a season? I doubt it but I expect him to be a top notch pro bowler another year. He is steadily building a HOF career, when only a few years ago his career was written off. Rodgers needs to shake off all of the big game doubters and put up a career game against the Vikings to deserve his standing as a top 3 QB in the league.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been to 5 Packer games at the Metrodome that I can remember, and we're 0-fuqing5 in those games, and 4 of them were with Farve as our QB.

I've seen about 16 games in person with Farve playing, and while we were about 10-6, he sucked overall. I saw a crappy win in Tampa Bay that was all defense. I saw a crappy low scoring win in St Louis in the title season, I saw a loss at Detroit, yes Detroit! The Silverdome. I saw his ugly *** loss in Dallas in 2007 when he put us in a 27-10 hole then exited hurt after his 2nd int, then Arod came in and almost dug us all the way out. That's when I KNEW we had ourselves our new QB.

I saw the home loss to the Vikings also in 1998 when Randy Moss introduced himself to the world and Packer fans, and Ron Wolf who passed on him in the draft that year.

So it's easy to see why I hate the Vikings, and think Farve has always been overrated. What I saw was nothing better than a decent QB. But all his troubles were always when faced with a big pass rush, and we never sacked that bastard once last year and that pissed me off big time. Big big time. I want him feeling pain early and often against us, and then he'll serve up some Ints on platter for Woody, Collins, and Burnett!

As for Viking fans in general: They are, overall, the worst I have ever seen, and I have seen games in many stadiums, cities.
Now I have to admit there are some great great loyal Viking fans. Some are just as good and smart as Packer fans. But they definitely do have the most bandwagon fans (percentage-wise) that I have ever come across.

They can sell out, but then when they're bad, all of a sudden they're barely able to sellout. We know our story with the million-year waiting list for a ticket.

I root for the Vikings to lose every year, every game, even if I have money on the Vikings. Well if it's a big wager, then I might root for the Grape Apes !

I never wish for injuries to anyone. But they happen. We've lost Kampman, Harris, Barnett, Tauscher, and Will Blackmon to ACL's the past 2 seasons. I'm telling you, they are overdue. They had EJ Henderson and then Cedric Griffen.

When is Jared Allen going down?

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been to 5 Packer games at the Metrodome that I can remember, and we're 0-fuqing5 in those games, and 4 of them were with Farve as our QB.

I've seen about 16 games in person with Farve playing, and while we were about 10-6, he sucked overall. I saw a crappy win in Tampa Bay that was all defense. I saw a crappy low scoring win in St Louis in the title season, I saw a loss at Detroit, yes Detroit! The Silverdome. I saw his ugly *** loss in Dallas in 2007 when he put us in a 27-10 hole then exited hurt after his 2nd int, then Arod came in and almost dug us all the way out. That's when I KNEW we had ourselves our new QB.

I saw the home loss to the Vikings also in 1998 when Randy Moss introduced himself to the world and Packer fans, and Ron Wolf who passed on him in the draft that year.

So it's easy to see why I hate the Vikings, and think Farve has always been overrated. What I saw was nothing better than a decent QB. But all his troubles were always when faced with a big pass rush, and we never sacked that bastard once last year and that pissed me off big time. Big big time. I want him feeling pain early and often against us, and then he'll serve up some Ints on platter for Woody, Collins, and Burnett!

As for Viking fans in general: They are, overall, the worst I have ever seen, and I have seen games in many stadiums, cities.
Now I have to admit there are some great great loyal Viking fans. Some are just as good and smart as Packer fans. But they definitely do have the most bandwagon fans (percentage-wise) that I have ever come across.

They can sell out, but then when they're bad, all of a sudden they're barely able to sellout. We know our story with the million-year waiting list for a ticket.

I root for the Vikings to lose every year, every game, even if I have money on the Vikings. Well if it's a big wager, then I might root for the Grape Apes !

I never wish for injuries to anyone. But they happen. We've lost Kampman, Harris, Barnett, Tauscher, and Will Blackmon to ACL's the past 2 seasons. I'm telling you, they are overdue. They had EJ Henderson and then Cedric Griffen.

When is Jared Allen going down?

I had that same revelation back then. Although I don't think I've hated Favre as long as you apparently have lol.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I dunno what you guys are talking about, I hate the bears atleast 20x more than I hate the viqueens, And I atleast have respect for the History of the Bears organization, So many HOF guys,(Bears have 26 HOF guys, packers 21, Queen's have 10, and no Super Bowl victories. Even the lions have 14 HOF guys) So many Great Teams in different eras. The Bears and the Packers, is the Best Rivalry in sports, second too Yankees/Red sox only. What have the Queens ever done? their best player ever is John Randle, Second is Randy Moss and he didn't even respect the queens(until the queens got randy moss their franchise was basically The Lions "Now in Purple with horns"). Heres a quote from Wikipedia about the Vikings: "No team has as many NFC or AFC Championship game appearances (nine) without a Super Bowl title." I think that sums it up for me, Atleast the bears can "Get er Done" some of the time. And no matter where either of the teams are at Bears-Packers is always a good game. Queens just recycle old packers players and try to win the division. This whole favre thing has just thrown everything out of proportion, cause all of a sudden, you guys can win a playoff game, WOW. Bears-Packers will always be more significant.

