Packers UDFA 2021 + Tryout

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

9 draft picks this weekend. 72 players currently signed to the roster, bringing the total to 81.
9 slots available for undrafted rookies.
  • Bailey Gaither, WR, San Jose State (SanJoseStateFB: source)
  • Coy Cronk, OL, Iowa (Journal & Courier: source)
  • Jacob Capra, OL, San Diego State (San Diego State FB: source)
  • Jon Dietzen, OL, Wisconsin (Badger FB: source)
  • Christian Uphoff, Safety, Illinois State (source)
  • Jack Heflin, DL, Iowa (Pelissero: source)
  • Carlo Kemp, DL(LB), Michigan (Silverstein: source)
Packers Official

MINI CAMP

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really hope Packers offer Cade Johnson a contract.
- He just followed GB twitter.. :eek:
signed with seahawks

Last edited:
OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
one of my sleeper picks - Austin Watkin signed with 49ers.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a few other higher profile UDFAs if anyone is interested...
charles snowden to bears
dylan moses to jags

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a few other higher profile UDFAs if anyone is interested...
charles snowden to bears
dylan moses to jags
I'm waiting for Ar'darius Washington to sign. Wtheck happened, for him to go undrafted?
signed with ravens.

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uphoff seems like the best of the bunch so far and I would think has a good chance of making the team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hope the Packers consulted with Davante before signing Bailey Gaither. Otherwise, it could very well lead to Davante demanding a trade or he will retire.

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Final 2 slot remaining for UDFA, I'm expecting a QB and or Kicker. Could also see packers cutting and adding more UDFA.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I love nabbing Kemp. Raw but skill is there on tape.

Totally agree. While I haven't really looked at much on any of these guys, it seems like Kemp was just a guy that if he had a few "Wow plays", he might have gotten a bit more attention. Depending on his work ethic and desire, which sounds like it is there, I think with as thin as the DL depth is, he has a good shot.

His 5 years at Michigan, is actually pretty impressive for an UDFA from a Big10 team.

Carlo Kemp - Football - University of Michigan Athletics (mgoblue.com)

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree. While I haven't really looked at much on any of these guys, it seems like Kemp was just a guy that if he had a few "Wow plays", he might have gotten a bit more attention. Depending on his work ethic and desire, which sounds like it is there, I think with as thin as the DL depth is, he has a good shot.

His 5 years at Michigan, is actually pretty impressive for an UDFA from a Big10 team.

Carlo Kemp - Football - University of Michigan Athletics (mgoblue.com)

he was always a thought of mine in every mock late...very happy to see we get first test on him

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Final 2 slot remaining for UDFA, I'm expecting a QB and or Kicker. Could also see packers cutting and adding more UDFA.

I am really wondering what they will do at QB. They have 1 and 1/2 (Love and Rodgers) right now. So for sure one UDFA, if not 2. If Rodgers is traded or retires, I think they go out and sign a low end Veteran guy like Blake Bortles or AJ McCarron. There isn't much out there, but they shouldn't have to spend much either.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am really wondering what they will do at QB. They have 1 and 1/2 (Love and Rodgers) right now. So for sure one UDFA, if not 2. If Rodgers is traded or retires, I think they go out and sign a low end Veteran guy like Blake Bortles or AJ McCarron. There isn't much out there, but they shouldn't have to spend much either.

Depending where the trade is you may get someone back. Also always a low end trade for someone as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly Brett Hundley is out there. I can think of worse QBs to bring in cheap

OP
OP
PackFan2

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ICYMI

Falcons signed Dwayne Johnson JR...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not Packer related but Marvin Wilson lost million plus not coming out last year....he did sign a contract with Cleveland as UdFa and got a $30k bonus!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not Packer related but Marvin Wilson lost million plus not coming out last year....he did sign a contract with Cleveland as UdFa and got a $30k bonus!

Interesting player. Once considered a potential 1st or 2nd round lock based on his 2019 season, he doesn't sit out and basically bombs during the season and at his pro day. Just the little I read about him, sounds like a kid with no real drive to put in the work and also one who wasn't very careful with comments he made about a coach.

Anyway, he got paid a lot ($30,000 signing bonus plus $162,000 in guaranteed base salary) for an UDFA by Cleveland, perfect fit for him, they seem to be a team willing to roll the dice on just about anyone. I hope he thrives.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wilson is one of the main candidates that I was hoping we'd take a risk on. That whole team was a dumpster fire with great athletes. He's a young kid who needs a little motivation and might turn out to be a pretty damn good DL player.

Members online

Latest posts