Packers uniforms, LOL no I dont want a change but..

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a sports fan but along the way I became a appreciator of teams uniforms and helmet histories and stuff like that. A lot of modern stuff is glossier and shinier than it used to be but it seems to me the Packers yellow is borderline too yellow LOL almost highlight marker yellow especially on the pants depending on the light/tv etc.

I may be completely wrong but I'm sure there is some difference. Ultimately I do kind of like the idea that the Packers would/could go back to their earlier yellows with a little bit of orange in it ( I'm assuming that's what was in the mix at the time ) maybe not the exact 60s color but a portion of that orange to soften it a bit.

I wouldn't mind the Rams going back to their 80s yellow though too LOL

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
In the Lombardi era photos, when did the G go on the helmet?
I also like the '35 jersey for a throwback, better than the one they use.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the Lombardi era photos, when did the G go on the helmet?
I also like the '35 jersey for a throwback, better than the one they use.

I think 1960 was first year...I understand/assume the no logo pick is 59

this picture is my desk-top

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

The Packers uniforms are great , no change necessary.

We'll maybe one.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By coincidence yellow is my favorite color so I'm good with it.

They could come out in just their underwear and I wouldn't care just as long as they won the darn game.

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers uniforms are great , no change necessary.

We'll maybe one.

not looking to quote change anything. But I guarantee most teams while keeping the same uniform change their shades sometimes ever so subtly. its an old example but that one year the Raiders put a little pink in their silver to give it a different shine/shade.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im in the belief that things like stripes on uniforms should be consistent. I also like subtle over large. The pic with lacy is one where I prefer the O line's stripes over his. As with the other pictures I like the 9ers use of stripes over the packers

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im in the belief that things like stripes on uniforms should be consistent. I also like subtle over large. The pic with lacy is one where I prefer the O line's stripes over his. As with the other pictures I like the 9ers use of stripes over the packers

that is weird..you would think they wouldn't make mistakes like that since the 60s. Or does it have something to do with the size of the player and the size of the pants they get and the stretch material that's used. Because how else can lacy have larger stripes ? do the packers have home/away pants with larger/smaller stripes ? practice pants from a previopus year ? how the heck does that happen ?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think the Skins throwback helmet from 2011 was matte brown, and I wouldn mind ours being matte.

1930's shirt would be sick.

The thought of Lacy struggling to stretch on "smedium" pants somehow popped into my head and made me laugh.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
The only thing I would like to see added on the uniforms is the addition of the name PACKERS sewn into the jerseys. I like how other teams have sewn in on the chest(just below the NFL), on the back( above the name plate) or on the back( below the numbers)

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking...

The Packers should adopt a secondary logo kind of 40s/50s/60s ish of a guy who is packing something or bring this back maybe a tad modified. Not for uniform of course but just for shirts n promo's n stuff

along with the Dodgers its a very unique name compared to all the animals and soldiers names n such

LeoVG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last chance for changing them was in the Ron Wolf era. Fans complained so he dropped it

OP
OP
ram29jackson

ram29jackson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last chance for changing them was in the Ron Wolf era. Fans complained so he dropped it

no ones expecting a change either. But at some point trends or choice change the green and yellow shades a little darker or lighter

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm guessing that the color green is because of Green Bay.
Does anyone know if yellow represents anything or is it just a nice compliment with the green?

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score

It was the 7 member Executive Committee of the Green Bay Packers Board of Directors that did not approve of the Ron Wolf's new design of Packers uniforms in 1994.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts