Packers Uniforms and Ron Wolf

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Oops. I had tried to post a picture in here, but it has appeared not to word. Sorry everyone.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kDQ_gSyMf...zZ3Rqw/s1600-h/1952_Oct26_PackersLions_wm.jpg

Here's the link. Take a look at these hideous gold on gold on gold uniforms from the early fifties. The Pack have made mistakes with uniforms in the past. Also the yellow facemasks on yellow helmets in the early sixties are disgusting.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oops. I had tried to post a picture in here, but it has appeared not to word. Sorry everyone.

1952_Oct26_PackersLions_wm.jpg (image)

Here's the link. Take a look at these hideous gold on gold on gold uniforms from the early fifties. The Pack have made mistakes with uniforms in the past. Also the yellow facemasks on yellow helmets in the early sixties are disgusting.
So it looks like they actually did have gold helmits at one time.
And good choice of photo with the number 69 prominently displayed on the left!
:crazy:

Interesting that the crowd resembles more of a high school game rather then the big sold out games in arenas. And of course this is back before astro turf and domes.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
So it looks like they actually did have gold helmits at one time.
And good choice of photo with the number 69 prominently displayed on the left!
:crazy:

Interesting that the crowd resembles more of a high school game rather then the big sold out games in arenas. And of course this is back before astro turf and domes.

Thats because it was City Stadium....which currently is a High School stadium! The Packers truly were a small town team at the time. I think the highest seating capacity ever there was somewhere in the 25,000 range. Great history. I don't know if you live in Green Bay or not, but if you don't and you ever come to town, don't just go to Lambeau. Most visitors to Green Bay don't take the time to drive across the river and go Baird St. to see the original home of the Packers. Well, the original home was Hagemeister Field (where East High currently stands), but City stadium is still there and they recently built a very nice fence and facade around it. Highlight of my high school football career....playing at City Stadium. If you are into Packer history the area around East High is a great place to visit. Curly Lambeau's house is in that neighborhood as well. I believe you can visit it and take a tour.

Lambeau House > History of the House

don_frosto

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd also support the throwback uni for one game. It'd be nice to see what the Packers wore before I was alive :)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My vote is on the original throwback uni for one game;

or

A Lombardi era uniform (with the stripes), but with Gold instead of Yellow, for one game as well...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do believe there was a jersey available for sale similar to that, it had the G on the side just like the picture. I wonder if it is related.

$F4RVE$

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the uniforms now are decent. i think when the oline plays like weak little girls they should have to wear pink jerseys. maybe even little pink cheerleader balls for there sneakers. lol.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I like the idea, but the article mentions solid brown helmets with a gray facemask to mimic the '29 unis. This would be hideous. They should do the throwback uniform listed in the article but with the yellow helmet with navy facemask. I love the idea of doing a throwback for one game. Hopefully they will.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer alternate jerseys next season

Just saw this and am very excited about this, the packers dont do this enough.

source: Uni Watch

NFL News: A little birdie who’s in a position to know sent me some NFL tips the other day. I can’t confirm any of it, but I feel the info is solid enough to pass along, with the proviso that it’s all subject to change:

I got a memo mentioning new third jerseys for the Packers and Colts. The memo also mentioned “updated” third jerseys for the Cardinals, Eagles, Patriots, and one other team (I think it was the Bears, but I’m not positive).

Based on something I saw earlier, I’m almost certain the Packers will be wearing 1929 throwbacks. Those are dark blue jerseys with a dark blue numeral inside a gold circle over khaki pants and dark blue socks. Of course, per today’s uniform standards, the circle and numeral on the front would be much larger, and I believe the style guide showed a solid brown helmet with gray mask to simulate the leather ones some players wore in 1929. It’s gone from the server now, however — I guess I’m lucky I saw it.

The Colts, I’m not sure about. I’m assuming they’re going with a new throwback, because I don’t see how their identity could support any sort of “modern” third jersey (especially since they have only two team colors). Maybe they are going to trot out the blue helmet with the horseshoes on the back.

As far as the teams updating their third jerseys, I have no specifics. … It’s possible that the updates are simply changes in the cut or material of the uniform, which would force retailers to order new authentics for the coming season and would explain the need for a memo regarding these four teams.

Reebok also pitched a program last year that was (philosophically) very much like Nike’s Pro Combat initiative. There were some good, interesting things done in the explorations, but unfortunately none of those elements were combined correctly and some of the best ones were not even chosen to be in the final three options presented to the league. I don’t think the league/teams would have gone for it, anyway.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Glad the Packers are heavily considering this. I wonder how they are going to modify the 1929 jerseys. Though the part that may scare them is the commitment factor, if they go for the alternate and its generally disliked by the fans they are stuck with it till 2016 I believe. I am glad the Packers are supporting their rich history. Though I am unsure about the brown helmets, rather get gold.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Those sound barfable. I'm not excited.

These are how they looked then:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree.
I don't mind throwbacks for just one game.
But the green and gold is for all the games.

Is that site reputable? It doesn't look like it.
I'm calling ********.
Why the heck would they even think about a brown helmet?
And I thought throwbacks were only for anniverseries in regards to the leauge not the team.

I'll believe when I see it.
Either on the official website or on the field.
:hmm:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is closer to what they would be thinking.

Attachments

• 1919uniform.png
    1919uniform.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 139
OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

I love these unis. They are classic. Per NFL uniform regulations, the numbers on the front of the jersey would have to be MUCH larger. I would be willing to bet they will go with the same helmets we wore in the 94 season. I think the uniforms will look really nice. I am a huge fan of celebrating the history of our amazing franchise, and having a throwback like this pays homage to Curly Lambeau and the most beautiful history in professional sports.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I really hope the helmet isn't just straight brown. I've been trying to think of a way they could make it cool and I came up with this. Actually paint it to look like a leather helmet. And, because words probably don't describe that well, I have a crude mock-up:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope the helmet isn't just straight brown. I've been trying to think of a way they could make it cool and I came up with this. Actually paint it to look like a leather helmet. And, because words probably don't describe that well, I have a crude mock-up:
that looks really good!

Members online

Latest posts