:viksux::viksux::detsux::viksux::viksux::chisux::detsux::viksux:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the viking fan has been on here longer than any of us have? I am glad to see fans of other teams on here and hope it expands our discussions. Lets avoid the tired pointless attacks and debate like reasonable fans....

Thank you ivo610, I appreciate that. Well said.

Perhaps I should have reintroduced myself since it has been awhile since I have posted on this forum. I may have made a slight error since almost none of you know who I am or what I am about.

As ivo610 pointed out, I have been a member here for quite awhile. I was quite active when the original owner of this forum (Ryan) ran it. And I had a good time getting to know cheeseheads and exchanging some good debates and yes, humor as well.
I am glad to see that robdog has turned this place around since that other guy after Ryan ran it into the ground.

OK....I am not a bandwagon fan, since I am what some consider "chronologically challenged" I have been a Vikings fan since the late 1960's. And yes that means that I have been through many, many a heartbreak. But always a Minnesota Vikings fan no matter what.
And will I be here mid-season? I was here during the 2006 and 2007 seasons and believe me, I took my share of grief over those. I do not know if they are still archived but I started threads during those seasons for the betting of avatars, needless to say, I lost.

I have enjoyed getting to know some cheeseheads(debating football and talkin' a little smack) and now consider many as friends, like longtimefan and IronMan.

To summarize, yes I am a rival fan but I have tried to never talk smack in the regular Packers section (unless like this thread and it's title, I consider it fair game)
I usually confine my smack talk to the smack section and even then I want you to know that it is all in fun and meant to be good natured humor... please do not take it to heart. I will join in regular football discussions, sans the smack.

And lastly to conclude my rambling, even though I am a member here, since I am a Vikings fan I have always tried to conduct myself as one would when they are a guest in someone else's home....May not always succeed, but I do try.:icon_wink:

So even though it will take some time to get to know me (and me you), you will find that I am not such a bad guy...for a "horn-wearing, purple-clad, ******* from Minnesota":icon_biggrin:

Oh ya, about my sig...it's a joke, lighten up. Life is too short!

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
No worries, I think most of us got the jist with your recent posts. Most are harmless jokes and sarcasm. Actually got me to laugh at some in the smack section. The reason i joined this board was because it had a decent Packer-Viking fan ratio.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
VikesRule,

Nice stuff, thanks for the re-introduction.
I can tell you are one of the best Viking fans, very well-versed and mature. You're like 2 of my best friends who are die-hard Viking fans, big big time.

Me myself, living in Minnesota for all of the crappy 80's and 90's, I really was forced to hate that team. The Packers were horrible for all the 80's. Then when we got good in the 90's, the Vikings won 3 straight garbage-lucky *** games in that Metrodome with me there. Can you say Eric Gulliford? Oh, how about TJ Rubley? Or Faud Reveiz.

Then I wanted Randy Moss in that 1998 draft so bad. That was like a gift from God that he slid that far to our pick at #18 on a silver platter (Jerry Rice slid to #16 in 1985).... and then when Wolf passed, I was crushed, then when the evil Grape Nation took him, it made it so much worse. I knew he was a superstar, and he proved it right out the gate. That was the turning point from the Packers owning the whole NFC to the Vikings ruling the division.

Honestly, it did make me feel better when the Falcons upset the Denny Green Grapes in the NFCCG at the time, but looking back, I wish the Vikings hadn't choked that so we could have gotten the Broncos-Vikings Super Bowl.

Randy Moss made the retired Randall Cunningham look godly. He made Jeff George look godly. He made Brad Johnson look great, and he made Daunte Culpepper look like an MVP. Moss personally torchered and tormented me for 8 years, and then when Thompson's ego kept us from getting him in 07...... and besides him still being great at that time, the Viking fan would have finally felt like what we feel like all these times they take our guys (Favre, Sharper, Longwell).

While I do love some Viking fans, and respect a few Viking fans, I think it's safe and accurate to say I would be the president of the Viking-Hater Fan Club. LOL

But I do like the jokes, and sense of humor. People gotta laugh in life !

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just do it like you said you would, Vikesrule.

Keep the trash talk to the smack area... Even if homer threads like this pop out. Because, after all, this is a Packers forum...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I agree we will do good this season with or without the vikings having Favre. I never noticed until now how banged up/old the Vikings secondary is. Oct 24th Rodgers probably will have over 300 yards passing. The only other team im worried about now is the Lions... Yeah they still have many faults.. but they have potential to be a season killer. The Bears... eh... have alot of problems, starting with the head coach/GM. They'll still suck.
LOL. Just for the record.

Average age of Packers DB's 26.5
Average age of Vikings DB's 26.1

But go ahead and keep thinking that way.

Members online

Latest posts